Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ How the hell did *that* happen?! ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

How the hell did that happen?!

Everyone sat up again to listen to the shocking tale Filia was about to tell them. Whatever had happened to Filia and Xellos had to have been huge for them to be like this now. It just was unbelievable. Nothing short of a miracle could have made these two fall in love.

Filia began. "It is actually quite simple. After we all separated, I set up that antique shop with Jillas, his friend and little Val to raise him. After a few months a great scholar came into the store and recognized Val and I for what we were. She said she had never seen a stranger family and she invited me to her home." Filia grinned. "She had this enormous library, and she decided to teach me about the Dragon race, the Monster race and the Human race. She taught me so much! She told me she only specialized in truth and she had spent her entire life searching for it until she had at last gathered all the information there was and discovered the truth. She never told me how old she was, or from what race, but it was my suspicion that she was a descendant of the Gods." Filia shrugged. "Anyway, after coming to her home in my free time, occasionally with Val, and intense studying for almost two years, she told me it was now time to share the truth I had gained with those willing to listen. She told me to travel to the next town and not to take anyone with me. She said not to worry about Val and the others that she would take care of them while I was gone. This would be the last bit of my education. First hand experiences in dealing with the truth and with what people believe to be the truth. It was on that journey that I ran into this Monster," she gazed pointedly at Xellos, "and then it all began…"

"Well! If it isn't Filia, the hypocritical Golden Dragon Priestess!"

It can't be. Filia looked up and saw Xellos sitting calmly in the tree above her. "I am not hypocritical, you stupid monster! I know the truth of my race and am disgusted with them as well as yours! I took responsibility! I took in Val and decided to raise him as my own! You're the hypocrite!" She drew her mace. "So mind your own business, Xellos!"

Xellos floated down with an evil grin. "Nice legs, Filia."

She turned bright pink. "Why you-"

…Filia sighed. "After a heavy bit of arguing and insulting each other, he decided he was going to torment me some more and accompany to wherever I was going for the moment." She grinned. "He shouldn't have done that. If he hadn't, he would have been a free monster. But now, because he wanted to torment me, he's a married Monster, right, Xellos dear?"

Xellos sipped a bit more of his tea and opened an eye at her, a vein pulsing, but he said nothing. Filia smiled contentedly and turned back to the group listening to the story. She gave a light cough and continued. "Well, along the way, with insults and some teasing he managed to find out what I had been doing the past two years since we had last seen each other. He didn't show it, but I took it that Xellos was quite surprised to hear the truth I said about his race and my own…

"The Lord of Nightmares didn't create Monsters to destroy everything, Xellos and you know it! You know it deep in the heart you claim you don't have! My teacher showed me with her power what happened to Lina with the Lord of Nightmares! The Mother of All Monsters didn't respond to Phibrizzo when he claimed that she had created them for destruction. Phibrizzo had desired the destruction of the world, she didn't grant it. She granted the wish within him! If he wanted to destroy the world that meant he was going to be destroyed too and that was his ultimate desire. To end his pained confused existence. That's why monsters seek destruction and hate and all the negative emotions! Because they're so full of them because of the stereotypes humans and dragons have placed on them! They don't know how else to be! But they are really just another race that can love, live and be happy! The Lord of Nightmares knows the truth of this and that's why she let Lina live and why she destroyed Phibrizzo instead of the whole world!"

"Where did you get these ridiculous ideas, Filia?"

Filia turned bright red as she stared at Xellos' smirk. "From a brilliant woman who spent her entire life researching the truth of the races and their existence. I found out the truth about the Golden Dragons, the Monsters, the Humans, everything!"

"And how do you know it was the truth? You believed what your High Elder had told you as the truth until you knew better. How do you know what you learned is the truth?"

She turned her blazing eyes to Xellos. "Because I did the research! I questioned everything, looked at the evidence, studied and realized what was really going on! And you know it's true, Xellos! If not you would have killed Lina long ago!" Filia smirked. "I think Lina knows the truth as well, because if she didn't she would never have trusted you the way she did. She knows you have more brains and common sense than all these other monsters that actually believe they are meant to destroy. You just use the stereotype to your benefit so you can blame your 'nature' instead of yourself! You are too smart to be as dumb as Phibrizzo and Gaav and Dark Star! That's why you helped Lina destroy them! You were probably sick and tired of working for them! And you know it's true, you arrogant Monster!"

…Filia grinned. "And I am happy to say, he didn't say anything after that!"

Xellos' eye ticked. "That's because we were attacked Filia."

