Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ A Ring and the Hot Springs ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A Ring and the Hot Springs

Amelia and Filia jumped on Lina, both of them reaching for her hand in shock. They stared at the ring, their eyes wide with disbelief. Zelgadis and Xellos were hovering over them, trying to make sure if what they had seen was real.

It was.

"Miss Lina! You and Mr. Gourry got married!?" Amelia shouted in stunned disbelief.

"Uh…well…we…uh…sort of…"

"I don't believe my eyes," Zelgadis muttered.

"This is amazing! You two finally got around to confessing your feelings for each other and tying the knot! Oh! It was about time! You two do make such a cute couple." Filia cried, her cheeks rosy with excitement.

"I wonder Lina… When did this happen?" Xellos said, lifting an eyebrow. The two boys just climbed on the table, wanting to know what had made the adults so hysterical.

Gourry gasped for breath as he freed himself from Lina's grasp. Amelia and Filia were hovering over Lina, and the redheaded sorceress was panicking beneath their onslaught of questions. Gourry grinned and said, "I told you they'd be just as excited as all the people in that inn were!" Lina turned to him with fire in her eyes and a vein pulsing. The others looked at him curiously.

"Inn?"

Lina jumped on Gourry and started hollering at him. "Will you just stop it, you brainless idiot! They don't have to know all the details! You already gave us away! Just shut your fat mouth, will you! Damn it, Gourry!"

The group sighed simultaneously and pulled the two apart. Filia already began casting a healing spell on Gourry, while Amelia and Zelgadis were trying to calm Lina down. Xellos just smiled at the situation and said, "Lina, why don't you tell us, how this happened, hmm? I'm sure everyone here would like to know."

Lina's eye ticked as she gazed at Xellos, but he only ignored her. She turned to everyone else and they were gazing at her expectantly. She sighed heavily. She knew she wasn't going to be able to get out of it until she spilled her guts and she knew her friends were just as tenacious as she was. She was really stuck now.

"Oh…all right already! I'll tell you!"

Amelia and Filia gave a huge grin while Xellos and Zelgadis waited patiently for her to begin. Lina only sighed.

"To make a long story short…we were at the local inn at the port when we were having dinner like usual. And then somehow, in someway that neither of us are still sure of, we ended getting completely and utterly drunk. While in our drunken stupor," she coughed, "according to the witnesses that is, we confessed our feelings for each other, Gourry proposed, we found a priestess that just happened to be in the Inn at the time and got married. Somehow I made the marriage certificates indestructible and neither of us discovered what happened until the next morning when we woke up in the same bed." Lina grinned. "And that's about it!"

"So that was the racket I heard coming from that inn as I passed by it," Zelgadis murmured to himself.

Amelia and Filia looked deflated. "So you were both drunk when you confessed your feelings?"

"Uh…well…yeah…"

"And you probably have no memory of what happened right?"

"Uh…yeah…"

Filia and Amelia turned bright red and shouted at the same time. "WELL THAT ISN'T VERY ROMANTIC!"

Lina winced. "I didn't say it was, did I?"

Zelgadis nodded. "But it makes sense. That is the only way they would finally admit their feelings and finally make the decision to get married."

Xellos agreed. "Indeed. That is just like those two. That morning must have been very entertaining…"

Lina's eye ticked, but she was deterred from her target when she saw the blaze in Amelia and Filia's eyes.

"Well…this only means one thing as far as I'm concerned," Amelia shouted, standing up.

Filia nodded and also stood, Havran clinging to her shoulders and Val to her skirt. "Exactly! We're going to have to take charge of the situation!"

"Huh?" was Lina's panicked response.

Amelia grinned and turned to Filia her eyes glassy with excitement. "Yes, Miss Filia! We shall dedicate ourselves to our knew mission!" Filia nodded in agreement.

Blue lines fell over Lina's face as she gazed up at the other two women in horror. "What are you two…talking about…?"

They turned to Lina with an evil grin and proclaimed their plan. "We're going to give you and Gourry a proper wedding!" They both nodded in perfect agreement and gazed starry eyed into the ceiling. "We're going to give you the most grandest, beautiful, elegant and stylish wedding in the universe!"

"Oh, yes, Miss Filia! I can see it now! Miss Lina dressed in a gorgeous wedding gown, being married in a beautifully decorated temple! The bells! The music! Oh! It's perfect!"

"You're right, Amelia! And how handsome Mr. Gourry will look in a gray or black tuxedo! They make such a breathtaking image!"

Xellos sipped his tea and Zelgadis shook his head as Filia and Amelia continued to 'ooh' and 'aah' over their plans for Lina and Gourry's wedding.

"Boy, are they psyched for this."

"It certainly seems that way, doesn't it."

Amelia abruptly caught Lina's arm (for Lina had been trying to sneak away), and began to drag her to the hot spring, Filia gathering up Val and Havran. She turned to the three men with a grin as Amelia dragged Lina through the doors. "We'll be going to the hot spring now, boys! So don't bother to wait up! See you at dinner!"

Gourry and Zelgadis just stared blankly after them, while Xellos continued sipping his tea.

