Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Just One Wedding Left ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Just One Wedding Left

King Phil was determined to see his daughter married as soon as possible. Whether it was because of what happened with Loubrev or because he has somehow found out about how close Amelia and Zelgadis' relationship was, no one knew. But having a wedding was enough to get Zelgadis nervous. Having one within two weeks was giving him a nervous breakdown. Thank goodness Amelia was constantly with him to remind him that they were practically married anyway. They had already taken the fatal plunge (excuse the pun).

Lina and Gourry of course wouldn't miss it for the world. The only place more extravagant than the Sandman Hotel they were honeymooning at was the Seyruun Palace. So they quickly packed their stuff and moved in for the time being to help Amelia and Zelgadis for the wedding. Filia and Xellos also decided to stay. After the first week Sylphiel and Harry suddenly showed up. They had heard about the engagement all the way in Mypros Island and they knew they had to come to the wedding. So they also moved into the palace for the time being to help with the wedding ceremony. Nahga and Larry came as quickly as they got the news as well. Like Nahga was going to miss out on her little sister's wedding (and a chance to bother Lina). As for Luna and Val…well they kept popping up on occasion and then disappear again. They were probably just there for the show. At least that was the only thing anyone else could come up with.

King Phil was annoyingly good to his word. Within two weeks the wedding preparations were complete. You could tell the difference between this wedding and the wedding the Gabriev's and Loubrev's had thrown for their daughter-n-laws. They were rich…Phil was a king. The only one groaning about the prospect was Zelgadis. He had been hoping if he had to get married so soon that it could have been at least a private wedding. But no… Phil couldn't have that.

The wedding was going to be in the palace gardens. This enormous marble gazebo was decorated with all different kinds of wildflowers and white and violet ribbons. The decorations and colors were so brilliantly placed and constructed that if anyone had been flying over the gardens they would have been spellbound. (Lina was the one who did that and almost crashed to the floor in her shock at how beautiful everything looked. Luckily, Gourry caught her.) The bridesmaids and the grooms were all dressed spectacularly and the seats for everyone to sit on during the ceremony were just as comfortable and just as lush and beautiful as any the castle could provide. The best thing about it all was the fact that the sun was out and it looked like it was going to stay like that. Not a threatening cloud in the sky. Perfect.

Zelgadis was wearing a stark black tuxedo that only would have been worn by a member of the royal house. His hair was pulled back again and even though Gourry and Harry were trying to encourage him, Xellos kept tormenting him about his new married life. It got so bad that Zelgadis looked ready to turn tail and fly off into the sunset. Filia promptly shut Xellos up with a carefully aimed swing of her mace.

But what really stopped Zelgadis was the music beginning to play. He turned around and his heart clenched in his chest. Even Gourry, Harry, Larry and Xellos whistled their approval. Phil was dressed in full royal regalia and all in white (no, they were not whistling at him), but beside him was a stunning Amelia. Her wedding dress was made a shining silk that seemed to make her glow. The bodice was halter top with a low neckline. The skirt of the dress was made of the same silky material but it floated about her with her every step, some of the material see-through giving her the air of a faery. A long train followed her and her jewelry was made up of white gold and opals. The tiara she wore around her forehead was white gold with an amethyst and diamond flower in the center with an opal teardrop hanging from it. Her veil was connected to it and hung low on her head. She opened her eyes and stared into Zelgadis' with a smile.

That was all the confidence he needed.

The wedding was majestic, grand, awe-inspiring, and any other synonym that is related. When they were saying their vows, Zelgadis' deep resonant voice moved everyone and Amelia's quiet words made them sigh. The exchange of rings had everyone present holding their breaths as Amelia looked up at Zelgadis with the love shining in her eyes unabashed. And when the priest proclaimed them "Man and Wife", and they kissed, everyone went wild! The thing is that while the close friends and family members and the people in the castle with several nobles had come to the actual ceremony, outside the palace walls they entire ceremony was being showed to the people of Seyruun. (That was why Zelgadis was really having a nervous breakdown.) So when he kissed the bride the people all went crazy and the shouts of congratulations and happiness for them shook the city.

Zelgadis and Amelia could only grin as they ran down the aisle and people threw flower petals at them. No one till this day still knows how they got out of Seyruun or, for that matter, where they went for their honeymoon, but they were back in about two months.

During that time Lina and Gourry had finally decided to settle down. They found a great house in Seyruun that King Phil paid for as a wedding present. Filia, Xellos, Jillas and Havran decided to move to Seyruun too (it had been Filia's idea, Xellos had been against it, Jillas had never been to the city and wanted to and then Filia made a very good argument). "Havran has to grow up with friends and family members around him! And everyone but Sylphiel and Harry live in Seyruun!" And that was the end of that argument. Clearly, Sylphiel and Harry stayed in the country house of the Loubrev's and Gabriev's near Sairaag, and as for Luna and Val… No one knew where they were living but they did seem to pop up constantly.

By now, Vivienne, Razelle and Morganna were very content with the outcome of their little endeavor. Their older brother, the Water Dragon King, applauded their efforts and success. Their aunt, the Lord of Nightmares, congratulated them heartily and seemed very pleased indeed. And as for the Fire Dragon King, Sefiede, He only rolled His eyes and wondered what was going to keep these three entertained now that the story had finally come to an end.

Oh, yes…He murmured. The epilogue.