Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Part III ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I do not own The Slayers or the song Secret… I'd Be A Whole Lot Richer If I Did Though!!!
 
Oooh! More suspense and more hinting but no answers! Don't you love me?! (n-)
 
By the way this part has a definiteLime tint so read at your own risk!!!
 
Enjoy… (nn)
 
Secret; Lyrics By Maroon 5: A six part song fiction in which, after TRY and then while on a new mission, both Xelloss and Filia consider themselves…
 
 
 
I know I don't know you…
But I want you…
So bad…
 
Everyone has a secret…
Oh can they keep it?
 
Oh no… they can't…
 
 
The fire crackled, flickered, and danced on with reckless abandon as Filia and Xelloss sat side by side looking into it. Two weeks had passed since she had fled Xelloss' grasp. Two weeks had pass sense Xelloss' prey had unpredictably evaded him. As the full moon rose over head he decided it was time to make up for that.
 
“Filia…” Xelloss inquired opening his eyes dangerously and turning to his already vanquished enemy. She was starring lost into the blazing pyre, her blue orbs absorbing its powerful dance and reflecting it outward. She looked so lovely when she was ablaze, whether by his own doing or from such a calm past time as this. She was a creature capable of causing the most wondrous violence and destruction and he was truly pleased Lord Beastmaster had seen things his way.
 
“Filia.” He repeated again calmly. Tonight he would not fail, winter was almost here but it was more than that now, she had evaded him and that made her even more desirable. Yes, tonight he would succeed.
 
“Hmm?” She replied dazedly, tearing her eyes away from the fire to meet his gaze. “What is it, Xelloss?” She didn't flinch at his open eyes, she felt… secure. While she didn't know what he wanted from her, she did know that he needed her alive to claim it.
 
Xelloss smirked. So! The little dragon feels safe around me does she?! Hmm, I'll have to change that won't I?! Otherwise things might get boring!
 
“Do you have your answer for me yet?” Xelloss asked with an almost dangerous calm.
 
“My answer?” Filia repeated shivering slightly despite her best attempts.
 
“To my question…” He reminded her casually, poking at the fire with a stick before releasing it. He snapped his gaze back to hers and let the fire consume the thin rod. “You've had more than enough time to find it.”
 
Filia gulped gazing into his sharp hunters eyes. Oh yes she had found it, but a being with those eyes and a wolf's instincts was the last one she desired to know it.
 
“Yes…” She replied slowly as the wind blew up lightly causing the flames to flicker as the small gust blew some leaves into it. She felt one land in her hair but she paid it no mind keeping her hunter's gaze. “I have…”
 
“And?” He prodded leaning forward and retrieving the leaf from her hair.
 
Filia gulped slightly. He was so close it was dangerous. Not that she was afraid of him but rather the way his touch was affecting her. Xelloss felt her feelings and casually flicked the leaf aside as he slid his hand down to stroke her cheek.
 
“And?” He repeated intertwining his fingers into her hair as he continued to stroke her face and stoke her nerves. “What is it Filia, what is your greatest fear?”
 
Filia gulped again. She wanted to pull away; she knew that whatever this was, it was only a ploy of some sort. She didn't know to what end, she couldn't comprehend it. She didn't know him or his reasons well enough to venture a guess, but she knew enough to know that she was in a very dangerous position.
 
Xelloss narrowed his eyes as he tasted the conflicting emotions raising up in her. This would not do, not for Lord Beastmaster's desires or his own. He wanted to finish this, to capture his prey in a way that would be undeniable and irrefutable. He wanted her.
 
Filia let out a small gasp, her eyes flying wide then closing on their own accord as she felt his lips on her neck. His fingers pulled tighter into her hair and she gasped again in a combination of pain, pleasure, and fear. NOOOO!!! This is XELLOSS!!! Don't fall for this, he can not and will not love you! Fight him!!!
 
“Tell me your answer Filia…” He mumbled against her neck. “If you don't, things could go very badly for us…”
 
“M-My…” Filia closed her eyes forcing herself to focus on reality and not the marks he was leaving on her body, as well as her soul. “M-My greatest fear… is…”
 
“Yes?” He asked grudgingly pulling away from tormenting her to check her eyes to see if they were honest. “Your greatest fear is?”
 
“My greatest fear is…” She looked down at her hands as they wrung her dress. “A secret…”
 
With that Filia phased off, leaving Xelloss to blink at the spot on the log next to him which she had occupied just a moment earlier before clenching his staff tighter and phasing off into the forest after her.
 
“Right! Well that just won't do…”