Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
Part 14: The Beginning of the End or Lina Goes Mental
By Sakura

“You sure about this Amelia?” Zelgadis asked the black haired princess. She had been frantic when Vane came crashing down, but thankfully Phil had managed to evacuate everyone and had teleported to the ground just in time.
“I want to make sure Rezo pays for what he did to Vane,” she vowed, glaring at the gigantic mobile tower, “That madman has to be stopped!”
“I agree,” Xellos said, grabbing the hilt of his sword. “I’m coming Lina.” The purple haired Dragonmaster approached one of the lower side doors of the Grindery.
A group of armored monsters burst our of the evil tower just as they were about to enter, however Xellos-tachi had been expecting something like this would happen and immediately launched into battle. After dispatching two or more waves of an endless stream of monsters and Vile Tribe members, they were forced to fall back.
“There’s no *bleep*ing end to ‘em!” swore Valgarv.
“Well I’m not giving up,” Firia said gripping her mace tighter. “Not until he pays for what happened to Dad.”
“Yeah, and how are you gonna do that if you’re killed?” Nall asked pessimistically.
The blonde priestess humphed. Just as she was about to whack an approaching monster, there were was a loud whistling and a hailstorm of arrows came flying over their heads, killing several of the enemies.
“Are you all right, Dragonmaster?” Lei Magnus asked leaping off his horse and running up to them. Xelas calmly followed her boyfriend.
“Lei-san!” Amelia said with relief. “What are you doing here?”
“We saw what happened to the floating city and came to see if we could help. It looks we made it just in time.”
“You sure did, pal,” Valgarv said smiling warmly. “Thanks for the assist.”
“You’re welcome, my friend.” The plainsman turned to face Xellos. “We’ll distract them so you can get inside.”
“But…” Xellos attempted in protest.
“We’ll be fine. Ours is a race of warriors,” Xelas said, proudly, “This is what every warrior dreams of. This will be a battle our children will sing of for generations to come.”
“Xelas-san,” Xellos said in awe of the plainswoman.
“Oi! Let’s get goin’ already!” Valgarv called, heading toward the still open door. “You’ve got a babe to save!”
“Be careful,” the purple haired boy said to Lei.
“May L-sama watch over you,” he replied, getting back on his horse, Xelas already back on hers and itching for a fight.
“Hang on, Lina! Help’s on the way!” Nall said flying after his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later, they reached a place where they could rest. “What the?!” Nall said as they stepped into sunlight and blinking due to the dim light of the cold metal corridors.
“It’s beautiful!” Amelia exclaimed.
They had come upon a good-sized garden about halfway up the Grindery. Tiny fairies flittered to and fro while a single statue of L-sama stood in the center.
“I’m glad you like it,” said one green clad fairy coming to perch on Valgarv’s head.
“Hey!” he protested indignantly. The fairy only giggled, refusing to leave such a comfortable spot.
“But what’s a garden doing here?” Firia asked marveling at the amount of rare flowers lovingly planted.
“Rezo-sama built it for us,” said a pink clad fairy as she flew happily by.
“Isn’t he the best?!” squealed another fairy.
“But why?!” Xellos asked, perplexed, “Why do such evil things and then make something like this?”
“How dare you say such bad things about Rezo-sama!” the first fairy yelled, “Rezo-sama saved us all from certain doom! He’s the most wonderful man in the world! Now get out!!!!!”
The fairies then swarmed on them en masse and started biting and pinching them mercilessly. Xellos-tachi made a beeline for the nearest door. It was a good thing they healed at the statue before talking to the fairies – there was no way they’d be able to go back now.
“Had to open your mouth did you?” Zelgadis said wincing at a particularly large black and blue mark on his hand.
“He didn’t mean anything!” Nall spat. “He was just –“
“That’s enough Nall,” Xellos said redrawing his sword. “We’ve got to hurry.”
The little white dragon shut his mouth in shock. Never before had his friend sounded or looked so determined. No one said a thing as they followed their leader deeper into the Grindery halls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another hour later, they were unable to go any further due to an invisible wall at the end of a brightly lit corridor.
“Damn! There’s gotta be a way through this!” Firia said, whacking the mace against the invisible barrier.
Suddenly, the blonde priestess went sailing and landed on her face. The barrier had mysteriously disappeared.
“Thanks babe,” Valgarv said helping her to her feet.
“Wasn’t me,” she replied shooting a death glare at the aqua haired boy.
“That’s because I lowered the forcefield,” said a severely injured Sylphiel.
“You!!!” Zelgadis snarled.
“You must go now, young Xellos,” the purple haired villianess said ignoring the nasty looks the lavender haired apprentice mage was giving her. “Go stop Rezo.”
“Why are you helping us?” Amelia asked, confused.
“As I told you before, what Rezo is doing is wrong. I do want freedom for my people, but not at the cost of innocent lives or destruction of a world I love so much.”
“Sylphiel-san,” Xellos said, touched by her words and unexpected help.
“There you are you backstabbing *bleep*!!!!!” yelled Eris appearing with Martina at her side.
“How could you onee-san?! You’re one of the Vile Tribe!!!!” screamed the mint haired girl.
“Go children. I still have a little strength left to hold my sisters here,” Sylphiel said standing between the two witches and them.
“You’re no longer our sister, Sylphiel,” Eris spat.
