Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Unstoppable Memory ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Than Rivals

By Crysallic Star

Disclaimer: Don't own any characters.

/..../ Yugi talking to Yami.

Chapter 9: Unstoppable Memory

Thunder crashed outside, the rain tapping against the window. It was dark in this room, a room with not light, but it was filled with tons of stuff. It could've been the attic, well it WAS the attic. It was dusty, filled with stuff, and it was on the third story of the house, the rather ancient house.

This was where Lina Inverse was, hugging her knees to her chest. She felt empty, lonely, and just plain sad. The downright opposite of happy.She was dressed in only in her school uniform. Her chin rested on her knees, her eyes glassy, almost like she wanted to cry at any moment, but couldn't. She just couldn't, that would be weak! But she was shivering, it was SO cold and drafty in the attic.

Yami, was hiding behind the door in the dark hallway, watching her with sympathy. He had no idea what had happened, he only remembered Lina getting hit, him holding her to him and then...then a bright flash of light....and now he was here, watching his worst rival, acting mopey and sad.

He noticed that he was wearing different clothes in this dark dream world. A dark cape and a dark school uniform, 'well...he thought...'It does suit me well...'

'She probably knows how I feel sometimes...when I'm alone....although she's never alone...she has lots of friends and that Zel guy is constantly with her...I have friends too...but I'm not that close with them as she with her's...' Yami thought. He closed the door slightly, hiding Lina from view.'But why is SHE sad? She can't be lonely...but this is her nightmare world...her dark dream world....'

Yami shook his head," This is HER problem..." He muttered

/Then why do you worry for her?/ A voice asked him.

" Spur of the moment...the moments were flashing by...mine and her's friends were getting hurt one-by-one...my emotions were mixed..." Yami tried to explain to himself.

/Go inside...See what's wrong! Save her from this dark dream world...you save her in reality as well!/

"What good would that do?!" Yami shouted to himself.

/You save her....you save yourself from this nightmare. Then you could save your friends! That's that dragon guy's weakness, someone who can stand up to their dark dreams! When you save her you could lead your normal life...well as normal as it could get anyway...GO INSIDE! TALK TO HER!/

Yami stumbled into the attic. A force had pushed him in, and he couldn't get who was that... But that sounded a lot like Yugi...he'll talk to Yugi when this was over.

Yami nervously, and timidly walked towards Lina, who hadn't even NOTICED his presence.

"Um...Inverse? Lina?" Yami called, a bit softly. She didn't even see or acted like she didn't. He shook her by the shoulders," Lina! Speak to me!"

Nothing.

"Come on Lina! What's wrong?"

Still Nothing.

"Lina! I'll help if something's bothering you or making you like this...PLEASE!" Yami's voice was getting desperate, but she did nor said nothing.

Yami growled in frusturation, she was acting difficult.

Nearby, Yami spotted a music box. It was an original, that meant it was carved and had elvish sort designs. Curious, he stood up and opened it.

The soft melody of the music box filled the room. Yami slightly relaxed while listening to its soothing tone and music. Shaking his head, he turned back to Lina. She was staring at him, like she didn't even know him.

"Who are you?" Lina asked, her voice cold.

Yami felt shocked, he WAS shocked.

"It's me! Yami! Your greatest rival since Naga!" Yami told her, kneeling down next to her.

Her eyes glared at him, he was shocked to see hate in them.

"That's right! The one who's constantly being the pain, annoyance and frusturation in my life! I've had enough of you! Why can't you just leave me alone? You've destroyed my family, my friends and ruined my life! What more damage can you do?!" Lina shouted, the hate in her eyes growing and pain her voice showing.

Yami stared at her blanking, trying to register what she had said into his brain," Destroyed your friends and family...what are you talking about? I'd never do that...even if I did hate you that much to do so..."

"SEE! You hate me and I hate you! Why don't you just go away!" Lina shouted desperately, starting to inch her way away from him.

"Lina...I never did anything to hurt you THAT bad...that wasn't even real! This is all a bad dream and you just have to wake up from it and everything will be alright." Yami tried to explain. He reached out her, but she just slapped his hands away.

"I don't believe you! This seems real enough to me! This is just some trick! Some trick to ruin my life even more!" Lina shouted.

Yami mentally counted to 10 until his anger subsided some. This was SO frusturating and it felt hopeless to even reason with her. She wasn't just going to say 'Sure, i believe you!' anytime soon. He'll just have to prove it to her.

"Listen...don't you remember anything that's happened? The dark dragon guy, Japan being taken over by some guy named Rinday?"

"What are you talking about?! Stop trying to brainwash me! I'm not going to fall for any of your tricks!" Lina put her hands over her ears and closed her eyes," I'm not listening to you!!"

"Lina!!" Yami shouted," You're being and acting very much like a kid!"

That shocked Lina. Lina glared," Don't you ever call me a kid ever again! I'm tired of being called a flat-chested little girl by you! You don't know anything about me!!"

"You're right! I don't know anything about you, but could at least try and be reasonable here?! I've heard some things from some of your friends about you...and you could be nothing BETTER then me! I'm probably the better on here! Now...if you could just listen to me...maybe some things will be cleared up or something...I-"

SLAP!

"Don't you dare say that! I don't even know what to see to you anymore!" Lina yelled at him.

Yami sat back a bit, Lina still glaring at him. He touched the spot where she had slapped him and growled.

"You don't understand...you're just being difficult..." Yami mumbled.

