Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Dragon ❯ Family p.2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Heh." snickered Soata, throwing HoroHoro. He landed with a thud and groaned in pain, then the maniacal brother tossed Yoh, Anna, and Pirika aside, finishing up with tearing the spear from Ren's grasp and striking the Chinese boy down. The attack left a scar across Ren's right shoulder
"Kisama."
"Kirara, put aside what these fools have taught you and allow me to see what power you have over the Darkness Dragon."
"Darkness Dragon?" inquired Amidamaru and Bason, who stayed by their Shaman's side.
"Yes..."
"Hey! We haven't played yet!" It was Ryu/Tokegeroh, Pailong, Jun, and Manta.
"No! Don't get involved!" cried Kirara, but her words didn't make it to Ryu. He struck down, pleased with his work. But the hood of the jacket merely split and fell limp around Soata's neck. Soata was a handsome young man, though incredulously pale. He had deep blue eyes and brown hair.
"This is your brother?" Ryu asked.
"Yeah, he got all the recessive genes... Look out!" Soata's arm (the one he's been using) lashed out and threw Ryu into a wall, his entire upper body going right through. Pailong was ready to step up and fight, but this time Kirara spoke loud and clear.
"You three go tend to Yoh and Ren. I will have no more casualties on my behalf." they nodded and gathered the two boys a safe distance from the fight.
"Kirara-dono." Amidamaru said, "What is the Darkness Dragon?"
"A powerful technique that is our family's legacy. Amidamaru, Bason, Areia, Tokegeroh. Please lend me your strength."
"Four Hyoi Gattais?" Areia appeared next to her Shaman, "Wouldn't that be dangerous?"
"Soata has at least 15. If we have any hope to save our friends, I have to master the Darkness Dragon's Second Rung, Multiple Hyois."
"I grow weary of your conference over there, Kirara! Fight or die!"
"Now! Amidamaru!"
"Hai!"
"Bason!"
"Hai!"
"Areia!"
"Hai!"
"Tokegeroh!"
"Hai!"
"Spirit-Ball Mode! Second Rung of the Darkness Dragon. Multi-Gattai!" Four spirit balls appeared around Kirara and sprung into her body. She hunched forward, breathing heavily. One spirit was hard, but four was unexplainable pain.
"Kirara-dono, this is dangerous! Please stop!"
"No, Amidamaru, Little Lady has to overcome this obstacle and we are merely to help her along, other than that, she should fight this battle on her own or not at all."
"Kirara-chan." hissed Soata, "You are pathetic if you cannot hold the Second Rung... Fifth Rung of the Darkness Dragon! Spirit Copy!" He spun the Kwan-Dao above his head, forming darker copy, and tossed the original to Kirara. She stumbled for it, still struggling to catch her breath, and held it with the sword end facing her brother.
"You will not harm them any more!" Kirara gasped.
"Mh-hm." Soata shot forward and knocked the tired Shaman off her feet with the blunt end of the Kwan-Dao. Amidamaru pleaded for her to stop, but she rose again.
::This is too hard for her:: Areia called out to the other spirits ::Amidamaru, Bason! Station yourselves in her arms! Tokegeroh, you and I will man her legs!::
::Hai!:: And as they did so, Kirara could feel a weight being lifted off her chest, allowing much needed air to get to her limbs and mind. Suddenly, Soata's movements were very easy to see. Smiling, she ducked and slammed her Kwan-Dao into her brother's gut length-wise. He jumped back and held his stomach, baring his teeth at her. She had mastered the Second Rung of the Darkness Dragon in such a short amount of time.
"Impossible! It should take at least a month to master the Second Rung, how could you do it in only 5 minutes?"
"My friends believe in me" Kirara preached, placing her free hand over her heart "And so long as they do, there's nothing I can't do!"
"Isn't that sweet?" he growled back, then he look back out at the many bodies that laid scattered about the yard, "Hn."
"Don't you dare!"
-fin-