Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Keeper of Souls ❯ Reuniting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Slayers, okay? (Although I do have two of the handsome guys locked up in my basement…)

A/N: Wai! I'm glad someone took a look at this one, now I'm daring to continue!

As for the main character, she isn't the same person as with Honto no Koi, unless you really wanted me to tie that in…or something…which would totally force me to rethink Honto no Koi and this…so I won't. They are different.

Anyways, looking forward to this chapter…hope you are too!

Part 2: Reuniting

One Millennium Later:

"Okay, let's see if you can hit me now…and don't think of running away on this, I've been searching for you for some time now!" I said teasingly at Xellos's angry look.

"I'm going to get you this time, I'm not the same I was years ago!" he said and prepared to strike. To slow, I managed not only to block him but I got him in a headlock.

"Not so tough now, are you Xellos?" I asked. Truth is, I was searching for him to enforce our arrangement. It was high time we married; I think I left him enough years alone to see the world and cause mischief.

"Get off of me!" he yelled and I got up and moved a few steps away.

"Still can't take it I'm more powerful than you are?" I asked him as he brushed himself off.

"You know, you were a lot nicer when you were a little kid!" he said.

"My dear Xellos, I'm the same as I was before!" I said and quieted for a minute. Something was coming…something was…

"Stop picking on the weak! Justice will strike down the wicked and you will be severely punished!" a young voice cried out and I looked around, as did Xellos to see a young woman up in a tree, staring down at me with a look of, was that hatred?

"Well come down and we'll see who gets punished!" I challenged and Xellos looked over at me with recognition in his eyes, "What? You know who this girl is?"

"I think that's Miss Amelia!" he said but before he could say anything else I heard this scream and a thud and the girl that had been in the tree had landed on the ground, flat on her face.

"Miss Amelia?" Xellos asked.

"You know this person?" I asked peevishly, "How?"
"We traveled together for a time," he said with a wolfish grin. Nothing good would come of this, would it?

"Alright, now you, the wicked shall fall to my unyielding search for justice!" the girl called out and I saw she was now standing, but a few feet back.

"Little girl, don't you search for truth instead of justice? If you don't have truth with justice, then you could be fighting for a blind cause…" I said with a smile of my own to go with me. Okay, so I wore my pride on my sleeve…

"Flare…ARROW!" she cried and I dodged out of the way of the arrows easily enough.

"Miss Amelia?" Xellos asked and Amelia stopped short of casting another spell.

"Mr. Xellos?" she asked, looking slightly dumbfounded.

"Oh, so you two do know each other…I hope it isn't something romantic," I said, coming closer to Xellos, "Because you are mine…"

"Shut up Catsuya!" he said, "Miss Amelia, what brings you here?"

"I heard someone yelling and I assumed they must be in trouble!" she said, looking slightly embarrassed, "Are you in trouble?" She looked genuinely concerned to me. Xellos decided to put on a big act, just to tick me off.

"Miss Amelia, thank you so much! I am in trouble! This terrible woman here is making me suffer!" he said, "You have to save me from her!"

"If she's making you suffer and you actually feel pain then I say we become her cheering section…" a gruff voice replied and I looked to see three other people walking up towards Amelia.

"Amelia, we almost couldn't catch up to you," one of them said, "Why'd you have to run so fast?" One of them, the woman who had just spoken was about my height, slightly shorter with brown hair and non-existent breasts. The one standing next to her was wearing blue armor, he looked like a swordsman. Finally I came to the last guy, the one who had just commented about becoming a cheering section; he had blue hair and rocky skin and tan clothing. All three of them looked young; although the one called Amelia looked the youngest of all.

"Zel, don't be cruel!" Xellos said and looked back at me, "This woman is being so mean!"

"Yes, I'm being mean and you're acting like a child Xellos," I stated simply, "On the other hand, who are you?"

"Who are you?" the brown haired woman asked and I smiled at her.

"I asked first…" I said.

"And what were you doing with Amelia?" the one Xellos had called Zel asked.

"Nothing," I replied, "She was just making assumptions and decided to butt in on my business!"

"She was hurting me!" Xellos complained.

"That excuse wore off when you were a child…" I said and glared at him, "Now, who are all of you?" The young brown haired woman decided it best to take over the conversation, because she held out a hand to silence the one named Zel and then offered it to me.

"My name is Lina Inverse, the one next to me is Gourry Gabriev and the one next to him is Zelgadis Graywords. I think you've already met Amelia," she said politely, "Now who are you?"

"Catsuya Nûluêth Ryu," I said, taking the offered hand.

"Catsuya, that's an interesting name…" Lina said, "And I can't even begin to try to pronounce your middle name!"

"Then don't…" I said softly.

