Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ Ren, Kirara, and Areia ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kirara was awakened by Yoh's gentle nudging. It was early, very early. Anna wasn't even up yet, it must have been early.
"What time is it?" She mumbled, shifting her weight and falling over onto Yoh's shoulder.
"It's 4. Get up. I'm going to help you find a spirit." Yoh helped her to her feet. Her eyes fluttered open and she gave him another look of disbelief, "Wow, your eyes are black. That's cool."
Both of them shuffled quietly out of the house and into the city. Kirara took Yoh's hand and walked very near to him. He blushed slightly as he lead her up to Monument Hill, where they sat beneath the tree next to Amidamaru's grave.
"Are you sure you can't see any spirit that you would like to have on your team?"
"No." Her voice sounded bitter, but calmed, "It wouldn't if I could see any spirit that I wanted on my team, there's a spirit somewhere in this town that fits with me. A spirit that I need." She yawned and huddled against him, partly burying her face in his neck. "You just wouldn't understand... Yoh-kun."
He blushed again, even deeper this time. Here was this really pretty Shamaness, laying against him, holding his hand, sleeping on him. The heat was rising off of him and warmed them both. It was a surprisingly successful night for him.
***
He woke the next morning... back at his house. HoroHoro, Kororo, Ryu, Tokageroh, and Amidamaru were all sleeping peacefully for the second time that week. Yoh took a fearful glance at the clock. 1:00. He shuddered. The later they slept, the harsher their training. He struggled out of the mass of spirit and body and slipped into his day clothes. Before he could make it out the door, Anna burst in. She was scowling more than usual.
"Where did you take Kirara?" She growled.
"Wha-what do you mean?"
"Don't play games with me! She's missing!"
***
She wasn't quite sure how she got were she got, but one thing was for sure. She didn't want to be in the middle of the fight she was listening to from behind the bushes. A boy and woman were arguing.
"Listen here, Areia" The boy snarled "Either you join my Spirit Team or be gone from this World!"
"Ren." the woman, Areia, spoke calmly "I have a purpose to fulfill on this Earth that I could not fulfill in life."
"Hm. What use are you to a Shaman who hasn't even come to look for you?"
"My Shaman is closer than you think."
"Foolish! Join me or be banished!" At this point, Kirara peeked through the bushes, though she had a gut feeling it wouldn't do her any good. She gasped. Areia was a beautiful samurai spirit with long red hair, soft blue eyes, dressed in a white and black gi. The spirit gave off a black aura. An aura that Kirara recognized as her own.
"My spirit...."
***
The search party (consisting of Manta, Yoh, Amidamaru, HoroHoro, Kororo, Ryu, Tokageroh, Anna, and Pirika) scoured the entire city. They came up with nothing with every spirit they talked to. Not a living or non-living being in the vicinity had seen Kirara. In an upset grudge, the group sulked past the museum where Amidamaru's Sword of Light was kept. Everyone sensed an on coming battle from that area and raced over to see what it was. Ren and a female samurai spirit were fighting when Yoh-gumi arrived. Ren shot one glance at Yoh and stopped immediately.
"What brings you here?" Before anyone could respond, Kirara burst from the bushes and ran towards Areia. The audience that was present saw two black auras merging as Kirara got closer to the samurai, but she never made it. Ren snatched the girl and laughed.
"You will regret not taking up my offer, Areia! Join my team, or your Shamaness will suffer!"
"Kirara!" cried Yoh, Manta, and HoroHoro. Areia dropped to her knees.
"Curse that boy, and his entire damn bloodline! I lost once before, I will not lose now!" She rose to her feet and Amidamaru placed his hand on her shoulder.
"You cannot face off with Ren on your own." Areia glared at him, "Kirara is our friend too, let us come with you to save her."
She stared uneasily at him, turned on her heel and walked off, "Come if you find it necessary, but I do not require any assistance in saving my own Shaman."
***
"Let me go you jerk!" Kirara shouted, flailing in her captor's arms.
"My name is Ren Tao and you are?"
"It's none of your business." She pulled away from him and fell onto a bed. Ren partway rested himself on top of her. His strong body held the young Shamaness down, no matter how hard she struggled against him. His lips brushed against her own, not quite in a kiss, and trailed down her neck. She inhaled sharply and shuddered under his gentle movements.
"Hm, you enjoy that kind of attention?"
"Villain! Monster! Pervert!"
"Hm." He took her arms and pulled them over her head, holding them there with one hand while the other played with her short hair. She tried to kick him away, but his legs were baring down on her own, "What do you enjoy?"
"I enjoy my freedom." she snorted.
"Not so slick are you?" he chuckled. His free hand (the one in her hair) raised her head up as he kissed her. It wasn't a long kiss, but Kirara was stunned by it. She snapped back to reality and found herself appalled with her own actions.
"Curse you!" she hissed, but she suddenly found it hard to be mad with him. All the senses she had originally thrown out to spite him had returned. She could feel his fit and warm body pressing against her own, the soft of his lips as he placed them against hers playfully. She could smell the shampoo and soap, he must have showered earlier in the day, their herb and fruit scents sending a strange shock down her back. She could hear his gentle, soothing voice, his suddenly comforting word relaxed her body ("I would never hurt a woman as beautiful as you."). She could even see his aura, it was jade and swirled with her black aura. This boy... was this boy making her feel everything she was feeling? These warm, comfortable, soothing feelings that she had not felt since before her mother passed away.
"Is there something wrong?" Ren asked "You're no longer spitting at me."
"..."
"Tell me your name."
"Kirara..."
"It's nice to see that you want to cooperate with me, Kira-koi..." His pet name for her woke something up in her mind. ::Kira...:: she thought mournfully ::Only my mother called me that...::
"Let me go."
"Ho?"
"I said, 'Let me go.'"
"Okay." his voice faltered, he sounded upset to let her go. But he rose up off of her- she suddenly felt really cold- and led her to the door "You are free to go." She reached to open the door...
"I can't go..."
"Why not?"
"I..." Her stomached churned. She wanted to return to HoroHoro, Yoh, Manta, and continue her training, but she didn't want to leave the strange warmth that Ren gave her. And then it hit her... she was suffering. Ren leaned against the wall.
"What's wrong?"
"..."
"Oh, looks like your friends have arrived. Let's go greet them." He pulled her close and kissed her temple. She felt that warmth washing over her again.
"What did you do to me?"
"What did I do?" he asked, utter disbelief in his tone, "Do you think what you feel is false?"
"No... it just feels... weird."
"Everything feels weird the first time..." he whispered in her ear, looking across the room at a burning incense stick.
____
Iris: Oooooh, ahhhhh! Okay folks, I've figured out exactly what to do w/ Baka Amerika-jin. *ahem ahem* Who wants to try it? Will pick up BA from where I left off and you all can send me your own chapters! Doesn't that sound like fun?

Rules:
1) Must keep original characters (Rena and Ethan) and the Love Hina cast.
2) Remember, their 2 middle schoolers going to Tokyo to get into Tokyo U.
(So long as it doesn't contradicted the very words up here, go ahead and write it)

Format:
1) Include your name/pen name
2) Put chapter in the body of the letter or as HTML
3) Finish off chapter with (And then...)

Iris: Each week, I'll upload a new chapter until we get to the end! ^_^ Have fun!

(send chapters to: Sailor_Dragon24@hotmail.com)