Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ The Reunion ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
The Reunion

Zelgadis entered into the salon room where the bellboy had directed him. He looked about the spacious room and noticed the hallway and stairs that led to the eight rooms and three bathrooms that this large condo of the resort held. He was impressed. Such luxurious accommodations. Probably extremely expensive as well. He sighed and his eyes narrowed. He just hoped Lina had already made arrangements for the money. He didn't want to be caught unprepared when the bill arrived, but if he knew Lina, paying for all of this was the last thing on her mind.

"Wow! Lina! Look at this place! I didn't know when you had ordered it, the place was going to look this good and be this big!"

"Well, it has to be big, Jellyfish brains! We have seven people coming for a reunion, us included! We had to have enough room for all of us to enjoy the Hot Springs and this condo! What good is a resort if you can't enjoy it! The best part is that the food here is free! Breakfast, lunch and dinner 'All you can Eat' buffets! All right!"

The two entered the room to see Zelgadis standing before them with a small smile. Lina and Gourry both grinned when they saw him. "Hey, Zel!"

They both rushed toward him greetings, slapping him on the back and hugs being passed around. "Long time no see!"

Zelgadis smiled. "Yes, Lina. It has been a while. But why the sudden idea for a reunion?"

Lina grinned. "Well, I was kind of missing everyone so I thought it would be a great idea for all of us to have this kind of reunion party! And the best place I could think of was a resort where we could spend plenty of time relaxing and eating!"

Gourry nodded. "Lina was telling me that the food here was great! I can't wait till everyone gets here and we can enjoy it!"

"Who says we have to wait, Gourry!"

Zelgadis shook his head. "You two will never change."

Lina burst out laughing. Then lifted an eyebrow and looked at Zelgadis. "By the way, how did you get here before we did? There was terrible storm at the port with the ship that comes here to Mypros Island."

Zelgadis nodded. "But the storm was over in the morning. I took the first ship. You two must have taken the ship after mine had already gone, which would have been later in the afternoon."

Lina turned a bright shade of pink as she remembered why they had taken the afternoon ship instead of the morning ship they had paid for. She had been furious to find out she had missed the ship because of her misadventure with Gourry.

Just then the door burst open and then quickly slammed shut, the person leaning against it gasping for breath. The three blinked in confusion as they saw what looked like a young boy with a large hat, heaving for breath. Lina stepped toward the boy as Gourry scratched the back of his head. But just as she was about to ask who he was, he collapsed on the floor with a thud, throwing his head back and loosing the hat that had covered most of his face.

"That was too close!"

The three friends blinked in shock, and it was Lina who shouted. "AMELIA?!"

The princess looked up and saw Lina. She smiled. "Oh! Thank the gods that you're already here Miss Lina! It took me forever to get to the resort because of my detour and when I finally did they didn't believe who I said I was, so they tried throwing me out! I had to run by them and get here as quickly as I could before they caught me! I don't know why they didn't believe me."

Lina's eye ticked. "Probably because of the peasant get up you're in! I didn't even know it was you Amelia!"

Amelia blinked and looked down at herself. Her eyes went wide. "Oh, yeah! I had forgotten I had put this on as a disguise!" She looked up at Lina apologetically. "Sorry, Miss Lina. But this was the only thing I could do in order to get out of the castle." She stood up and Lina blinked. Amelia was as tall as Lina. The young woman smiled and tore off the peasant clothes revealing the traveling clothes of a sorceress she had underneath. Lina and Gourry could only blink in amazement. Her clothing was completely different from before. Instead of a blouse, skirt with leggings underneath, she wore a tight complete body suit that was off-shoulder. The sleeves were short and crisp and she wore a short billowy skirt over the body suit. She also had a cape that was attached to the body suit from the front. Amelia then sighed. "Sorry about showing up late and making such an entrance. I just had to make a small detour on the way here."

Lina shook her head, a sweat drop on both her and Gourry's brow. "Don't worry about it Amelia. We just got here ourselves. There was a terrible storm at the port and we had to stay the night there while the storm calmed."

Gourry nodded. "And you'll never believe what happened to us there. We-"

Lina slammed her fist over his head, knocking onto the floor with a thud, a vein pulse on Lina's brow. "No one needs to know about that yet, Gourry. We can wait till everyone's here."

Amelia blinked for a moment then smiled. "I see you two haven't changed at all."

Lina grinned. "Funny you should say that Amelia! Zel just finished mentioning that as well."

Amelia blinked. "Zel? Zelgadis? He's here already?"

Lina moved out of the way to show a surprised Zelgadis beginning to blush. Amelia promptly began to do the same thing. He couldn't believe how much Amelia had changed. She was no longer the girl he had known five years ago, but a beautiful woman. His insides did something funny. He never thought he'd ever see Amelia as more than a little girl. He was wrong. She was an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful young woman. He couldn't believe his reaction for her. How long had it been since he had felt desire for a woman? Zelgadis gave a small cough and then walked toward Amelia. She was examining her toes, while her face burned. She looked up for a moment and met Zelgadis' eyes. He gave her a small smile. "Hello, Amelia. It's been a long time since I've seen you. You've grown up."

