Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 13

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
Part 13: The Final Frontier
By Sakura

“Hate to break it to ya toots, but if we keep this up, the ship’s gonna burst,” Valgarv said to Firia as she tried yet again to get near the huge tower dominating the crater filled wasteland.
“I think Val-san’s right,” Amelia said not liking the way the newly repaired airship was vibrating.
“I guess,” the blond priestess replied, reluctantly giving up on attacking the tower for now. “I’ll set it down near that town over there. At least I think it’s a town.”


After searching for supplies and equipment upgrades at the Vile Tribe infested town, the group decided to act on their latest lead – go through the mine next to town in order to reach the tower, or the ‘Grindery’ as the locals called it.
An hour or so later, they were forced to sneak by a bunch of Vile Tribe workers in one of the larger caverns. As they were about to exit from the connecting corridor, an earthquake stuck. Fearing they had been found by Rezo, Xellos-tachi rushed back to see what had happened.
Much to their relief and shock a landslide had almost completely buried one of the workers.
“Aren’t they going to help that poor man?” Amelia asked, noticing that the other workers hadn’t even bothered to look up from their work.
“It ain’t our problem, babe,” Valgarv said heading back into the previous corridor.
“Val-san I can’t believe you! It’s unjust to leave him to die like this! I’m going to help him!” With that, the black haired princess rushed to the fallen man and frantically began clearing the rocks.
Sighing Valgarv shook his head and joined her. Soon Xellos and Firia were pitching in also. Within minutes, the worker was freed.
“Thank you for saving my life,” the Vile Tribesman said bowing. “I never thought a human would care enough to risk their life for someone like me.”
“It was the right thing to do,” Amelia said, blushing slightly. In spite of the man’s greenish skin, she found him to be a bit cute. “I just couldn’t let you die there.”
“Hey get back to work ya bums!” the foreman said noticing the small group in the far corner.
“Rezo’ll have our hides if we ain’t done on time,” one of the workers added.
“Hey it’s a bunch of ugly, stinking humans!” said another worker, brandishing his pickaxe as if it were a weapon.
“Uh-oh,” Xellos muttered and grabbing hold of the still blushing Amelia and leading the others deeper into the mine before things got worse.
“Hmm, they’re a lot braver than we thought,” Sylphiel said coming out of the shadows. “I never thought they’d risk their own lives to save one of us like that.” As quickly and quietly as she came, the purple haired villainess vanished.


“How much longer do we have to stay down here?” Nall asked, now officially tired of looking at nothing but dimly lit stone walls.
“It shouldn’t be too long, Nall,” Xellos said, ‘I hope,’ the purple haired dragonmaster added silently. It had taken another hour to get where they were now and still no exit to the outside was visible.
“I think I see a light up ahead,” Firia said noticing the mine was getting a bit brighter.
As they approached the light, the group found themselves in what appeared to be a graveyard for the mineworkers.
“Great, at least we know where we’ll wind up if we don’t get outta here,” Valgarv muttered.
“Please don’t say that Val-san,” Amelia said, shuddering.
“We’ll get out of here, right Xel?” Nall asked.
“Right.” Their leader didn’t feel as confident as he sounded though. There was still no real exit in sight.
“Hey! There’s a statue of L-sama here!” Firia said from the center of the graveyard. “I wonder what it’s doing way down here in the middle of the Frontier.”
“That’s because, as much as we may hate her, we need L-sama’s magic in order to survive in this wasteland,” the worker they had rescued earlier explained.
“Talk about irony,” Nall quipped to Xellos.
“I never really did get to thank you properly,” the worker said, blushing at the black haired girl.
“That’s ok, we were just doing what we had to,” Amelia said blushing back.
“Umm… ano… can you tell us if we can get to the Grindery from here?” Xellos asked.
“Yes. The exit’s not to far from here,” the Vile Tribesman replied, “Just go through the next two caverns and you’ll be out of the mine.”
“Thank you so much,” said Amelia.
The worker blushed again. “It’s the least I can do. You’re the ones who saved my life.”
“Oi princess!” Valgarv called from the far doorway, “You can flirt later. We’ve got a friend to save!”
The princess and the worker blushed profusely. “I-I wasn’t flirting!” Amelia said indignantly, “I was just thanking him.”
“Sure, whatever,” replied the aqua haired mercenary.


