Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Beginning of Battles ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Than Rivals

By Crystallic Star

Disclaimer: Go to the first chapter.

A:N Finally! I finally got a chance to update! Yay me!! This chapter is short, so I put up TWO chapters. Chapters 8 AND 9!!!

Chapter 8: Beginning of Battles

Yami blinked. Blinked again and then even blinked some more.

"Well, well. Isn't this a surprise?"

They all turned to see a man wearing nothing but grey robes. He had grey hair and eyes and palish skin.

"Who are you?" Zel demanded.

"Me? I am the dragon that started all this. I am Rinaday."

"Rinaday?! The purple dragon?" Lina asked.

"Purple dragon? But you're grey..." Filia pointed out.

"Shut up! I didn't have a choice!" Rinday yelled," Anyway, I have to get rid of you and complete my plan of world domination! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"PLEASE!!!" Lina yelled," Think of something more original!"

A cold wind started to pick up as everything started to get darker.

"I can't see anything!" Jou yelled.

"Neither can the rest of us!" Everyone yelled back.

"I'll have to just get rid of all of you!" Rinaday yelled and aimed at Yugi and Shizuka. They let out a scream before disappearing.

"No! Yugi!"

"Shizuka!"

Yami and Jou stared at the place where their siblings once stood.

"What have you done to them?" Sylphiel demanded, suddenly going bold.

"Don't worry. I just put them in their ngihtmare dream world." Rinaday said casually.

Next, Rinday pointed his hand at Zel and fired. Zel fell back and disappeared as well.

"No no no no no NO! ZEL! ZEL!" Lina ran and fell to her knees where Zel once stood,"...can't be. It can't be....he can't be! HE JUST CAN'T BE!"

Yami watched her, sympathy and concern etched in his face. He started to walk towards her.

"Lina." He breathed and stood by her.

"You monster!" Filia cried and started to transform.

"No you don't." Rinday said and aimed at her as well.

"Filia!" Xellos cried and jumped between them and took the shot. Filia gasped as Xellos fell to the ground, hurt.

"No!" Filia ran over and held him. His body started to disappear.

"Don't worry....everything will turn out to be fine in the end." Xellos said, his face masking his pain.

"How do you know? How do you know if you're going to come back to me?" Filia asked.

"That is a secret." Were his last words.

Rinday aimed at Filia again, striking her. And he also aimed at Jou.

"Filia! Xellos!" Sylphiel cried and turned to Rinday and started to chant," Darkness beyond twilight..."

"Lina, get up! Your friends need your help! " Yami yelled dropping to his knees next to her.

Sylphiel's scream brought Lina back to reality.

"Only two left now. I'm getting bored at sending everyone to their nightmare world. The next to go will be sent to my special nightmare land. As being a purple dragon, I can feed of your emotions in this land." Rinday said.

Lina growled," I won't forgive you."

"Nani?" Yami asked. Lina stood up and turned towards Rinaday with a determined face," I won't forgive you for this!"

She started to walk towards him while chanting.

He smirked," You're next."

"NO LINA!" Yami abruptly stood up and raced towards her, but couldn't reach her. She had set up a barrier around herself. He pounded away on it," LINA STOP! Don't!"

"Bye-bye!" Rinaday said and fired a black energy ball at Lina. It went through the barrier and at a startled Lina, striking her in the stomache. She collapsed.

"LINA!!!" Yami cried, breaking through the barrier and running to her aid. He knelt down and took her in his arms," You can't go! You just can't!"

"Yami....why? Why do you care?" Lina breathed before her eyes closed.

"NO! You can't!" Yami shook her, but she didn't open her eyes again. Yami hugged her to him. Yami took one of her hands in his, she had told him she loved him right before this.Had she meant it? No! She couldn't have! She worried over Zel when he dissappeared that it looked like she was in emotional distress! But why DOES he care? He had held her hands while she told him she loved him, but did she mean it?

"Lina..." He said with his eyes closed shut. Suddenly he felt himself being wrapped in a warm light and opened his eyes. They were glowing!

Suddenly, their was a bright flash and he knew no more...

~~~~