Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I do not own The Slayers or the song Secret… I'd Be A Whole Lot Richer If I Did Though!!!
Thanks for understanding you guys. You rock! (n-)
 
Anyway, I'm not really gonna make any sort of commitment to this one but it should be done within the next two week so joy! It will be my 2nd song-ficcie and my 1st completed multi-chapter fic!
 
Oh goodie! (nn)
 
Lemme know what you think! (n-)
 
 
Secret; Lyrics By Maroon 5: A six part song fiction in which, after TRY and then while on a new mission, both Xelloss and Filia consider themselves…
 
 
Car overheats …Jump out of my seat…
 
On the side of the highway, baby…
 
Our road is long…Your hold is strong…
 
Please don't ever let go, oh no…
 
 
“Miss Filia, Miss Lina is about to collapse from the strain of walking two miles without food!” Xelloss stated casually. “We simply must stop here and rest! The nearest inn isn't for another four miles!”
 
A year had passed since their defeat of Dark Star and true to his word Xelloss had shown back up at her doorstep. He had not been alone however, the moment he had informed Lord Beastmaster of his plan she had smirked from ear to ear. She had instantly seen the implications of what Xelloss' plan could do for the monster race and had ordered him to have it done before the first day of winter.
 
Xelloss sighed inwardly as he watched the amber and ruby leaves free themselves from their branches. Time was running out.
 
Filia looked down at the panting sorceress. It had been two weeks since Xelloss had shown up at her doorstep, Lina and the others in tow. They all muttered some quick words about needing food and shelter and barged in. As Lina and Gourry began tearing into her food stores, Amelia, Zelgadiss, and Xelloss explained that per Lord Beastmaster's wishes Xelloss was to help Zelgadiss find a cure that would allow him to change back and forth from chimera mode to human mode.
 
Apparently she must have figured him to be quite useless in battle otherwise and Filia could understand that. However, she also knew that could not be the only reason why Xelloss had shown up at her doorstep so… punctually. He wanted an answer, and yet she hadn't had one. So, every night they traveled together, he would catch her on her way to bed and ask the question yet again. She still had no answer.
 
She gazed at Lina helplessly and let out a sigh. “Your right Mr. Xelloss. Miss Lina, let's set up camp here for the night, okay?”
 
Lina nodded weakly and plopped down on the ground like a defeated sack of potatoes. Xelloss chuckled and pulled a large bag of food out of nowhere.
 
“Oh my!” He stated casually removing an entire feast from the sack while Lina remained motionless on the forest floor. “Why you do look hungry Miss Lina! Why don't you sit here and eat and Filia and I will go gather some fire wood?!”
 
At the smell of the delicious meal, Lina jumped up pleased with his logic, and began to rip into the feast. Gourry, Amelia, and Zelgadiss, who hadn't eaten since Filia's place, also joined in.
 
Xelloss cast a pleased smirk to slightly unraveled dragoness. “Shall we?!”
 
Filia gave a slow nod and followed him into the tree line. Once they were out of earshot from the others, who sounded not so unlike a hungry pack of wolves from where they stood, she turned on him. “Okay Mr. Xelloss! Just what are you trying to pull?!” She raised an accusing eyebrow at him. “You don't need wood to start a magical fire!!!”
 
Xelloss smirked at her. “Oh?! Hmm, well I suppose I must have some ulterior motive for getting you away from the others, then eh?!”
 
Filia's eyes widened and she gulped, backing away only to find a tree behind her. She gazed trembling back to his smug face.
 
“Pl-please don't do it…” She whispered pleadingly. She closed her eyes and turned her face to the side. “Please…”
 
“Do what?!” Xelloss asked arching an eyebrow, genuinely confused by the fear radiating off her in waves.
 
“Kill me!” Filia replied, her voice taking on a panicked tone. “Please Xelloss! I don't want…”
 
Her pleas were cut short as he burst out laughing. Filia opened her eyes and looked at him incredulously. “Just what's so funny?!”
 
