Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ The Goddesses ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

THE STORY

The Goddesses

"Not all that different, unfortunately," muttered Morganna as she moved her short blood red hair out of her silver eyes, the same color eyes that she shared with her sisters Vivienne and Razelle. She heard a sigh behind her and turned, facing her sister Razelle, her green hair fizzing about her head in terrible disarray.

"Well, at least Lina's idea for getting them back together was a good one, but they're still hopeless in the romance department! I think it's about time we meddled!"

Morganna nodded in agreement. "We've waited five years for Fate to bring them together again, so now we have to do what we can. If we leave those idiots alone, who knows how long it'll take them to get around to confessing anything!"

Razelle nodded curtly, the frizzy hair bouncing with her head. Then she opened an eye to look about, igniting Morganna's curiosity. "What?" Morganna asked as Razelle let out a longsuffering sigh.

"Here we are, talking about something this important, and Vivienne is nowhere around!"

Morganna blinked and realized her sister was right. The three goddesses had taken an interest in Lina and her group after discovering that she was the little sister of their dear friend Luna, the Knight of Sefiede, the only human that knew of their existence. (Well, of course she knew about them! She was a Knight of Sefiede and everyone knew that the Fire Dragon King was the Lord of Nightmares' brother!) After they began watching Lina and Gourry it only became more interesting when the descendant of Rezo the Red Priest, Zelgadis, showed up with his Chimera problem. Then the Princess of Saillune, Amelia, appeared and the shrine maiden Sylphiel. It only got more interesting. The group was so entertaining to watch. Then the plot thickened as the group met the Mazoku, Xellos, and the Golden Dragon, Filia. The whole group along with everyone they had crossed paths with and all the people and monsters they had faced made for an intriguing show. So intriguing that Vivienne, Razelle and Morganna took it upon themselves to watch over the group. Since it was too much of a hassle to protect them all constantly, they divided the work into pairs so that way they didn't have as much trouble.

Morganna looked after Lina and Gourry. Razelle looked after Zelgadis and Amelia, and Vivienne looked over Sylphiel…Xellos…and any other extras that happened to join up at the moment. At first it had been Sylphiel and then Xellos and Martina. Finally it became Xellos and Filia after Martina was safely married. Sylphiel didn't really need much looking after anymore. She needed a man to help her get over Gourry, but she was all right.

But since they'd paired up in the soul matching way, the couples themselves hadn't progressed in any way! They were all ignorant to their feelings. Either that or they were stubborn like Xellos and Zelgadis. Refusing to admit their feelings to themselves as well as to their counterpart. At least Lina had admitted her feelings to herself, if not to Gourry. The sister goddesses were really grateful to their older brother, the Water Dragon King, for making Lina realize that. It had been a real step. And they had also thanked the most powerful of the goddesses, the Lord of Nightmares. If their rogue aunt hadn't helped Lina out that time, who knows what might have happened! She had even gotten Lina and Gourry to kiss! A real improvement! Their aunt had gotten interested in the group too as they had been telling her about Lina and the others (also because Lina's sister worked for Sefiede. The Lord of Nightmares and her brother were constantly fighting. Sometimes that sibling rivalry got a little out of hand like when her creation, Shabranigdo, challenged her brother. That wasn't pretty at all!). The Lord of Nightmares was still asking for updates and was just as frustrated as they were on the lack of relationship going on. She couldn't believe that the two hadn't remembered the kiss they had shared! Especially after she had let Lina live!

Razelle sighed again. "Well, I say it's about time we interfered with what's going on other than just watching! We have to give these idiots a serious push! The question is…how?"

Morganna groaned. "This sucks! Lina and Gourry are so bloody complicated! How am I going to get them to confess their feelings to each other?"

Razelle perked up. "How about a life or death situation?"

Morganna sighed deflated. "That's happened often enough with those two, but nothing's come of it. Even after what our aunt, the Lord of Nightmares, did, there was still nothing going on! But at least I'm not as bad off as Vivienne. She has Xellos and Filia to deal with…"

Razelle nodded.

Xellos was a stubborn Monster and it was going to be terrible for Vivienne to deal with him. She had to get him to realize his feelings for the Golden Dragon despite his past and his race. After all, what does being a monster have to do with anything? Just because they were different didn't mean they had to be evil. They could live normal lives like everyone else. It wasn't their nature to be evil and to destroy…they were just built different. That's what bothered their aunt the most about everything. Everyone continues to believe that monsters have to be evil and destroy everything. They're just normal creatures that were just built differently. That's all. Somehow Vivienne had to make Xellos understand that, before making him realize his feelings for Filia. If not, he would never admit that he loved her.

