Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ Moonlight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Later that day, Anna and a defeated Kirara returned. Yoh was passed out in the same place he was when they left, HoroHoro had fainted on his way to the dining room, Manta was asleep in the mop bucket, and Ryu was hanging upside down in a tree. Anna led Kirara to the dining room where they found Pirika humbly eating Ramen. She fixed the medium and her newest guest a bowl as well. They ate and discussed their position.
"Kirara cannot be allowed to see the others' spirits. We risk the chance of her finding a liking to a certain one."
"You had no luck in finding one that suited her, Anna?"
"No." Kirara ate quietly, as if she neither heard nor cared that they were talking about her.
"Where did you go?"
"She went up to Amidamaru's grave, and on the way back, she speculated the diminishing chance of having a Koro Pukkuru."
"Coincidence?"
"Possibly." Kirara set her bowl down and stood.
"Where is my room?"
"Just follow the outside wall until you find the room that read 'Shaman Team' on the front." She bowed and left the room.
***
Kirara's hand slid along the outside wall as she looked for her room. On her way there, she stepped on a very familiar shape. Her foot slipped on HoroHoro sweaty shirt and she started to fall. But the now conscious HoroHoro jumped up to catch her, and succeeded in doing so. He brought his face nose-to-nose with her, smiling lecherously.
"Ah, Kirara... the sunlight does your elegant skin no justice, but the moon bring out your beauty."
"Leave your lecherous words in your mouth, boy. I wish not to hear what mind-numbing dribble goes on in that head of yours." HoroHoro helped her up and she continued down the side of the house in search of the 'Shaman Team' room.
***
"I'm stuck.." Manta struggled against the bucket that had taken his backside prisoner. Both toppled over as the girl from earlier walked by, "Kirara! Kirara! Please help me!"
She slowly turned around and looked down to meet eyes with the little one. ::HoroHoro was right:: Manta thought ::She does have black eyes, creepy.:: Kirara knelt down and picked him up, the bucket falling off in due course. She set him down, patted his head, smiled softly, then continued her trek for her room.
*** (d00d, she's running into alot of people)
Yoh had finally found the strength to walk back to his room. He opened the door, pulled off his day clothes and climbed into bed. His soothing sleep was interupted when someone came in and sat at the window. He rolled over to scold who every came in. The person at the window was the girl Anna was training that afternoon. She kind of spooked Yoh, the moonlight shining in from the window struck her at angle and gave her a ghost-like facade. There was something eerie about her that Yoh just couldn't put his finger on. He decided to interrogate her.
"Hey, Kirara!"
"What?" She grunted.
"Why're ya here?"
"To continue my family's tradition and bloodline." the bloodline bit almost gave Yoh a nosebleed at the thought.
"Was it by choice?"
"For the most part."
"My name's Yoh Asakura."
"Kirara Nandaba."
"Did you have any luck in finding yourself a guardian spirit?"
"No." She yawned.
"Yoh-san..." Yoh jumped and flattened (spirit flame) Amidamaru into the floor. The tiny spirit whimpered and wriggled beneath his Shaman's hands. Kirara turned her attention away from the sky and towards the source of whimpering.
"What was that?"
"Our... puppy? Yeah! Our puppy, Ami-chan!" She gave him a 'baka Shaman' look and continued star gazing.
-fin-
Iris: Hehe... Ami-chan... I like it.

Ami-chan: That's not funny! ...HEY! CHANGE THAT! *points to his name*

Iris: Not my fault. *shrugs*

My: Yeah, he did it.

He: Not me!

Me: What did I do?

I: Nothing! She started it all!

She: Why are you blaming me?

Me: Their blaming you!

You: Keep us outta this.

Us: Right on.

Everyone else: Us! You just ruined the chain!

Us & You: Oops.