Before Lina knew it, Filia and Amelia had her stripped and tossed her into the spring, the two of them following after her and sighing with bliss. Lina just sat there staring at them, while the two little boys began to splash around. Amelia was the first to turn to Lina with a smile.

"Don't be upset, Miss Lina! Let the hot spring calm you down! I mean, you are already married to Mr. Gourry, aren't you?" Lina only muttered something beneath her breath. "So what's the big deal? You should be happy that you're going to get a full scale wedding with all your friends there!" Amelia sighed. "I just wish I could have been there for Miss Filia's and Mr. Xellos' wedding. That would have been worth seeing too!"

Filia smiled and shook her head. "It's all right, Amelia. It wasn't much of a wedding anyway! Miss Lina and Mr. Gourry are more important! They've been hiding their feelings for each other for such a long time! Their wedding should be a grand affair!" Filia's eyes sparkled. "And we're just the two to make sure it is perfect!"

Amelia nodded enthusiastically. Lina just sighed and leaned back. "Well, if it'll really make you both so happy, go ahead." Lina sighed again and turned a light shade of pink. "I've always wanted a grand wedding anyway…" she lifted an eyebrow and turned to the other two. "But I better not be the one who'll have to pay for it!"

Filia and Amelia shook their heads. "Of course not, Miss Lina!"

Amelia grinned. "I'm sure Mr. Gourry's family must be wealthy enough to have the wedding on that grand of a scale! I mean they are the famous Swordsmen of Light! I'm sure they're probably one of the most wealthiest of families!"

Lina's eyes widened and sparkled as she thought of what Amelia just said. She was right! Gourry's family was famous! They probably were rolling in cash! Her eyes shone as her mind drifted into her fantasies and Filia gave Amelia a wink.

Lina sighed again and then grinned. "I guess you two have convinced me! Besides," she sighed. "The certificates are indestructible. I can't unmarry him at all."

Filia lifted an eyebrow. "I would ask what you meant about the marriage certificates being indestructible, but I'm afraid I wouldn't want to know."

"Good, then don't ask."

Amelia only giggled and Lina lifted an eyebrow in her direction. "By the way, Amelia, I wouldn't talk about me not expressing my feelings. You still haven't told Zelgadis how you feel about him, have you?"

Amelia turned a bright red and stared down at the water before her as Filia turned to Lina to lecture her on teasing Amelia. But the dark haired princess looked up quickly.

"Actually…I was planning to…tell him…soon…"

Filia and Lina blinked in surprise. They ignored the giggling and splashing children in their way and headed straight for Amelia staring intently at the young woman. "Uh…"

"Are you serious, Amelia? You were actually going to confess to Zelgadis your feelings for him while at the reunion?"

She blinked and nodded slowly. But before either woman could squeal their delight, Amelia interrupted them. "But! But…"

They turned to her curiously. "But?"

She turned pink and sighed. "But I don't know when to tell him. You see, I have a gift to give him and I don't know whether to tell him after I give it to him or after." She looked up to Filia. "Miss Filia what should I do?"

Filia blinked and Lina's eye ticked. "Hey, what about me?"

Amelia's eyes narrowed. "Miss Lina, you still haven't consciously told Mr. Gourry of your feelings! How will getting advice from you help me out?! At least Miss Filia told Mr. Xellos of her feelings, and that must have been even harder for her considering their races have been at war for millenniums!"

Lina sighed. "I let them have their way and they still rag on me." She approached the two with a grin. "Well, maybe I can pick up a few pointers too."

Filia smiled and turned to Amelia. "Well, Miss Amelia, I guess it depends on what the gift will be. Is it a very important present?'

Amelia nodded. "Mm-hmm."

Filia gave a thoughtful look and then turned to Amelia with a smile. "Then I think you should tell him afterwards. It would make the gift be even more impressive after you've given it to him and then confessed your love!"

"Really, Miss Filia?"

Lina shook her head. "I think she should say she loves him first and then give him the present. That way she could prove to him that she really does love him. You know how disbelieving Zel is. That would help him know you're sincere about your feelings, Amelia."

"Do you really think so, Miss Lina?"

Filia shook her head and turned to Lina. "Miss Lina, you don't even know what you're talking about! That wouldn't work! Amelia wants to show her love is all-powerful. It would be a cheap expression of love if it had to be backed up with proof like that! I say let him be awed by the gift first and then express your feelings later, to show him that the gift had come from her heart where she had harbored those feelings that she was later expressing!"

Lina's eye ticked. "I still think, considering Zel's character, that she has say she loves him first and then give him the present so she can prove it to him!"

"I really don't think that will work, Miss Lina!"

"What do you know, Filia?!"

"More than you at least!"

Amelia just sighed.

Over the wall, where the males' hot spring was, all the guys could hear was the jumbled words of their suddenly heated argument and the giggling of the children who only muffled the women's voices even more. Zelgadis and Xellos were drinking some wine and tea respectively, while Gourry stared blankly at the wall. He turned to the other two men.

"Don't you two wonder what on earth they're arguing about?"

"Not at all. It's their own business."

"Indeed. Besides, I don't think we have to worry until we start hearing a Dragon Slave."

Gourry looked back at the wall and shrugged. "I guess so."