Morganna shook her head and sighed. "By the way… Where is Vivienne?"

Razelle shrugged her shoulders daintily with a blank expression. Morganna scowled and just as she was about to go searching for the missing sister, Vivienne appeared, her light blue hair floating about her head as her silver eyes flashed and she grinned at her siblings.

"You called?"

"More than once!" Morganna shouted. Razelle ignored her loud sister and grinned at her other sister in greeting. Morganna scowled. "Vivienne! Why weren't you here! Now is our chance to get these idiots together at last! Now's our time to meddle and we need to put our heads together to find out how we're going to pull it off!"

Vivienne blinked blankly. Then she smiled, realization clear in her expression. "Oh, you mean the Lina and Gourry situation and the Zelgadis and Amelia situation? Ah, I understand now! Sorry, you'd lost me there for a minute."

"Lost you?" Razelle asked tilting her head to the side curiously.

Morganna rolled her eyes. "What about Xellos and Filia? You have to come up with something for them too, you know."

Vivienne's smiled widened. "Those two? I don't have to do anything with those two except make sure they get to the reunion on time!"

"WHAT?!"

Vivienne blinked at the astonished faces before her. "Well…Of course."

Razelle blinked. "What about hooking them up Vivienne?"

Morganna rolled her eyes. "Hello? Where have you been Vivienne? Welcome back to this reality. Those two need serious help."

Vivienne tilted her head to the side in confusion. "Help?"

"Of course HELP! What is wrong with you?!" Morganna demanded furiously.

Vivienne blinked and then smiled pleasantly. "But they don't need any kind of help."

Morganna's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "What did you do?" Vivienne just smiled mysteriously. Morganna's eye ticked. "All right then. I'll just make you talk! WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?!"

Razelle grabbed her sister and held her back as Vivienne floated to a safe distance. Razelle rolled her eyes. Morganna had always been the hothead of the three. Morganna was already cursing Razelle and the green haired sister just smiled, her silver eyes twinkling. "Sorry!" She then turned to Vivienne. "Well, while I calm Morganna down, why don't you tell us what you did to them? You must have done something if they don't need help, because out of all the couples they needed the most help…after Lina and Gourry." Razelle paused and then grinned as Morganna continued to struggle in her arms. "Wait a minute. Who am I kidding? They're all impossible!"

Vivienne smiled evilly at the two of them, ignoring Razelle's comments, and lifted a finger to her lips, making her sisters' eyes wide. "Now, that is a secret!" And she promptly vanished.

Morganna let out a bellow of frustration. Razelle sighed and released her sister. "Sometimes you can't tell Vivienne is the eldest."

Morganna was still fuming. Razelle looked over to her sister and tried to calm her. "Well, I'm sure we can come up with something on our own! After all, if she's this secretive who knows how she screwed up? I just hope we don't have to fix it!"

Morganna ignored her and continued to fume, slowly getting tired of it. Razelle let her sister expel her frustration as she continued to ponder what she could do about Amelia and Zelgadis. Amelia wasn't the problem. She'd been in love with Zelgadis forever. It was Zel. His hardheadedness was going to ruin his chance at happiness if she didn't do something. He was all hung up on this Chimera "I'm not worthy" thing that was just really starting to get old. His bouts of depression were going to end up being the death of him one of these days if she didn't do something quick. But how to get through to him… Suddenly her eyes lit up and she smiled evilly. She rubbed her hands together, catching Morganna's eye. The redhead brightened and began making her way to her sister, but Razelle neatly avoided her.

"No way! I'm not telling you anything about my idea! Besides…this could only work on Zel and Amelia. I'm tossing in some mystery and healthy dose of suspense and of course…" she grinned. "A tub-load of heavy tear-jerking drama! I LOVE IT!"

And with that she vanished as well, leaving a very pissed Morganna. The redhead began to tremble with frustration and rage, her silver eyes flashing. "DAMN! What the hell am I supposed to do with Lina and Gourry?! They're both so incredibly stubborn and dull-witted!" She let out a scream of frustration and began to pace. "I'd have to weaken all their inhibitions and knock down those walls of defense in order for them to confess anything! But how the hell am I supposed to do that?! UGH!" She growled furiously to herself until suddenly, it finally hit her… "Lose…their…inhibitions…?" She grinned wildly. "Hey! It's not exactly the most original idea in the world, but it just might work!"

She grinned and vanished the same way as her sisters, only with a loud, "ALL RIGHT!"