Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

[Hey, fan fiction readers, R. Cybelle Gil here!! Sorry, but after seeing all there was to see of Slayers I had to write a fan fiction hooking the bunch of bums up! They severely needed some more romance in that anime… So I gave it to them! (Smiles evilly with starry eyes *_* tee hee…) I hooked up people that need to be hooked up badly, made up a couple of characters, reintroduced old and minor characters, included some never-before-seen-but-heard-of characters, tossed in a bunch of surprises that will twist your brain and make you do double takes on your computer screen! Prepare yourselves for a hell of a tale full of laughs, adventure and romance! Ahahahahaha! I have really out done myself in this and I'm so pleased with myself! <pats self on back> I even came up with an opening sequence for this story! (I know I'm nuts and there's not really anything you can see, but just listen to the opening sequence of Slayers Next and then just imagine what it would be after the end of my story. Yep, you'd have to include all the new characters!) I think anyone who's anyone that loved Slayers would love this! Even if it is more general than some of the other fan fictions I've read, but hey! If I'm hooking up everybody you can't put too much detail. Then it would be a book! J By the way… BEWARE! There's a bit of hot stuff in this story…if you know what I mean ^_~ …Uh…wait a minute… ^____^ sorry… There's a LOT of hot stuff in this story so be warned! Enjoy my story, because I sure as hell did! ^_^]

Slayers Finally!

The Beginning of the End

PROLOGUE

The great Lina Inverse gave a huge sigh as she leaned back against the tree, her red eyes gazing into the fire she and Gourry had just built. It had been years since Valgaav…and everything else that had happened. Years since the whole group had gotten together. She and Gourry had continued to just wander about looking for cash and odd jobs and delicious food, occasionally running into Zelgadis who was still searching for the spell to cure himself.

They'd passed by Saillune a couple of times to visit Amelia who had grown up to be still just as perky but more mature and not so pathetically hung up on the justice thing. She still was… but it wasn't as bad as it had been. She had grown up into a wonderful young woman. They'd come across Filia once or twice, but hadn't seen nor heard from her for about three years. And every time they passed by Sairaag they visited Sylphiel. Xellos they hadn't come across at all during the five years the group had been separated.

Lina was getting annoyed. After five years she wanted everyone to get together; to see how they were all doing at once; to reminisce as a group about the adventures they'd had together. Lina sighed again. She just had to admit it to herself. She missed all her friends. Gourry was company, but it wasn't the same as seeing everyone again. It was tough keeping in touch with them and she really did want to see them.

She turned to Gourry and smiled at him. He was paying more attention to the fish they were frying but she didn't really mind. Gourry was like that. Even when he wasn't paying attention, he could sense her moods. After five years, it wasn't that big of a surprise. Lina blushed slightly as she looked at him. Five years and they still hadn't progressed very far in their relationship. She was just way to shy to do the first move, but Gourry was too dumb to realize what he should do. In five years only a few innocent touches that had left them both blushing, a couple of tight moments that had Lina realizing that she actually wanted him and every time she looked at him she got butterflies in her stomach. Just like she was doing now.

And as if on cue, Gourry lifted his blonde head and looked at her. "What is it, Lina?"

She smiled at him, her blush still burning on her cheeks lightly. "Hey, Gourry, don't you miss everybody? Lately, it's been kind of dull and uneventful. We always had something to do when everyone was around."

Gourry lifted his head to the sky and then turned back to her with a grin. "Yup! I sure do miss everyone. We had some fun times…when we weren't saving the world or getting our butts kicked by some nasty demon god or something."

"Then why don't we have a reunion!" Lina cried excitedly as she jumped up from her seat.

"Reunion?"

Lina collapsed against the floor in deflation. She looked up at him beneath hooded eyes. "You don't know what a reunion is?"

Gourry seemed to consider the question for a moment. "I think I do remember hearing or seeing the word somewhere…but I can't really recall what it means right now."

Lina gave a longsuffering sigh. Well, that was Gourry. This was what she was most worried about. He probably couldn't make a move on her because he probably didn't even know what 'make a move means'. She smiled at him, tossing that wayward thought aside. "Gourry, a reunion is a get-together of family or friends so they can see each other again if they haven't seen each other in a while."

Suddenly his eyes widened and he slapped a fist into his open palm and gave a nod. Lina blinked in surprise at his reaction. "What is it?"

He turned to her with a grin. "So that was what all those letters I got at Sairaag were. Whenever we passed by Sylphiel would give me letters that had been sent to me. I was wondering who 'Reunion' was. Now I know it was probably my family trying to get in contact with me!"

Lina sighed and shook her head. His family? She figured they had gotten rid of him themselves because they couldn't take the stupidity he manifested. But if they were trying to see him again maybe they were just as dumb. She shook her head; no that was a mean thought. Gourry wasn't dumb…he was an airhead. A cute, sweet lovable airhead. There was a difference. His family was probably worried about him. "Never mind that, Gourry. Now we're going to do a reunion of our own!"

"We are?"

A vein snapped. Lina rushed over and clobbered Gourry over the head, sending him crashing to the floor. "You idiot! Why do you think we've been talking about reunions for?! I wanted to do one so we could see the gang again!"

"Oh."

Lina sighed again and collapsed next to him and leaned on him, unconsciously snuggling into him. Gourry just smiled and gave her cooked fish. Lina took it and blew on it, cooling it before she took a bite. She wondered were it would be possible to have a reunion like that…

"I know!" Lina shouted standing up.

Gourry blinked and looked up at her with a blank expression. "I know what?"

Lina grinned evilly and turned to him, fish in hand. "We'll have the reunion at the famous Hot Springs Resort in Mypros Island! We'll stay at the hotel, have great food whenever we want it, and great Hot Springs to relax in! That should put everyone into a good mood and there's plenty of space so we can all enjoy it!"

Gourry stared blankly at her grinning face for a beat and then blinked. "But who is going to pay for all of it, Lina?"

She waved her hand in nonchalance, dismissing Gourry's comment. "Oh, we'll figure that out once everyone's in a great mood!"

Gourry bowed his head in exasperation. He then looked back up at her with a strained smile on his face. "You'll never change, huh? Even after five years-"

Lina jumped him before he could finish and wrapped her arms around in neck in a stranglehold, her eyes blazing as she growled at him. "What's that supposed to mean?! I haven't expected you to change in five years! You're still dumber than dirt, jellyfish brains!"

Gourry sputtered and then grabbed Lina around the waist hauling her away from his neck and onto the floor beside him with a laugh. Lina was blushing like mad and her heart was racing, and not just from the laughter. The way his huge, strong hands felt around her waist…sigh… She shook herself mentally. Now was not the time to think about that! They were going to see their friends again!

Lina was already getting excited. Just how different would everyone be?