Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Hurricane Yoh! ❯ Chapter 3: Tumbling Tamao ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
Disclaimer: I don't own Shaman king, any characters, or even the background story, but I own the story I write here, of course.

Anna was drinking tea in front of the TV. However, the hurricane had finally knocked the stations off the air and she was left with nothing to do but contemplate Yoh's punishment for taking so long. She rehearsed her speech mentally: "Yoh, you lazy bum. Are you going to leave your future wife all alone in a storm, hungry? What kind of husband are you, anyway? If you think I'll just cook my own dinner, you have another thing coming. That thing being double laps for the next three days! How could you worry your fiancée like that?" She tacked the bit about “worrying” on just because she knew how much it would bother him. (What? Wasn't it because she was actually worried? You fool! If she hears you, you'll die! Run for it!). Yoh was odd like that, but she suspected that he had finally becoming desensitized to extra training.
Her speech done, she returned to her “Insensitive Ice Queen” mental exorcises (personalized itako training). She was mildly annoyed at the knock when it disturbed her.

Finally, Tamao had made it. As a house of shamans, there was never any need to check the weather report. Even Tamao was in tune with nature enough to sense tomorrow's weather by now. The downside to this, of course, was that she never knew tomorrow's weather in other places. If she knew a hurricane was going to hit Yoh's inn, she would have tried to get there before it. As it was, she had to go through the hurricane. If she hadn't Oversoul-ed (spirit control-ed) Ponchi into that trashcan lid for a shield…
“Welcome”
“Ah! A… Anna-san?” Anna stood before her… in an Onsen(hot spring facility… thing) hostess dress
“Come in” Anna said simply, as if she wasn't in Onsen-hostess dress-up. As if it were perfectly normal for someone to show up in the middle of a hurricane without notice.
“ah, hai(affirmative/yes)! Is um… is Yoh-kun… here?”
“He's out”
“O-out? In…” Tamao turned to look outside of the furyoku bubble. As if on cue, a shopping cart was propelled by the wind to roll down the street and crash through someone's fence.
“He'll be back later”
“But, but… my readings said Yoh-kun would be in danger, I came to warn… what if it's the hurricane?”
“That's nothing new”
“But he…”
“Go take a bath” She'll hyperventilate if she keeps thinking about this. He'll be... fine. Of course he will. Even if I wanted to look for him... which I don't, we'll become sick, and leave the house empty. That's more dangerous than anything else right now. Yoh coming home injured to an empty house.
Tamao's little pink (red? pink-red?) ghost let itself be known “Alright! I feel so dirty, being put in a trashcan lid…” he sent a glare towards Tamao.

Author's Corner
OMG. Even writing fanfiction takes research. Hang on, people that want something more serious. It'll get to that eventually, I'm sure.