"What was that?!"

"Stop being difficult..." Yami muttered.

"Hmm?"

"I'm going through a lot more that I asked...."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm trying to free you from Rinday's grasp! He's probably feeding of the negative, hating emotions your giving that guy!" Yami said, grasping a firm hold on her wrists," Now you listen to me! I have had enough of this! You better listen!"

"Why should I?!" Lina yelled back.

For the first time, Yami saw that she was shivering. Yami's eyes softened and he let go of her wrists. He took of his black cape.

"What are you...?!" Before Lina could finish her sentence, Yami wrapped his cloak around her.

"Better?" Yami asked, more gently. Lina only nodded dumbly.

"Why did you do that?" Lina almost whispered.

"Well...you were shivering and I figured you were cold." Yami said. Lina bit her lip and looked down.

"Now listen...you may not beleive me...but I'm telling the truth!" Yami said.

Lina growled," And there you go again! Why do you keep saying that?!"

"Because! No reality can be THIS sad, and cold! This is just the work of nightmares!" Yami shouted.

For a long time, Lina said nothing, just stared at him angrily.

"Yes there can..." She finally said, a bit unsurely.

"But your life isn't! I'm not that evil! I have honor too you know."

Lina sighed and moved towards a pile of boxes and leaned her back against them," I hate it when somebody else is right..." She muttered.

Yami brightened a bit, and sat down next to her," Me too...."

For a long time, both of them said nothing, both lost in their own thoughts. The melody of the music box still playing, the rain still tapping agains the window, the wind still blowing around the house, and room still as dark.

Yami felt himself grow tired, and glanced at the clock. 12:50, no wonder... Yami yawned.

"So...no what? Should I really believe you, but I still have my doubts...." He heard Lina mutter next to him.

Yami smirked and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to him. She gave him a questioning glance and his smirk grew wider.

The moment was absolutely perfect for a kiss! ...Or that's what Yami started thinking. It would be absolutely romantic! Then Yami shook his head and coughed nervously while blushing. OH MAN!! Where had that come from?(Remember that Yami likes to watch Romeo and Juliet films....so....^_^;;)

He tensed when Lina put her head on his shoulder," Well...my heart's telling me to believe you...you don't seem like the Yami whose my Rival...more like Yami whose...my...*yawn* friend..."

Yami smiled to himself, he had reached her and it was all thanks to his new styling cape and this perfectly cold attic. Now nothing could take his new-found friend away from him! NOTHING!! Unconsciosly, he held Lina tighter and closer to him.

"Yami?"

"Yeah?"

"You're hurting me..."

"..............oh*blushblush*......sorry...."

~~~~~~~

The sun was shining through the attic window. The clouds were still dark, but it was morning. Birds were chirping and that such....

...and Lina and Yami was still in the attic, asleep. Yami had an arm wrapped around Lina and Lina's head was resting on his shoulder.

Yami yawned and tried to rub the sleep from his eyes. But found that he was still holding Lina in his arms....

Yami started cursing. He thought if he could convince Lina to be on his side, everything would be over and they could get back home but...

//YUGI!!!// Yami mentallycalled.

/Where?! Oh...hehe...that's me....what's up big bro...convince her yet?/ He heard Yugi's voice.

//You said that the dark dragon dude would be defeated if I could convince Lina and help her overcome her problem....//

/I said that was his WEAKNESS...I didn't say anything that you would defeat him when you convince her. If you get her on your side and go up against the evil dark dragon dude in this dark dream then everybody will be free and we would all wake up and find ourselves back home...and it will be happily ever after./

//How do you know all that?//

/That evil guy has all of the rest of us trapped in a big bird cage with his pet parrot Crackers over a lava pit. And he's watching Lina and you on this big compture screen, and he's just babbling his big plan and secrets out...what a dumb-/

//Watch your mouth nii-chan!//

/....I was going to say idiot..../

//I thought you were going to say a-//

/lalalalalalala!! I can't here you! LALALALALALALALA!!/

//*sweatdrop* SO.....and he can't read our thoughts too?//

/huh?! OH! YEP!! But he's thinking of getting Lina on his side again, you better have a good explanantion when she wakes up.../

//yeah yeah....I know....//

/And NO kissing to convince her either. Zel's in this cage and he's fuming that you've got your arm around her. He's saying if you touch her again, he'll KILL you when he's sees you! if you kiss her, Zel will probably get A LOT more angry then he is now...he'll try to kill me too! OR if she surprisingly kisses back...poor Mister Zelgadis will have his heart broken and we don't want a crybaby in here.../

//O.O....Just what ARE you doing in that cage?//

/We're playing spin-the-bottle and truth or dare to pass the time!^_^ /

//WHAT?!//

/Don't worry, we're not doing what you think. Jounouchi got dared to yell 'PLEASE KILL THE EVIL WRITER'S BLOCK OF EVIL!!! to the evil dark dragon guy dude! And Shizuka got dared to yell 'BARNEY IS REAL AND LIVES ON THIS PLANET!!. Basically, we yell what we hate to the evil bad dragon dude guy.../

/Got to go...I just go dared to yell 'SAVE THE PEAS, BUT DESTROY THE PUMPKINS!! THEY'RE THE REAL EVIL!!!' to the evil bad dark dragon guy!/

Yami sighed. They were having fun and he was stuck with Miss-stuck-up! NO FAIR!!

A:N Have to end it there...EVIL EVIL WRITERS BLOCK!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!