“You’re a traitor who has to be punished!” added Martina.
“Ms. Sylphiel,” Amelia started.
“Just go. You’re the only ones who can stop him and save this world!”
Nodding, Xellos dragged the protesting princess through the now open doorway. The others quickly followed, each saying a quiet prayer for their newfound ally.
Beyond the doorway was a large and richly decorated room. Two huge metal doors stood at the far end, but that wasn’t what interested them. Rezo was standing in the middle of the room, as if expecting them.
“It ends now, Rezo!” Xellos said bravely facing the armor clad Magic Emperor.
“Indeed it does boy. But it won’t be my life that ends this day. Give my regards to Dynast!” With that, the purple haired man shot a ball of magical energy at the group. Amelia quickly go a shield up while Valgarv, Zelgadis, and Xellos attacked the evil mage with cold steel and magic. Firia , itching to join the boys, stayed behind with the other girl, knowing that she’d be needed for healing purposes.
Half an hour later, Rezo was crouching on the floor, mortally wounded. Firia immediately went to work while the others panted for breath. Rezo was one incredibly strong foe.
“How can this be?” Rezo choked. “I… can’t be beaten by a mere boy.”
“Give it up, Rezo,” Xellos said sadly, having been the one to deal the deathblow to a man he had once greatly admired. “You’ve lost.”
“I’m not finished with you yet,” the Magic Emperor said then faded into nothingness.
“Yahoo! We did it!” Nall said flying above them, ecstatic.
“You were a great teacher,” Zelgadis said solemnly “I wish I could have had more lessons with you.”
“Zelgadis-kun,” Amelia said placing a hand on his shoulder.
“Oi!” called Valgarv. “Check it out!”
They turned to see the doors at the end had opened and there was a balcony with a raised dais outside. On the dais, looking at L-sama’s Tower was –
“Lina!” Nall and Xellos exclaimed.
“Don’t just stand there buddy,” Valgarv said pushing him forward, “Go get ‘er!” He then winked, making the dragonmaster blush.
“Don’t worry about us,” Amelia said smiling.
“We’ll wait here,” Zelgadis said glad to see the girl they had fought so hard for hadn’t been harmed.
Xellos nodded in thanks and approached his adopted sister.
“Lina?” he called, “Are you all right?”
The redhead turned to face him, a blank look in her ruby eyes.
“Lina? Don’t you remember me? It’s Xellos.”
“The one you know as ‘Lina’ is no longer in this body,” she said in a cold voice that sent shives down his spine. “Leave now or suffer the consequences.”
Xellos started climbing the stairs, determined to snap her out of whatever spell Rezo had put on her. “You don’t have to act like this anymore Lina. We beat Rezo. It’s ok now.”
“You are foolish not to obey.” There was a flash of light and Lina’s peasant clothes had changed into a very skimpy outfit of purple and black leather, a white cape flowed from her shoulders. Her hair was no longer a fiery red, but a golden blonde.
“Lina?!” Xellos stared at his friend and sister, completely stunned. The girl then promptly zapped him, knocking him off the dais steps.
“Xel!” Nall shouted alerting the others. “Why’d you do that Lina?! It’s Xel!”
“There is no ‘Lina’,” she said “Do not interfere dragon.” She then turned back to L-sama’s Tower. Lina raised both her arms to the sky and began to sing, an evil aura surrounding her.
It was any eerie song that made all of them cringe. Clouds darkened the sky turning it into an unnatural night. No one could move as they watched in horror as lightning flashed and struck the tower. The tower then began to glow and rise out of the mountain on which it rested on.
“Lina, why?” Xellos asked, pulling himself up.
“This isn’t happening,” Zelgadis muttered as they saw the tower reveal itself to actually be a part of a much larger structure.
“What in L-sama’s name is that?!” Firia asked.
“Magnificent isn’t it?” replied an all too familiar voice.
“No way,” Nall said recognizing the speaker.
“Behold the forgotten fortress of L-sama!”
“We killed you, you sick *bleep*!” Valgarv shouted, also recognizing the voice.
When the sky finally cleared, there stood Rezo next to Lina who was clinging to him, smiling evilly.
“Rezo!” Xellos yelled in surprise, “But how?!”
“Ever hear of clones, dragon boy?” the purple haired man spat back, smirking. “You can beat me as many times you wish, but you’ll never defeat me.”
“What the have you done to her you *bleep*ing *bleep*!!!!” Valgarv demanded.
“Why haven’t you figured it out yet? Lina never existed,” Rezo replied, laughing.
“What do you mean Lina never existed?” Nall asked.
“Your precious ‘Lina’ is actually L-sama herself in a mortal form. Now that she’s regained her true self, she and I shall rule the world together!” The Magic Emperor cackled maniacally.
“Lina is really L-sama?!” Firia said in shock. “Uso yo (It’s a lie)!!! What have you been smoking, pal?!”
“Oh it’s perfectly true my dear,” Rezo replied, enjoying himself immensely. “Why don’t you ask her yourselves if you don’t believe me.” He then turned to the blonde hanging on his arm. “Care to say hello L-sama dear?”
The reborn dark goddess smiled. “I warned you not to interfere. Now you will have to pay for your disobedience.” She began chanting another spell.
“Allow me, dear L-sama,” Rezo said placing a hand on her raised arm, “You have only regained your power and are at not full strength. Why waste it on such vermin as these?” She nodded and lowered her arm, canceling the spell.
Rezo shot a huge beam of purple light at them. The group was out cold before they even knew what hit them. Laughing triumphantly, Rezo and L-sama flew toward the goddess’s fortress as the Grindery began to fall apart around the fallen heroes.