“Oh my!” Tears were beginning to form in his eyes he was chuckling so hard. “Filia do you think for a single moment that you'd still be standing there if I wanted you dead?!”
 
“We-well you'd have to make sure I wasn't near the others!” Filia fumbled, unnerved by his continuing laughter. “So that Miss Lina wouldn't see you do it!”
 
Xelloss shook his head softly. His laughter died away but his mirth remained evident in his now open eyes. Filia shivered slightly, his eyes could make even amusement seem dark and conniving.
 
“Miss Filia!” He asked dryly. “Do you really think that I would feel it necessary to get you to come along on some quest simply to kill you?!” Xelloss closed his eyes and shook his head in mock sorrow. “My, my! How very time consuming the dragon races plans must be!”
 
“Then why have you brought me out here?” Filia asked suspicion seeping into her voice as she pushed herself up off the tree. Her path to move away had been craftily blocked by his body but with her suspicion bordering on fury; she failed to notice this as she advanced on him. “If not to kill me then what do you want?!”
 
“Eh?!” Xelloss asked surprised but not displeased with her infuriation. “Why Filia! I simply wished to speak with you in private!”
 
Filia's fury began boiling over as she clenched her fists and turned her head quickly from side to side, dismissing this reply. “No! Why have you brought me out here!!! On this quest?! What are your intentions with me?!”
 
“My intentions?!” He repeated holding a finger to his chin in feigned ignorance. “Why whatever intentions would those be?! Isn't it simply possible that I thought a dragon would be useful on such a quest as this?!”
 
“Possible? Yes. Probable? No.” Filia replied raising an accusing finger. “You're up to something Xelloss!”
 
“Hmm...” Xelloss reopened his eyes and gazed at the dragon maiden with dark appraisal. “I suppose I am. The question is, are you truly certain you want to know?”
 
Filia gulped but held her ground. She was becoming oddly more used to these little intimating chats and knew that as he had said, he needn't have invested this much effort if he was simply going to kill her.
 
“I think I could handle it…” She whispered. “I wouldn't have a choice in the matter anyway. It seems that even when I try to fight you I only succeed in becoming even more entangled in you and your Mistress' web…”
 
Xelloss approached her, eyes still open. “So you do. That known are you certain that knowing my plan won't even entangle you further?”
 
Filia gulped again and tried to back away only to find she couldn't. “I-I…don't know… I just… have to know… why…”
 
“Why?” Xelloss repeated arching an eyebrow as he closed in on his prey. The thrill of having his mission so close to being completed empowering him. The sweet fear, confusion, and always superseding curiosity radiating off of her in waves told him it wouldn't be long now. “Why what?”
 
“Why you…” Filia gasped in surprise and not just a touch of fear as she felt his gloved hand snake through her hair. She blinked up at him, his eyes showing her all she needed to know about his plans. He was a hunter, and she was his current prey. How or why this was so didn't matter all that mattered was what she was going to do about it.
 
Perfect... Xelloss thought darkly to himself as he bore his amethyst shards into her wide blue orbs. …She's all mine! Lord Beastmaster will be most ple…No!
 
Feeling the light yet demanding tug on her head as Xelloss drew it closer to him, Filia's mind snapped back to the reality of her situation and she did the only thing she could. She phased away, back to camp.
 
Xelloss let out a low growl of irritation and dropped his now empty hand to his side as he clenched his staff a little tighter in the other. “So close…”
 
 
Whew! Now that's suspense for you! A whole chapter that tells you nothing about Xelloss' true intentions or Filia's worst fear and yet has your heart racing the entire time!
 
-x- Rockdad shakes her head sadly -x-
 
Poor Filia, my muse has treated you cruel. (oo)
 
Anyway, I really could use a beta reader for my work as I tend to have quite a few grammatical errors I always seem to miss, lemme know if your interested, kk? (nn)