She turned away. "That's besides the point!" She shook her head. "Anyway, like Xellos said, we were then abruptly attacked by a monster that said she was a messenger from Xellos' current boss…I don't quite remember which Dark Lord she named...was it Beastmaster…?" Filia shrugged. "She said Xellos' current orders were canceled for the time being until he first got rid of me. She said that because of my knowledge (meaning the knowledge I had just gained) I had to be destroyed and that was his orders before he continued with the rest of what he had to do." She took a sip of tea. "Needless to say I was a bit shocked, especially when the monster mentioned that my teacher had already been annihilated for her knowledge and I was to be next. I was enraged and panicky. If my teacher had been killed how was Val and Jillas? Were they all right? And Xellos…well, Xellos didn't have much of an expression so I guessed he was shocked. Because I could at least tell he was straining to smile.

"And then the shocker for me and for the monster that had appeared to us. Xellos blatantly refused to comply with those orders. He said he'd do as he pleased and that was all. He said he'd kill me in his own good time, which got him a slam with my mace. I am proud to say that I did catch him and he was in some pain, stupid monster! Anyway, the monster became furious and decided to kill us both, me for obvious reasons and Xellos because he had disobeyed a direct order…"

It's working! Vivienne thought to herself as she gave a cry of fury and attacked Xellos and Filia. Now all she had to do was be careful. If anything went wrong then there would be no way she could fix it! She had to remember to thank Beastmaster after this was over. Out of all the Dark Lords she was the most cooperative. Maybe her aunt had had some say in it.

Xellos and Filia jumped away from the blast as quickly as possible, narrowly avoiding it. This monster was serious. If Xellos didn't kill her, then she would kill them both. Filia teleported to Xellos and growled at him.

"Isn't there anyway you can stop her or talk some sense into her? You're practically one of the strongest monsters and you know all the other-"

"I don't know her."

"What?"

"I have never come across this monster before, which is strange. She is extremely powerful for a monster. She could very likely destroy us both with her power. I know if she was this powerful I would have met her before, but perhaps the conspiracies that my race continues to thrive on managed to keep her and her power hidden from me."

Another blast of power sent Xellos and Filia flying off to the side to avoid being annihilated. He gave an evil smirk. "Maybe the order of your death Filia, is just a set up to kill me as well. They're all probably afraid of my power."

"Or of the people that call you friend."

He lifted an eyebrow at her. "What? You?"

Her eyes blazed. "OF COURSE NOT! I don't call you friend! But Miss Lina does and she was the one who managed to kill four Dark Lords and was possessed by the Lord of Nightmares herself and survived! They would be afraid of that particular sorceress that you have a tendency to hang out with!"

Xellos said nothing and they both avoided a blast.

"Are you both just going to hop around the place! Why don't you fight for your life? It would be so much more enjoyable if you put some more effort into it!" She sighed. "Or perhaps you're both just too weak. Very well. I'll destroy the traitor Xellos quickly and then give the last Golden Dragon a long, slow death." She grinned maniacally as she swung down at them. "Her screams will be worth it! Or maybe I'll leave Xellos alive enough that he can hear her screaming his name as he DIES!"

Neither Xellos nor Filia were prepared for the blast and both were thrown back against the ground. Xellos got up quickly and gazed at the evil smile of the female monster before him. She wasn't even in monster form, but in human form like him and she was still extremely powerful. Where had she come from? She slammed Xellos' face with her heeled boot with a roundhouse kick, sending him flying into a slowly getting up Filia. She shook her head and looked up as the monster approached them and blasted them. Filia quickly put a protection spell to protect both herself and Xellos who was lying on top of her and slowly regaining consciousness. But the blast from the female monster was too much for her and they both went hurtling backwards from the force of her blow. Filia was slammed against a tree trunk and Xellos was on the ground beneath her. He quickly got up and managed to catch Filia.

"Damn," she muttered as Xellos put her on her feet.

"Exactly. I have never met such a powerful low class monster."

"Well, that's too bad. You'll both die knowing you were defeated by a low class monster!"

They both turned and she blasted a death ray at Xellos. Filia pushed him out of the way and the beam almost got her. They both hit the ground with a thud, but the monster blasted a spell into the ground that sent them both into the air with plenty of pain. Xellos grabbed onto Filia as quickly as possible and vanished back to the ground, attempting to hide for the moment so they could regain their strength.

"I cannot believe this is happening."

Suddenly Xellos started as he turned to Filia and saw her casting a healing spell onto one of his wounds. His eyes opened in surprise and then narrowed dangerously and he turned to her, grabbing onto her arms, stopping the healing spell. "Why the hell did you do that, you stupid dragon? An inch closer and you would have been obliterated." He shook his head and let her go. "This would never had happened if I hadn't run into you."

Filia lifted an eyebrow. "If you recall you were the one who ran into me and wanted to stick around. And why do you care, Xellos? If you wanted to end this mess right now you could just kill me. Then you wouldn't even have a threat to yourself. You'd be the good little monster politician you were before." She began to cast the healing spell again. "So kill me already, if you don't want to be bothered. You were planning on killing me eventually. According to you the only reason I'm still around is because you find me amusing. I'm sure by now, I'm no longer amusing."

