Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories ❯ Silent Call ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LOST MEMORIES          by lu-chan

This story is set six months after Slayers Try.

Attention: The Slayers series to which this fanfiction is inspired not belongs to me…so don't sue me!

Chapter 1 : Silent Call

 

Only dust... and shadows... and pain... and blood.

Not his blood. Even if he had poured some as well as, like everyone. Not, was another blood that tormented him, that one of who had promised to protect for the rest of his wretch life.

Instead he had not been able to make anything, just watching while the love of his life fought also for him.

As it had been depressed the expression of the monster, once understood to have smashed a myth that seemed invincible, depressed nearly how much his. Nearly that he loved her with the same strenght?

This the sound of a fable that is broken off? smashed bones sound, heart and spirit?

From where he was laying could just see her with the tail of the eye, stretched out and immovable, while the wind made to fluctuate a few red hair that weren't bridle from the blood.

He felt his companions moving, speaking. A part of his mind told that he would have been happy that they were well. The heart screamed that there were them laying in front of him, wanted that they were to her place. Finding strenghts that neither himself thought to possess he replaced his body in feet baring the teeth from the pain like a dog and he went to her, or better to what was remained, hoping that something was still.

The body was reversed to the ground in one too much unnatural position for being comfortable, covered of mud and blood, with hair to cover her face as a veil. He turned her on with all the care which he was able praying the gods which he didn't even remember the name that she was still alive. Her breath, nearly nonexistent wanted an eternity to be perceived, while cleaning up her pale face, than however had not lost its natural beauty. From the bottom of his mind he heared his friends' voices, that using the remained powers were trying to heal her.

And while the light of their magic illuminated their faces he called his memory to remember, and it responded to him as always even if it did only in the important moments. He saw her in the forest, encircled from the bandits, then saw her saying to not have need of a bodyguard, saw her laughing in front of Shabranigdo, saw her through his crystal prison defying Phibrizzo, saw her while  choosing Dark Star not to irritate the sister........then he saw her, like little before, launch herself against Xellos in a last desperate attack in order to save her friends, watching the devil in the eyes while he hit her.

The light faded, his exausted friends collapsing to the ground. The young princess in tears fixed Lina calling her by name, the chimera in hush drowned in a world of regrets. Then the eyes hoped to see slowly opened, just to half, while the lips  moved to form a word that did not have sound, but that was surely his name.

He cried like a child. For her. Because in spite of everything it was his name that she called, he cried because the gods had pleased him.

 

But the gods aren't so merciful. Only that he still didn't know it.