Amelia was still burning red. Her hands twisted before her. She gave a small smile, her eyes shining as she looked up at him. He was still taller than she was, but not by much anymore. "It has been a long time since I've seen you, Zelgadis. I see you still haven't found a cure yet. I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "I've been looking for a long time. I know if I'm determined enough I will find the cure sooner or later. You've calmed down some."

She nodded. "After five years of extensive princess and sorceress training, you have a tendency to be less hyper, because of all that was drilled into you to be calm and collected."

"I see. I just hope you haven't lost all your cheerfulness."

She shook her head. "Nope. Still unbearably cheerful. So cheerful everyone at the palace was worried when I got depressed."

"Why depressed?"

"Because I missed you…uh…I mean you and all my friends too and I was kind of lonely."

"I see."

She smiled up at him and he smiled back.

"Oh! They're both blushing again!"

Both of them started and turned to face a grinning Lina hauling up a dazed Gourry. Zelgadis sighed and walked away, picking up his bag to head to his room while Amelia turned an even brighter shade of pink. Lina went to Amelia to tease her a bit more when she abruptly stopped. The door that led to the Hot Springs opened and closed with a slam. Everyone turned to the door in confusion and they almost collapsed when they saw what had come through their door.

"Hello! Hello!"

A little boy no older than three was floating before them, his big blue eyes twinkling. They stood there in stunned disbelief. The little boy was in a shirt and shorts, but what was keeping him in the air was the flapping of his golden wings. The tail swishing behind him didn't help their shock at all. Where had this child come from and what was he doing in their condo?

The four of them just blinked at the boy as he flew toward Lina and smiled right in front of her. "Hello, lady!"

Lina blinked. "H-hello." She shook her head and the shock off. "Hey, kid. What are you doing in here?"

The child tilted his head, his blue eyes closing completely with his mysterious smile, his dark short purple hair shifting. Amelia, Lina and Zelgadis' eyes widened as that movement made a flash of recognition burst through their minds. This little kid reminded them of…

Lina shook her head furiously. "No way! I'm imagining things! Hey, kid. Why don't you go find your mom-"

"HAVRAN! HAVRAN! Where are you, honey!?" The voice sounded outside the door and the group could hear the door opening. The little boy smiled and flew towards the door.

"I here, Mama!"

The door opened and Amelia, Zelgadis and Lina's jaws dropped in shock. Filia had just stepped through the door with the boy grabbed onto her with his small hands. She looked relieved and clutched onto the boy. "There you are! You had me worried sick! Don't do that! I swear you're as big a troublemaker as that repulsive father of yours is…"

Everyone's eyes widened in stunned shock, but Gourry only blinked in confusion and then smiled. "Hey! Filia!"

The Golden Dragon Priestess looked up and saw the astonished faces before her and the blank smile of Gourry. She smiled. "Well, hello everyone! It was about time you all got here! We've been here for a while…"

Suddenly there was a flash in the air and Xellos appeared beside Filia holding the reincarnated Valgaav as the child dubbed Val. "I take it you found him?"

Filia turned to Xellos, an eye ticking in annoyance. "No thanks to you, Xellos! Didn't I tell you to keep an eye on Havran!"

Xellos sneered and bent over her threateningly. "Me? How was I supposed to keep my attention on Havran, while you were showing me some cleavage, Filia?"

Filia turned a bright pink and turned away. "How rude! A Priestess of the Fire Dragon King would never resort to such methods of seduction! Especially the seduction of a repulsive monster!" She turned back to Xellos with her tongue sticking out, while a vein pulsed on his forehead.

"Don't start, Filia. You know very well what you were doing. It was your fault Havran wandered off. Anyway," he smiled evilly at her, "you must be a very shameful ex-priestess, because I know how you do enjoy seducing and being seduced by this monster."

She turned bright red. "Xellos!"

The child suddenly burst into delighted giggles. "Papa! Mama! Fight! Fight!" The little Val in Xellos' arms burst into laughter with the other child.

They both turned to the children in their arms and sighed. Filia turned to Xellos. "He's as troublesome as you are. And Val is just as bad."

"Well Havran has your attitude. At least Val is nothing like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

CRASH!

Filia and Xellos and the child named Havran in Filia's arms turned to the sound, the elder Val bursting into laughter. Gourry was sitting on the floor with a blank look, while Lina and Amelia where sprawled on the floor their eyes swirling in shock. It…just…wasn't…possible…

Zelgadis was still standing, blinking at Xellos and Filia. He was the first one who was able to speak. "Oh. My. God."

Lina dragged herself up and gazed at the dragon and monster before her. "It can't be. I've got to be having a nightmare. There's no way I'm actually seeing this. Xellos and Filia, the two who hated each other…" Her eyes widened and she sank her hands into her hair, pulling at it. "It can't be! It's just not possible! There's no way I can be seeing what I'm seeing! I must be drunk again! Please! It can't be real!"

