Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories ❯ Picture of a myth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LOST MEMORIES          by lu-chan

This story is set six months after Slayers Try.

Attention: The Slayers series to which this fanfiction is inspired not belongs to me…so don't sue me!

Chapter 2 : Picture of a Myth

 

The Trickster Priest was restless. He was deeply dejected, but it didn't have sense, since he was hardly successful in which two Dark Lords had even failed: to defeat Lina Inverse.

He didn't want to return in the astral plain, neither going to his mistress, ignoring therefore her calls. It was like if he didn't want to abandon that world, where were consumed the ephemeral passions of mortals.

LoN felt a profound love for the human beings that had created, observing their lives, the wars, siding once to one or to the other faction, She was amused creating always new obstacles in order to study their reactions, like of some animals from laboratory.

He hadn't never shared this attitude, considering those poor creatures only a source of nourishment and nothing more. He never had relashionships with humans, although he has been in their world by now from more than a millenium. He had amused himself, of course, taking advantage of them the ways his powerful mind sometimes suggested him, but he had never felt more than fleeting interest.

Until when he did receive the mission that would have changed his vision of the things.

He still perfectly remembered the day in which the task was assigned to him: watching a small group of humans who were revealing themselves really annoying for the monster race. Zelas above all put him in guard to one of them, the one who seemed to possess incredible powers, commanding to never lose her of sight.

And therefore he did it. He had found and observed her for days before introducing himself personally. He had seen her in battle,  observing (enjoying himself very much) while she repeatedly beat on that fool of a swordsman who however strangely hadn't still leave her. He had seen her playing with the other people's life smiling in face of Death, becoming even stronger.

For the first time since when he knew human beings he felt the desire to understand them, their way to think, their illogical behavior, it had been the vicinity of that girl to change him?

Then after years of watching that order had arrived. Dead. This wanted his mrs.... it left him abashed, why killing the human to which LoN seemed so attached? it had been Her to order it?

But he wasn't allowed to question. Therefore he took advantage of the reunion of the group six months after Dark Star, because if just had to kill he wanted that the fight was loyal, there wouldn't have been glory in making it in a alley or during the slumber. A battle of such intensity had to be remembered in the centuries to come like the end of the greatest sorceress of all the times.

And therefore it had been. Great, powerful and beautiful, she fought against him with all her soul, her ruby eyes reflecting the dazzling light of magic, hair to the wind like uncontrollable flames. When she launch herself against him with the last strenghts in a terrifying final attack, the energy of the Laguna Blade making her eyes shining like the sun, he nearly wished of being struck, to die by her hand.

But then a vision hit him. There was an old and dying Lina, slave of the diseases and Time, her glory long forgotten. He couldn't leave her to that destiny of oblivion and misery, not her.

Therefore he had hit, with violence, satiating himself of her pain and that of the companions, the scarlet blood covering the hands, those eyes still to fix him without fear. It nearly seemed to him seeing her smile while she fell to earth. Than he heard a woman's laugh, but it didn't belong to Lina.

It was an ancient laugh like the darkness was, the same voice that then ordered him to disappear although the task hadn't been completed yet . Lina Inverse would have fought against Death and would have won. He knew it (or he hoped it?).

 

Why SHE stopped him?