As they enter the second room, the group was suddenly plunged into darkness.
“This can’t be good,” Nall said not liking the feeling he was getting.
“Hey who turned off the –“ Firia began, but screamed as she felt something grab her. A few moments later Amelia’s scream was heard.
“Amelia! Firia!” the boys yelled.
When they were able to see again, they were confronted with something they weren’t certainly expecting.
Eris was standing triumphantly on a ledge above them. Next to her stood the girls, covered in strange black ropes, unable to move.
“Let ‘em go, you pushup bra wearing slut!” Valgarv shouted at the scantily clad woman.
“I will,” she said sweetly with a smirk plastered on her face, “If you two fight each other for me.”
“Say what?! You’re not only ugly, you’re off your rocker!” the horned boy spat back.
“Well, if you want your girlfriends to die, by all means go on ahead,” retorted Eris, ignoring the insult.
Valgarv gritted his teeth, hating the fact she had them where she wanted and she knew it. “We’ll do it,” Xellos said sadly. “I’m sorry Val-kun.”
“Good boys. Now make this a good show or you’ll precious girls will be the ones to suffer.”
“I’m sorry too, pal,” Valgarv said drawing his sword and facing the purple haired boy.
“Oh, and by the way, it has to be to the death. Only one of you is going to leave here with the ladies,” Eris said, before cackling.
“Xel?” Nall asked when the dragonmaster hadn’t responded to the witch’s taunt.
“It’s ok, Nall, I’m not going to kill him,” he replied, drawing his own sword.
His aqua haired companion let out his breath upon hearing his friend’s statement. “That’s good to hear Xel buddy. ‘Cause I ain’t gonna kill ya either,” he whispered back before making the first move.
The two fought for several minutes, neither landing a blow. “Ok brats, play time’s over,” an enraged Eris shouted realizing the boys were only mock fighting.
She was about to zap the disobedient boys, when a white furball flew straight into her face, scratching and biting whatever it could get a hold of. As the witch fought off Nall’s attack, the girls were finally able to break free of the ropes.
“My face! You little fleabag! You’ve ruined my face!” Eris cried, covering he red and bleeding face. “You’ll pay for this!” She then vanished. “If you survive that is,” came her disembodied voice as a glowing black ball with eyes and a mouth appeared behind the boys.


“If I ever see that *bleep* again, I’m gonna – “ Firia waved her mace, causing the others to duck.
“Please Firia-san, be careful. I’d like to go back to Daddy in one piece,” Amelia said, barely escaping the unintended blow.
“Oopsie, sorry Ame-chan,” the priestess apologized. “It’s just that…” her voice trailed off sadly.
“We’ll ger ‘er babe,” Valgarv said putting an arm around her, which earned him a ‘kiss’ from mace-sama.
“Would you two please behave for a moment,” Xellos began, “We have to figure out how to get into this thing.” Firia and Valgarv blushed sheepishly at their leader’s reprimand.
“There’s no knobs or even a keyhole,” the little white dragon said looking at the huge iron door before them.
“There should be a secret entrance over to the side a bit.” The group turned around to see Sylphiel standing behind them. Valgarv drew his sword and Firia brought out her mace once more, however neither of them struck. They waited for the purple haired woman to explain. “I mean you no harm young dragonmaster,” she said, keeping her distance.
“Why are you helping us, Sylphiel-san,” Xellos asked, one hand at his sword’s hilt, just in case.
“I’ve come to realize that Rezo’s way is no the way the Vile Tribe should be using. Even though we’ve lived in this wasteland for five hundred years, we still wish to live in a fertile place like you do. Rezo’s way is too violent, it will only bring us more suffering and innocent people will die. Please stop him before he turns the rest of this world into a lifeless one.”
None of them could move, each pondering on what the purple haired woman said. “You’re not trying to trick us are you?” Nall asked.
“No,” the eldest of the three witches said, a sad smile on her face, “No tricks, no more lies, please help us Xellos-kun.”
“I will. We’ll stop Rezo and save Lina,” vowed the purple haired dragonmaster.
“Thank you young, Xellos. The password for the secret door is ‘Green Earth’.” With that the purple haired witch vanished, leaving most of them extremely confused.