Xellos made no reply for a moment and then cursed. "She's found us."

"You've got it!"

The blast would have blown Xellos' and Filia's astrobodies to smithereens if she hadn't cast the protection spell and Xellos hadn't teleported them out of there quickly. The woman monster gave a low growl and followed them, knowing exactly where they had gone.

"Why are you protecting me, Filia?"

She was heaving for breath, but still gave him an icy look. "I can ask you the same stupid question. Why are you protecting me?! You're planning to kill me eventually anyway, aren't you? So, I'd rather die by your hands than hers! So like I said, if you want to end this quickly, kill me now! Save yourself the trouble by doing it quickly. I have no idea why you would sacrifice your own life to protect mine just so you can kill me later!" She became silent for a moment, her face sad and her eyes teary. She whispered her next reason. "Besides, I have no reason to live now. She killed my teacher who was protecting Val and the others. They're probably dead now too. I failed them. I have no reason to live anymore."

"She has a valid point Xellos."

The two turned to face the monster in woman guise, which was sneering contemptibly at them. "You'll live Xellos and be forgiven for this outburst of treachery quite easily. After all, the Golden Dragon had seduced you with her charms and spells and you had no choice but to protect her. But you came to your senses and annihilated her. So simply rectified. Don't be a fool, Xellos. The Golden Dragon certainly isn't. She's already seen there is no way to win against me, or you for that matter, so she has already accepted her necessary death."

Xellos opened an eye and looked at the monster sneering before him. He then turned to Filia who was looking at him intently, so many emotions flitting across her face. What an innocent Golden Dragon. She hadn't known about the hypocrisies of her race and had set out to find the truth. Now that she had it, she was to die for it…and for him. He slowly straightened, the thought echoing in his mind as he began to cast the spell that would destroy Filia.

The female monster cackled with glee and Filia just smiled. At least he would be all right.

It was that smile that threw Xellos off.

The monster wasn't paying attention, so as Xellos' power was growing, he asked the dragon kneeling in front of him in exhaustion.

"Why did you smile just now, Filia?"

She blinked and looked up, seeing Xellos' eyes open and intent. She sighed. "Because now I didn't have to worry whether you would be safe or not. Now that you decided to kill me, you'd be all right."

"Why do you care what happens to this repulsive monster, Filia, Priestess of the Fire Dragon King? Why are you willing to die for me?"

Filia looked down at the ground for a moment and then into his eyes. Xellos almost took a step back when he saw her blue eyes trembling with tears. "Because over the past couple of years I found out about something I harbored within my heart. My teacher helped me realize what this was." She sighed. "I guess it's all right to tell you now, because you don't care and you're going to kill me anyway." She gave him a small smile and met his eyes, tears threatening to escape. "I realized as I was discovering the truth about the races a truth about myself." She closed her eyes for a moment and tears spilled. She opened her eyes and gazed into his. "I, an ex-priestess of the Fire Dragon King, the last Golden Dragon, had fallen in love with the very monster that had annihilated most of my race during the War of the Monster's Fall. I had fallen in love with you, Xellos."

His eyes widened, but Filia continued. "Now hurry up and kill me! She's noticed that you haven't done it yet!"

"What the devil is going on, Xellos! Annihilate her!"

Xellos smiled and the glow around him began to gather in his palm, forming into the ball of power that would destroy Filia. The Golden Dragon only smiled and bowed her head.

But when Xellos cast the spell, the blast didn't destroy Filia. At the last second he turned and blasted it straight through the female monster. Filia looked up in shock, but didn't have long to dwell on it. Xellos picked her up and vanished, teleporting into a different location. He could hear and sense the rage in the still living monster.

He put Filia down and was desperately trying to think of something to destroy her. Then he felt his head being slammed by a mace. He turned to Filia with a growl. "Why the hell did you do that for?!"

She growled back at him. "I can ask you the same question! What are you thinking?! Since when did you get noble?! Why are you protecting me Xellos?! You had already decided you were going to kill me!"

His eyes opened and narrowed. "That's true, but then you had the audacity to smile at me. So I decided that I wanted you alive after all."

"WHAT?!"

Filia could look at him only in shock. She couldn't believe this perverse monster! But he obviously wanted to defeat the other monster that was trying to kill them. What to do…

"Xellos!"

"What now, Filia? I'm trying to come up with some way to destroy her."

She rolled her eyes. "I know that! But do you remember the effect that light and dark magic combined had? Perhaps if we try that-"

Xellos turned to her with an evil smirk. "I thought you couldn't stand that thought." She turned pink. "Oh, yes! I just remembered. Didn't you just confess you loved me? I guess that means you don't mind anymore, eh?"

