Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Hurricane Yoh! ❯ Chapter 2: Battery Run ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
Disclaimer: I don't own Shaman king, any characters, or even the background story, but I own the story I write here, of course.

Yoh trudged through the rain. It was up to his ankles around here, and it seemed to get worse the closer he got to Manta's house. On the brighter side, the higher water level uncovered something amusing about his training weights. Wow… After a particularly staggering step, Yoh's landing foot created a huge splash to completely saturate the tiny spots of dryness that Yoh had left. Oh… that was bad, but awesome! I wonder what happens if I cannonball with this stuff on? I'm going to cannonball the hot spring as soon as I get back, yeah!
And then I'll eat cheeseburgers, and Anna will give me a massage, while listening to Bob's new CD...
Yoh can be forgiven for his hurricane-induced delirium. Because if he had remembered that his house was surprisingly lacking of cheeseburgers, new Bob CD's, and most definitely of a fiancée willing to massage anything, he might simply give up on life right there.
Man, this week's been tough. And this hurricane's huge! Even though school's been cancelled… Anna still works my butt off training! She takes this way too seriously; she's going to bust a vein or something one of these days.
Yoh stopped, he had to. Where there was once a bridge leading over a small river, there was now half a city block's worth of rushing water. It's almost like Anna bossed nature into making this harder for me. I can't get any wetter but if I go in there, I'll sink with these weights on and get dragged downstream. Yoh looked downstream and spotted various broken pieces of furniture at just the perfect angle for impalement. He looked across, Manta's house could be seen in the distance. I'm… already feeling dizzy. I want to sleep… but… especially today, I have to do what Anna says. Oh well, you never know until you try, right? And, half deluded Yoh proceeded to walk straight through the river, his weight charms keeping him from being swept away as he trudged on the bottom.
So, after many perilous trials, when Manta opened the door, he came face-to-face with a very muddy Yoh… with tree and furniture debrees that hadn't been blown away by the wind still in his hair, bite marks (from what? We can only guess) and with a garden hose somehow wrapped around his upper body. Those last few blocks were insane.
“Yoh!”
“H-hey Manta, w- (cough) what's up?”
“Um, not… much?”
And so, a short while later, Yoh made his way home again with his bounty, leaving a worried and still mildly confused Manta behind. That manta's great. But if I left there any later, my furyoku shield would have collapsed and the little guy would have been blown into the wall.
Maybe visiting was too dangerous in a hurricane after all? Oh well, it's all right in the end.
(What? Of course Yoh made a mini-furyoku shield... Manta can't even open the door against hurricane force winds! Why hasn't Yoh used his shield up to this point?... he doesn't have enough to waste on something like that)

A/N: Wow, the story is written quickly enough, but it doesn't really go anywhere yet, huh? Well actually... A lot has happened to poor Yoh, I feel ashamed that I have belitled his situation now. Oh well!