Several hours and monster battles later, Xellos-tachi arrived at a room dominated by two sets of stairs. An odd looking man stood at the top of the stairs.
“How do you like my masterpiece?” he asked, turning to face them. “I, Taben, the greatest genius in the whole world, built this magnificent Grindery.”
“Who the *bleep* cares!” Valgarv yelled, “Just tell us where the *bleep* the *bleep*ing fruitcake Rezo is!”
“Tsk, tsk, such language,” Taben said shaking his head, “Let me show you my latest invention, it’s a killer!” The mad inventor laughed as a section of the floor opened up and Zelgadis wearing a robotic chicken suit rose up from the hole. Xellos-tachi couldn’t help themselves and started to laugh their heads off.
The lavender haired boy glared at them for a few seconds before going back to nervously staring at Amelia. “You shouldn’t have come here, Amelia.”
“I had to Zelgadis-kun. I can’t let Rezo get away with this.”
“Amelia, it’s no use! He’s too strong. Go home before it’s too late.”
Crack!
A large red handprint appeared on the traitor’s face. “Now you listen good, Zelgadis,” said a very angry princess, “We are going to stop Rezo and free Ms. Lina, and you are going to either help us or stay out of our way!”
“Whoah,” whispered Valgarv, “That’s one heck of a temper.”
“Amelia,” Zelgadis said, dumbfounded at the normally shy girl’s outburst, “You truly think you can win, don’t you.”
“I do. As long as I have my friends with me, I know we’ll beat that villain.”
“Maybe it was wrong of me to do what I did after all,” Zelgadis said, looking at the floor.
“You’re just realizing that now?” Nall spat.
“I just wanted to protect you, Amelia,” he said quietly.
“Well, it’s a tad too late to turn back now, my boy,” Taben said, drawing their attention back to him. “Rezo-sama said to take care of some pests and that’s what you’re going to do.” He laughed and brought out a strange looking box.
Below him, Zelgadis’ arm rose and a lightning bolt shot out of the robot’s hand.
“Hey! What gives?!” Valgarv said narrowly dodging the spell. “I thought you were gonna say you’re sorry!”
“It’s not me!” Zelgadis replied, “I-It’s Taben! He’s controlling this damn suit somehow!”
“Great. Now we’ve gotta fight this jerk, like it or not,” Firia said getting mace-sama ready.
“Zelgadis-kun…” Amelia murmured before casting a defensive spell.
Once they had defeated the chicken suit, Amelia immediately made sure Firia healed the lavender haired boy’s injuries. “Are you all right now?” she asked him.
“Thanks for stopping that thing. You’d better get going after Taben before he makes me do something else or worse.”
“Hey Zelly! Aren’tcha coming or not?” Valgarv asked the traitor.
“What do you mean by that? And do NOT call me ‘Zelly’.”
“Come fight with us Zelgadis-kun,” Amelia begged, “Please? We really could use your magic.”
“You’d let me join you again, after what I did at Jiiras’?”
“Will you help us?” Xellos asked, “We’re still friends, ne?”
Zelgadis stared at them for several moments before answering. “I-I’ll try my best to make up for my treachery. Thanks for forgiving me.”
“Welcome back, Zelly!” Valgarv said slapping him on the back.
“I said not to call me that!” the apprentice mage yelled, wincing at the horned boy’s strength.
“All right minna, let’s go get Rezo!” Nall said flying out the door at the top of the stairs.
“You’re much too late children!” Rezo said, surprising them in the next room. “My plan is almost complete. You might as well give up.”
“Release Lina!” Xellos shouted at the Magic Emperor.
“As amusing as you are, Xellos-kun, I have a few finishing touches to attend to. Taben, start the Grindery.”
“As you wish, Rezo-sama.” The inventor went over to a strange looking panel and began to fool with a few of the buttons on it. The Magic Emperor then chose to vanish, leaving the heroes behind for now.
“Rezo! Come back here!” Firia yelled.
“Not again,” Xellos said, crestfallen. Some dragonmaster he turned out to be. Would he ever be able to free Lina? How could he when the one who had kidnapped her kept refusing to fight or listen to him?
Just then, the Grindery shook violently. Firia chanted an Escape Litany, allowing the group to arrive outside just as the humongous tower began to move upon conveyor belt covered wheels.
“T-That thing moves?!” Valgarv said as they flew after it.
“Who cares, horn boy,” Zelgadis snapped, “We’ve got to stop it! Look at where it’s headed!”
“Oh no!” cried Amelia, “It’s headed for L-sama’s tower!”
“And Vane,” Zelgadis added.
They floored it, causing the airship to strain itself. Even at top speed, the vehicle was unable to catch up with the now mobile Grindery.
“Shimatta!” cursed Firia, “We should have told Jiiras to make this bucket of bolts faster!”
“You were expecting him to build the Millennium Falcon?” Zelgadis spat.
“Will you two shut up and drive!” Amelia yelled, fearful for her father and hometown’s safety.
When the Grindery arrived at the floating city, it stopped suddenly.
“Thank goodness,” the black haired princess said, relieved.
“I don’t think so, look there Amelia,” Zelgadis said, pointing at the tower’s top.
A beam of magic light shot from the tower and struck Vane in an attempt to blast it out of the way of getting to the tower it was guarding. Chunks of the city broke off and fell to the ground below. Another blast shot from the evil tower and hit the city once more. This time the floating city fell to the ground, crashing into the mountain and forest under it.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DADDY!!!!!” Amelia cried, Zelgadis and Firia doing their best to comfort the frantic girl.