Her eyes turned red in fury. "I knew I should've taken that secret with me to the grave! Then I wouldn't have to worry about it."

Xellos grinned evilly, but then turned away. "She's headed here now, and I think you're right, Filia, that may be our only way of defeating her. So if you don't mind, let's get on with it, shall we?"

She nodded and they both headed toward her, already casting their most powerful spells so the moment they faced her, their eyes blazing with their power, they were ready.

"What the hell…?"

The monster didn't get a chance to say more. Both Xellos and Filia blasted their most powerful spells and watched in shocked concentration as the blasts merged and made the monster into nothing but ashes and dust.

Filia collapsed onto the ground with a sigh. She needed a break, but before she could rest Xellos was lifting her up off the ground.

"What is it now? I thought we got her."

"But we did."

"Then why-"

But she was cut off as Xellos took her mouth and kissed her with such carnal intensity that she was lost. Her body shivered with what she would have called revulsion before, but now she knew it was desire for him. She gripped onto his shoulders and he wrapped her more closely to him, devouring her with his kiss. His tongue thrust into her mouth, tormenting her and having his fill of her, leaving her putty in his hands. He caressed her, slowly pressing her against his hardened body and Filia felt she was going to go up in flames. She was hot all over, her body clenching with need. She never knew she could feel this way…never knew she could feel this way for a monster! When she had realized she had loved him, she had thought she would keep that secret and her loneliness inside of her forever. Now all that emotion was bursting forth with just a stroke of his tongue on the inside of her lips and against her tongue, making her melt against him and her soul become consumed by the fire he awakened within her. Her entire body was screaming with desire and need…and all of this just from a simple kiss.

When he eventually pulled away, his face still hovering over hers only a breath away from her lips, his hands still caressing her, he was smiling down at her dazed expression. Eventually she came to her senses and turned a bright shade of pink. "Why did…Uh…"

"Finally speechless, I see."

She turned a darker shade of red and her eyes started to go up in flames. Xellos laughed and pressed her more closely to him. The fire of anger in her eyes was replace by a different kind of fire. Her eyes became dazed again with the sensations that exploded within her. "Poor innocent Golden Dragon. You fell in love with a monster, and now that you've told him what you feel…" He bent his head down to her ear and licked the outer rim, making her shiver before he whispered into ear, "You now belong to me, Filia."

…Filia sighed, turning a bright pink. "After that we headed to nearest town and stayed there for about a month and a half-" O_O

"WHOA!"

Filia stopped to look at Lina who had just jumped up from her seat. "Are you telling me that you two stayed together for a month and a half in the same town, doing…" ^_~

Filia turned pink and Xellos burst out laughing. "Very observant, Lina. That's exactly what we did for a month and half."

Filia turned to Xellos, her face still burning. "Will you be quiet! I thought you didn't want to tell this story!"

He just grinned at Filia. Amelia shook her head. "But then how did you get married? You mentioned you stayed together, but not that you got married. And what about Val and the others? What happened?"

Filia sighed. "Well, after a month and a half, Xellos got this bright idea to leave and figure out just what the hell actually went on that day. The idiotic monster was actually going to leave me and told me to get back home and see if everyone was really dead or not! I really did want to go to see if everyone was all right (I hadn't gone earlier because I had gotten a premonition that they were, but I wasn't sure), but I wanted him to come with me! So I spit out another secret that I had known for about a week…" She turned pink. "I was pregnant." Then she grinned. "The look on Xellos' face was priceless! And that definitely got him to stay! But this all happened in front of a priestess. She heard us and got it into her mind that we would be an awesome married couple. So before we knew it, she was marrying us, and then thanking us for letting her be the one to marry us. She said she was thrilled that she got the chance to marry a Monster and a Golden Dragon. She said the High Priestess of her Church would be ecstatic that such a miracle ceremony had been performed." Filia shrugged. "Even I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but she seemed so excited about marrying us…and she did. We went to my home and found out everyone was all right, and Val took to Xellos right away, strange considering Xellos wanted to kill him before. But they got along well. So we've been together ever since!" (So that was how Vivienne did it!)

Everyone blinked in stunned surprise and it was Gourry who spoke first. "Whoa, Lina. That reminds me of what happened to us-"

Lina covering Gourry's mouth muffled the rest of what he would have said. "Heh, heh! Now's not the time to be mentioning that Gourry! Don't worry! Nothing like that happened to us! Nothing at all!"

Now everyone was giving them a suspicious look, until Filia spotted it under a flash of light. "OH MY GOD!"

Everyone blinked in surprise, even the children, and they all turned to look at what had caused Filia's shout. It was then that everyone noticed the glittering diamond ring on Lina's left ring finger.

"OH MY GOD!"