Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Shamanic Oyamada ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Wow………ch. 3! Whoo hoo! I'm planning on introducing a few new characters in this chapter, and developing the plot a little more. Enjoy and please review!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Three hours later everyone was gathered around for the deciding round of the tournament. With a sudden, loud, virtual explosion, it was over and the scores came up on the screen: Rei-57,923 and Ren-598.

"What were you saying about boys being better?" Rei asked, punching the air victoriously. "Horo-kun, get me some scissors! Time to play barber!"

Horo Horo ran off to do as instructed while Ren stood there dumbfounded. Horo Horo returned shortly and handed Rei a large pair of hedge clippers.

"All I could find." He shrugged.

"Ready, Spiky?" Rei asked with a slight snicker. SNIP! The spike fell to the ground………in one clump. "Or would that be Ex-Spiky?"

Ren glared, picked up the spike and started for the door.

"Aren't you going to say good-bye to your friends?" Jun asked, then sighed. "If you wanted a haircut, you should've told me………it would've been safer."

They left with him growling about something.

"I'm kinda hungry." Yoh announced. "Let's go get pizza."

The small group left the arcade for the nearest pizza place. They stopped at a crosswalk. Rei noticed a green haired boy about their age came up across the street.

"Hey look, it's Lyserg!" Manta pointed out, trying to wave.

When the light changed, the green haired boy stood still, waiting for Yoh-gumi to reach him.

"Hi guys!" He smiled. "Long time no see."

"We were just gonna get some pizza." Horo Horo added. "Wanna come?"

Lyserg nodded, and followed.

"Oh, Lyserg, this is Rei." Yoh smiled. "She's Manta's cousin from Okinawa."

"Nice to meet you." Rei smiled.

"The pleasure's mine." He replied.

The group got a booth in the back of the pizzeria, placed their large order, and began to catch up with Lyserg. Suddenly a small purple light emerged from somewhere inside Rei's long braid and began flying around Lyserg's head.

"Sakura! Don't be so rude!" Rei exclaimed, catching the small pixie and sitting her on the table.

A similar pink light came out from under Lyserg's cloak, landed near Sakura, and frowned, crossing her arms.

"You have a pixie?" Yoh, Manta, Anna, Horo Horo, and Lyserg asked Rei in unison, slightly confused. Rei had also said it, but her comment was aimed at Lyserg and was much more excited then confused.

"Sakura………apologize………" Rei said, looking at her smallest friend.

Sakura flew up to eye level with Lyserg and gave a small bow.

"Quite alright, right Morphin?" Morphin looked skeptical. "Morphin………"

Morphin nodded, crossing her arms

"Morphin is very cute." Rei smiled, causing Sakura to look at her offended.

"Sakura is simply adorable as well." Lyserg replied.

Morphin looked heart broken, crossing her arms again.

"I hate to break this up………." Anna said. "But the foods coming, put the pixies away."

Each returned to their respective hiding places until the pizzas were sat down, and the waiter had left, then they came back and shared their shaman's pizza.

Rei laid a slice on a plate and moved it towards Utena.

"Why do you insist on taunting me so?" Utena asked.

"It's a sign of respect." Rei replied, annoyed.

"How? I can't eat it!"

"It's just respectful." Rei rolled her eyes. "Although, ghosts are supposed to respect their shamans, but you don't. Most ghosts call their shaman's "Sama"."

"I was not about to call a 7 year old "Sama", and besides………I am not most ghosts."

"Come on Uta-chan, it's the thought that counts." Amidamaru replied motioning to the slice Yoh had given him.

Before long the conversation switched to how Rei had gotten Sakura.

"When I was 10, I went off to play in the forest outside our home and got lost. Sakura found me and led me home. She decided to stick around just incase I got lost again."

After they finished eating, they decided to go back to Yoh's house to watch movies.

After a quick stop to rent some movies, they arrived at the biggest house Rei had ever seen.

"Yoh, this is your house?" She asked, confused.