Whoo! Another doozy of a cliffhanger, ne minna?

Amelia: Sakura-san, why did you make Ms. Lina be so mean? ;_;

Sakura: Don’t blame me Ame-chan, blame the script.

Lina: Well it’s about freaking time you got back to me! But do I have to dress like Na-

Zel, Val, and Ame: Don’t say that name!!!!!!!!!

Sakura: Anyway there should only be one more chapter left to do. Yay!!!!!!!! I’m almost done this monster. Didn’t think I’d kill off the three hottest bishies in the Slayers universe did you?

Zelgadis: Death would be preferable to the torture you put us through.

Sakura: Two words Zelly – Rabid Fangirls.

Zel: I’ll shut up now.

Gourry: Gee, Lina how come you never told us you were L-sama?

Lina: I’m not Jellyfish brains!!! It’s just a story!!!!

Sakura: I thought I got rid of you blondie.

Gourry: Got rid of who? Um… have we met?

Sakura: Oh Naga-chan! I’ll give you tons of money if you get rid of –

Naga: OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO! Money?!! Where?!!!!! (sees Gourry) Ooooh we’re a handsome one aren’t we?

Gourry: (blushing) You mean me right?

Sakura: He’s all yours Naga-chan.

Naga: Why thank you Sakura dear. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!! Come along you great big hunk of a man you!

Sakura: Good riddance.

KaizerKen: Masterfully done, Sakura-chan.

Sakura: Why thank you Ken-chan! I’ve got a great teacher. ^_- Anyhoo, please drop me a line and tell me whatcha think ‘k? Jya ne!