Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Part IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I do not own The Slayers or the song Secret… I'd Be A Whole Lot Richer If I Did Though!!!
 
Hmm, once again, suspense and more hinting but no answers… I'm picking up on a theme here…
 
This part also has a definiteLime tint so read at your own risk!!!
 
Lemme know what you think! (nn)
 
Secret; Lyrics By Maroon 5: A six part song fiction in which, after TRY and then while on a new mission, both Xelloss and Filia consider themselves…
 
 
 
I'm driving fast now… Don't think I know how…
To go slow…
 
Where you at now… I feel around…
There you are…
 
Cool these engines… Calm these jets…
I ask you… “How hot can get?”
 
And as you wipe off beads of sweat…
Slowly you say… “I'm not there yet…”
 
Filia ran through the foliage, she didn't know where she was going or even if she was still being pursued, she only knew that she didn't want to be caught. She knew this because deep down she did and that scared her more than anything.
 
She ran faster…
 
“Oh my! Do you really think you can evade me Miss Filia?!” Xelloss' voice echoed out from the canopy above her. “How very foolish.”
 
Filia let out a furious cry and slipped over a tree root sticking out from the earth. She gasped in pain holding her ankle, it was broken. No choice she'd have to stop running and heal it.
 
She could feel his dark aura out there, shrouding her as the white holy light poured from her hands and mended the break. It was no use running she couldn't evade him. In the end he would have caught her anyway, no one could avoid a fate they secretly desired and she knew it. Perhaps it was better this way, I mean she couldn't be held accountable for this little slip up now could she? Yes, this would do just…
 
Filia's thoughts were cut off as she gasped aloud as a pair of thin yet deceivingly strong arms captured her from behind. “See now?!” He whispered nuzzling into her hair. He was wild from the thrill of her fear, rage, and yet burning desire, but most of all the rush of chasing ones prey. “You should know you can't evade me of all monsters! You do recall the War of the Monsters Fall, don't you?! Thousands fell at my hand, do you honestly think one little Gold could escape my reach?!”
 
He nuzzled into her hair further, nearly choking on the emotions ambushing him in waves and the power he now held over her. “Especially one I want so much more…”
 
Filia gulped leaning her head back against his shoulder to see his face. “Xelloss…”
 
Wild hunter's eyes gazed back at her, causing her knees to feel slightly weak how could she resist him when the time came? What if that time was now?
 
“You evaded my question Filia…” He whispered his nose touching hers. “I want an answer…”
 
This brought Filia back to reality. “No!!!” She replied phasing out of his grasp and glaring at him from atop a nearby tree stump. “Absolutely not!”
 
“No?!” He repeated blinking at her incredulously. “What do you mean, no?!!!”
 
“I mean!” She relied haughtily as she pointed an accusing finger at him. “I gave you the same answer you gave me!!!”
 
She stuck her nose in the air. “Answer my question first before you get all snooty about me not answering yours!”
 
“Snooty?!” Xelloss replied twitching furiously also throwing his nose into the air. “I most certainly am not being snooty!”
 
“Oh please!” Filia sneered advancing on him. “Not only did you not answer the most important question I asked but you also evaded one before it!”
 
“Your time was up!” Xelloss argued furiously, also closing the distance between them in a rage. “Besides a little Gold like you should be pleased I even gave you the right to merely ask me questions!”
 
“Well excuse me for finding you antics interesting enough I wished to figure them out!” Filia retorted clenching her fists and stopped approaching now that she was nose to nose with him. She vaguely noticed this in her rage. “I don't understand you!!! I don't even really know you!”
 
“I'M THE MYSTERIOUS PREIST!!!” Xelloss bellowed. “YOUR NOT SUPPOSED KNOW ME!!!”
 
“I know…” Filia replied softly. “But I wanted too…”
 
Xelloss cooled at this but held he ground. “My time is very valuable you know!”
 
Filia looked down from his glare and nodded. “I know…”
 
Xelloss' gaze narrowed. “I can't just go around giving it away for free…”
 
Filia looked back up at him resolute. “I know… but my answer is still the same.”
 
Xelloss glared at her. “Oh dear, Miss Filia! Do you really…”
 
Xelloss found his hollow threat cut short as a pair of soft warm lips closed over his. His already open eyes widened then closed as he wrapped his arms tighter around her all the desires his anger had quelled resurfacing in that one moment. Yes, tonight was the night he would complete his mission. Now to take back control…
 
Filia gasped as she felt his tongue slip into her mouth. Nice though it was it reminded her just what her reality was. Panting she pulled away from him.
 
“I-I… can't do this…” Filia whispered weakly wiping the perspiration from her forehead. “If you want me… I know it can be for no good…”
 
Xelloss said nothing but quietly calmed his nerves and waited top see how this would pan out.
 
Filia looked up at him resolute. “I don't know what your planning and I'm probably safer that way. But if you want me, you'll have to wait till I'm ready to answer your question…” She held his gaze meaningfully. “I am certain you understand what that entails n your part.”
 
That said she phased away into the night and Xelloss let out a mournful and shaky breath. “So close…”