"Hai." He smiled, opening the gate.

There was a tall man with a pompadour, sitting on the porch, asleep.

"Ryu?" Yoh asked. "Ryu? Wake up………"

"GET UP NOW BAKA." Anna yelled, causing the man to jump so high he hit his head.

Rei looked from the man to where Lyserg had been standing, then noticed something behind her.

"What are you doing back there?" She asked Lyserg.

"Shhh!!" he whispered

"I was waiting for you to get back.........since this time yesterday………." Ryu then looked offended. "Where were you?!?!?"

"We stayed at Manta's last night………" Horo Horo stated. "You stayed there all night?"

"Hai." Ryu nodded..

Rei felt a tug on her braid.

"What are you doing?" She asked quietly.

"Don't let Ryu see me………" Lyserg whispered back.

"Why?" Rei asked.

"Who are you talking to?" Ryu asked, approaching her.

"Um………my pixie………" Rei suggested. Sakura shot out of her braid and hovered facing her. She gave her shaman a scolding look, shaking her head.

Rei felt a huge tug on her braid, jumping from shock and pain.

"Lyserg-kun?" Ryu asked, smiling broadly. "Why were you hiding behind her?"

Lyserg gulped, then forced a smile. "I was……..um………fixing her braid."

"Why don't we go inside?" Yoh suggested, motioning the others to follow him. Rei helped Manta and Lyserg get snacks, Lyserg said it was to stay away from Ryu.. Rei situated herself on the couch, Horo Horo jumping in right next to her, and Lyserg politely asking to sit on the other side. Manta sat with Kororo on the other side of Horo Horo while Morphin and Sakura sat on their shaman's heads. Ryu looked disappointed that there was no room left on the couch and sat in a chair instead. Anna took a seat on a beanbag, and Yoh popped in the first movie, "Night Of The Living Dead" before lying on the floor and going to sleep. About 10 minutes into the movie, there was a knock at the door. Either Rei was the only who heard, or the only one who cared. She got up and went to answer it. Ryu then dived into her seat on the couch, and Lyserg nearly ran to catch up with her. Standing on the other side was a tall, blond, gothic looking man.

"Hello. Have you seen my dog Franky, he ran away." The man asked.

"Hello Faust." Lyserg replied. "No, I can say I have seen Franky today."

Rei saw something come towards them.

"What is that?" she asked.

Faust turned around. "Franky!!!!!"

"Aww, it's a-" Rei stopped when she saw the skeletal dog. "Skeleton?"

She took a step back as the ghost of a blonde woman appeared.

"I told you he'd show up." She stated.

"I know, Eliza, but I was worried." Faust replied. "Oh, is that "Night Of The Living Dead"? That's my favorite movie. Mind if I join you?"

Without answering, Faust followed them inside.

Rei glared at Ryu before sitting on the floor in front of the chair, Lyserg sitting on one side, and Manta, for some reason, on the other. Rei had a feeling this would be a long night.

* * *

Just as Rei got up to put in Anna's choice of the night, "Princess Bride" there was another knock at the door. She sighed and went to get it.

There stood Ren, with his spike taped on, and Jun.

"Ren and I decided to come over and visit………didn't we, Ren?"

"Hai." He grumbled., glaring at Rei.

"Your hair looks nice." Rei teased. "Won't you come in………I'm sure you'll love the movie."

Ren growled but Jun smiled.

"Thanks, we'd love to." She smiled, pushing Ren in before her.

Rei sighed. This would be a very long night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Ok………now all the possibilities for the pairing have been introduced. Will Rei fall in love with: Ren, Horo Horo, Yoh, Lyserg, Faust, Ryu, or will she remain single? If you guess right, I'll give you an insert role. Please include you're e-mail address when you guess so I can notify you if you are right. Thanks, and please review! ^__^

AN(2): Thanks to Chibi Team Rocket, I now know Pixies can't talk, so I revised this chapter. I hope it's just as good like this, anyhoo, enjoy! ^__^