"How come you can beat up on Xellos? You must be pretty strong or he really allows you to…" Lina said, "I mean…him…"

"He is weaker than I am. He might be the most powerful Mazoku around but I am something more than that…" I said, "And that is all I'll tell you."

"Why?" Lina asked, taking a step closer to me.

"I'm keeping it…it's a Se-cr-et!" I said and Lina's mouth dropped open.

"So that's where you get it from!" Zelgadis exclaimed, "Why you little…"

"Now, now, calm down…" Xellos said and actually teleported behind me, "Don't go making her mad if I get hurt…"

"You are such a conundrum," I muttered and back kicked him in the stomach, "And don't go looking to me for protection. I haven't seen you in a lot of years and if you got yourself into trouble that's your own fault!"

"But…" he muttered as he let out an involuntary his of pain. I was wearing spiked shoes for the moment so that back kick must've hurt him more than I intended. I turned to face him.

"But nothing," I said, "You may think your loyalties lie elsewhere but you were promised to me and I'm stronger than your lord." I said this only as a whisper, something I knew only he could hear.

"…" Xellos said nothing.

"You know this and still you refuse the inevitable. You are mine…" I said and then turned back to face the group of his `friends' or `acquaintances' whichever he referred to them as.

"So anyways…what is your business with Xellos?" Lina asked me and I smiled widely.

"Xellos is mine," I said, "He's my fiancé!"

"Huh?" Everyone asked, and Amelia blurted out, "You've got to be kidding!"

"No, many years ago an arrangement was reached, Xellos was promised to me," I said simply, "Xellos is mine…"

"I don't know who to pity more…" Zelgadis said with a half smile, "the Mazoku or the one who he was promised to…"

"You hardly know me and you make assumptions?" I asked him and his half smile faded.

"Uh…no?" he said quickly.

"I am more powerful than he is so your only safe assumption is that I am not one to be messed with!" I said.

"That is true," Xellos said.

"Furthermore, I'm not big on jokes," I continued.

"That is not true," Xellos said.

"And I'm much smarter than Xellos is," I finished.

"That isn't true either…where do you get these assumptions?" Xellos asked, trying to become bold, "I'm older than you are…"

"By two years," I said.

"And I've traveled more and seen more than you have," he continued.

"That could be true and yet it could not be true. I see a lot with my line of work…" I continued.

"What is your line of work?" Amelia asked but I ignored her.

"And you still act like a child. At least I grew up!" he exclaimed and I moved close to him and was only a breath away when I smiled.

"Who's to say I haven't either? I always did love acting," I said and then kissed him on the cheek before he could protest, "It's good to know you're still as arrogant as ever!"

"Why's that a good thing?" Zelgadis asked.

"What's going on?" Gourry asked but I ignored them both.

"I'm…not arrogant!" Xellos said defensively, "And don't kiss me again!"

"I've been hearing a lot from my sources about what you've been doing in the past years," I said and then lowered my voice to a whisper, one that only he could hear again, "And I was called on to clean up some of the messes you made Little Xellos…"

"Shut up!" he said, looking about ready to loose his temper.

"I don't care for your master," I said, "You've known that forever. Your master knows that as well… Don't make me mad…"

"You wouldn't harm the one you wish to call husband…" he said, a faint grin returning to his face but it faded as I glared at him.

"I would…" I said even softer than ever and he froze with fear as he realized the truth that was behind those words. My duties were many and being called to clean up after him after he had killed someone was very tiresome.

"…" Xellos remained silent and backed away a few steps, "I just have to… I'll be back later!" He said this mostly to the group of people behind us, and I turned to see the most confused faces on everyone there. I let out a sigh and smiled.

"Uh…" Amelia began but Zelgadis clamped a hand over her mouth. Xellos looked at me again and teleported out of the area. I knew where he was going; I didn't want to follow him though. He had this special place he had forged over the years, a place where he could find peace and quiet, or cause some mischief to the nearby towns and villages. I wasn't worried he'd do anything for at least a week now. I knew my little speech wouldn't stop him from doing what he always did, but at least it would force him to be more careful. He was most likely afraid that I'd be coming to clean up after him when he was in the middle of one of his deeds and then he'd be forced to deal with me directly.

The forgotten souls of the Ryuzoku…collected by me and saved from damnation. I myself am a dragon, and more powerful than he is, which is why I believe is one reason why he fears me when I make my threats… My threats are never vain, which is why I suppose he has never tried to attack anyone from my clan… I can only wish that I didn't have to make them, but I deal with the nature of a Mazoku…and win… Xellos has yet to get the better of me…in love, magic or in war…

TBC

A/N: I hope that was an interesting enough chapter. Sorry if Xellos was a little OOC, but he's got to be a little bit in order to fit the description of fear towards Catsuya. Well? Let me know what you think, but any flames will be used to roast my marshmallows and feed those that like this story. Other than that, please review!