Filia blinked at Lina, Havran giggled and flew to his father, hugging Xellos' neck and shoving Val out of the way. "Papa!" Xellos took the child and held him, looking at Lina as well. Val growled and the two promptly began to wrestle in Xellos' arms.

"Well, hello, Lina! It's good to see everyone again, isn't it?"

Filia smiled and before anyone could blink they were all sitting on the floor around a table while Filia was pouring tea for everyone. Havran was on his mother's lap, and Xellos took up a sip from his cup, Val seated between the two of them still picking on Havran. Xellos turned to Filia with a smile. "Delicious tea, Filia."

Filia returned the smile. "Thank you, Xellos dear."

"DEAR?!"

The two turned the group before them. Gourry was blinking in confusion, Zelgadis was shaking his head and both Amelia and Lina were looking at them as if they had grown several heads out of their ears.

Lina shot up, her eye pulsing. "NOW I KNOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING!! ALL RIGHT! SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE OR I SWEAR I'LL DRAGON SLAVE THIS PLACE TO SMITHEREENS!!"

Everyone looked ready to run except the two she had bellowed at. Filia took a sip from her tea and smiled at Lina. "Isn't it perfectly obvious, Miss Lina? Xellos and I received your letter of invitation to this resort for a reunion and we were very excited. We got here a bit earlier I believe, because we've been here a week already waiting for all of you."

"THAT…IS…NOT…WHAT…I…MEAN…"

Filia smiled and took another sip. "Oh… Then you must mean Havran!" The little boy looked up and smiled at Lina. Filia grinned. Little Val growled at Havran and the little child just stuck out his tongue. "He is going to be three in a few months and he has a tendency of running off and being quite mischievous. Little Val likes to play with his little brother and tease him as well. Havran also quite enjoys seeing Xellos and I fight each other. It seems to entertain him, our verbal battles." She turned to Xellos then with fangs bared. "I wonder where he gets that perverse attitude from?!"

Xellos sipped his tea. "Probably from his mother's side."

"ME?!" She shook her head and then abruptly calmed down and took another sip of her tea. "Just like you Xellos, to blame someone else for the faults you passed down to our son. The monster blood in his veins does come from you, dear, whether you like to admit it or not."

Xellos opened an eye and grinned evilly. "Me? Like to admit it? Filia, aren't we discussing the wrong person here? I don't doubt the Monster blood flowing in his veins or the Golden Dragon blood. It's you, my dear, who doesn't like to admit to the fact that you seduced me and as a result, Havran was born."

"I seduced you! Oh, please Xellos! Don't give yourself that much credit! As I recall you were doing the seducing!"

"Well, if that's the case, who was the Golden Dragon Priestess who was letting herself be seduced by a monster? Hmmm…?"

Her eye ticked and the child in her lap burst out laughing. "Papa! Mama! Funny!" Val laughed as well. "Funny!"

Filia rolled her eyes again. "There he goes again! And Val just seems to enjoy it too, but I think that's just his nature. Either that or Havran rubbed off on him. I swear, why couldn't Havran have gotten a bit more of my genes?"

Xellos grinned. "Filia don't even suggest such a thing. Then he would be unbearable!"

She turned to him, eyes blazing. "XELLOS…"

"Yes, Filia darling?"

Her fist was clenched, her eyes blazing as fire began to steam off of her. But before she could pounce on him, he leaned forward and gave her a fleeting kiss across the lips that completely deflated her. The five and almost three-year-old boys blinked and then burst out laughing.

Everyone looking at them had huge eyes that seemed to be popping out of their heads as they saw Filia turn pink and then lean her head on Xellos' shoulder, closing her eyes and smiling. Xellos grinned and then gave a yelp as her mace clobbered him over the head. The children laughed even harder.

Gourry blinked. "Uh…what's going on?"

Lina smacked him upside the head and he landed face first into his cup of tea. "You IDIOT! Can't you see for yourself!" She turned to Filia and Xellos and slammed her hands onto the table. "All right, you two. Tell us how the hell this happened. You two hate each other! How can it possibly be that you're both married and with a child no less! It just isn't possible! So I want a detailed explanation."

Amelia nodded. "Me too. This is quite a shock. I never thought you two could get along, ever, so seeing you together was enough of surprise and then to find out about this…! It's just too much! How did this happen?"

"I agree with Lina and Amelia," Zelgadis said. "You two could barely stand each other before. How did this happen? What miracle was performed?"

Xellos grinned. "Now that is a secret."

Everyone collapsed to the floor, limbs twitching and sprawled as Xellos took another sip of the tea and Filia poured him some more.

Filia smiled. "Well, if Xellos doesn't want to explain. I will. Mr. Zelgadis described it perfectly. It was a miracle!"

Xellos nodded. "I'll agree to that. A miracle, indeed."