Whoo! What a cliffhanger, ne minna?

Amelia: Sakura-san! How could you do that to my Daddy?!

Sakura: Gomen ne, Amelia. I do have to stick to the script here.

Lina: Speaking of which, if I’m the star, then why did you have me leave the fic for so long?!

Gourry: Actually Lina, it says that Xellos is the star.

Zelgadis: Unfortunately.

Lina: NANI?! (starts to chant the Dragon Slave)

Sakura: Uh-oh!! (hides behind Yugi and Kaiba)

Yugi: Sakura-san what’s going on?

Sakura: Don’t just stand there you two! Sic your Dark Magician or Blue Eyes on her!

Yugi: Why?

Kaiba: Yes, why should I? Where’s Mokuba, onna?!

Everyone but Yugi, Kaiba and Lina: JUST DO IT!!

Lina: DRAGON SLAVE!!!!!!!!

Crispy Sakura: You ok, Yu-chan?

Yami Yugi: Don’t. Ever. Let. Her. Near. Us. Again.

Sakura: Whatever you say, Yami-chan.

Yami: I was talking about you.

Sakura: Yami!!! Hidoii!!!!! ;_;

Zelgadis: At least she didn’t have you wear a stupid chicken suit.

Tsuzuki: Or sic a maniacal doctor after you.

Daisuke: Or have your best friend slap a mind-controlling chip on ya.

Sakura: OK. He gets the idea. Now help me clean this place up.

YY: (Glares)

Sakura: Onegai? (PDE’s)

KaizerKen: Review or be fed to my Kimeramon!