Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ A Party ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Party

After the most exciting bath of her life, Amelia left to her room to get dressed for the party. Zelgadis only sighed as he entered his own room, a naughty smile playing on his lips as he remembered the bath. When was the last time a bath had been…mmmm…that enjoyable? He opened his eyes, the nude Amelia still present in his line of sight despite the fact he had opened his eyes and he wasn't trying to envision her on purpose. How had that justice-loving nymph creep into his heart? He shook his head and turned his attention to his room.

He noticed something immediately. On his bed was the clothing he was supposed to wear to the party. He wondered about Amelia sometimes. She wanted him to go to the party with her, but she wasn't pouting or hounding him. She just accepted his decision. He shook his head again. He could see her plot. She was slowly and effortlessly cracking his defenses. And she was doing a damn good job of it too.

Zelgadis looked down at the dark blue evening clothes and wondered if he should come. It would definitely surprise her. He suddenly smiled. He wondered what excuse she would give Phil. She sure had a good imagination. The naughty smile was back. A very vivid and creative imagination.

A knock on the door suddenly snapped him from his thoughts. When he opened the door he was struck speechless. Amelia was standing before him looking to the sides quickly before she rushed by him. His eyes followed her, his jaw still slack as he slowly closed the door.

If he had thought she was desirable in her sorceress outfit…then she was downright exquisite in this light violet, almost white, dress. The dress molded around all her curves like a second skin till about her knees where it flared a bit to create a small train. The dress was off-shoulder and was completely embroidered with silvery vines, only the sleeves were not embroidered and they were long and billowy. She wore a gray pearl and amethyst necklace with matching earrings and a matching tiara.

Zelgadis didn't know what hit him. She was just… She looked up at him with a smile and turned around. Zelgadis felt his body harden as he gazed at her exposed nape and back. The dress was still unzipped…and the zipper went all the way down to the small of her back. He gulped as he tried to control his racing heart and the sudden rush of desire that overwhelmed him.

"Zelgadis? Could you zip me up please? I have to hurry. All the other servants are already working at the party and I can't reach the zipper very well."

He blinked for a beat before he approached her from behind and let his fingers settle on the zipper. He could feel the heat and softness of her flesh even though he wasn't even touching her yet. His breath moved the hair at her nape, he was so close. He could smell the sweet bath scent she had used and he could also smell the heat in her starting to build as her body became aware of how close his was. Zelgadis swallowed again. Who would have ever thought that zipping up a zipper could be so erotic?

He slowly began to zip her up when the flesh of his fingers touched her silky back. When she gasped his eyes grew hooded. All the servants were at the party, huh? That's a lot of servants. He smiled, knowing her game. Then he would play his hand.

Amelia suddenly felt him press himself closer to her, one of his hands sliding around her till it rested on her belly. He pushed her against him as he slowly zipped up the zipper, letting his fingers drag up her spine. She shook slightly in his arms, her breathing growing heavy and her eyes darkening. She felt his hot breath against the nape of her neck and could almost feel his lips. His hand then began to caress her belly and then lower, pressing her even more tightly against him until she could feel his hardened body against the crux of her. The heat in her escalated at an alarming rate, driving her mad. Eventually as the zipper continued to go up, so did his hand.

When she finally noticed that he was almost done zipping her up, his caressing hand suddenly grew more bold and he cupped one of her breasts, kneading her as his lips and tongue finally met the nape of her neck. Amelia gave a low moan and the moment Zelgadis finished with the zipper he turned her around for a hot kiss, pressing her against him. Within milliseconds she was lost in him and the only thing she wanted to do was to strip him down and to get out the confining clothes he had just fastened.

Zelgadis eventually pulled away before he could go over the edge, and stared down into her dazed, glazed over eyes. His eyes were hooded as he looked at her swollen lips. "Serves you right for tormenting me like that."

Amelia blinked, slowly gaining back her perspective. When her senses cleared somewhat and what he had said registered she only grinned at him. "Well, it worked didn't it?"

Zelgadis rolled his eyes and pulled out of the embrace. He smiled into her eyes. "You better go or you'll be late. People are already going to be wondering what on earth you did to yourself to get such a look on your face."

She grinned. "Let them wonder." She smiled naughtily up at him and gave him a brief kiss before turning and rushing out of the room.

He only stared after her, her kiss still lingering on his lips. His heart was still pounding madly in his chest. He blinked and looked down into his hand, a rueful smile twisting on his face. HOW THE HELL DID AMELIA OF ALL PEOPLE END UP DOING THIS TO ME?! He flopped down on the bed, still marveled at the concept. Amelia. Amelia. Justice-loving, lecture-spouting, daddy's girl. How?! Was it her self-less attitude? Was it her complete lack of princess-like poutiness? Was it the fact that both she and he had been caught up in Lina's crazy schemes? Was it their almost telepathic communication whenever they fought together? What was it?! He didn't rightly know, but all he knew was that it had been powerful as hell and it had sucked him in but good. That lively smile and willful spirit and called to him and he had just obediently succumbed to it. He grinned wickedly. And he happily succumbed to it.

The smile was still on his face when his hand suddenly felt the dark blue suit that had been laid out for him to where to the party. He looked at it for a moment and a suddenly flash of Amelia in her dress came across his mind. But it was the picture that followed that put him into a foul mood. Amelia was looking especially lovely this night (and `especially lovely' was putting it mildly), and there sure as hell were probably plenty of men at the party that would only be too eager to dance with her. He growled, but then another picture formed in his mind of himself in the suit dancing with the magnificent Amelia. That put him right back into a good mood and officially convinced him to make a surprise appearance at the party he was supposedly not supposed to attend.

Meanwhile at the party…

"I regret to inform everyone that Zelgadis Greywords will not be coming to the engagement party. He is exhausted from the long trip and has asked to rest a while longer. Considering all of the recent events, I would have to agree with him. I, myself, almost postponed this engagement party because of my own exhaustion, but I knew the sooner the better! Well, I believe that is all for my speech and I bid you all to enjoy yourselves, for this is the celebration of my daughter's engagement!"

Everyone applauded wildly, though many of the people were disappointed that Zelgadis wouldn't come. But immediately after being disappointed a friend pointed out the fact that he wasn't very good with people because of his physical predicament of being half demon. Everyone who was disappointed knew this to be true and quickly pardoned him. After all, it was understandable.

Amelia grinned as court lords (admirers) and court ladies (admirers of Zelgadis) surrounded her. They were constantly asking questions about her relationship with Zelgadis and she rolled her eyes. Who would have thought that just one little bit of gossip would have spawned all of this? Her dance card was quickly filled and she sighed. If only Zelgadis had decided to come anyway. She wanted to dance at least once with him. She shook her head. It didn't really matter, Zel wasn't a people person and probably never would be. She loved him no matter what. She sighed again.

But I'd still like to dance with him.

"Wishing Zelgadis had gotten up the nerve to actually show, huh, girlfriend?"

Amelia abruptly looked up and looked into flashing red eyes and an evil grin. "Miss Luna?"

Val appeared from behind Luna with a smile and handed her a cup of punch. Luna took a long drawl and grinned. "Ahhh… I spiked it just the right amount. Thanks, Val, love. Want a cup, Amelia?"

Amelia just shook her head. "No, not really. But why are you both here?"

Luna grinned. "I'm still on vacation. So I figured I'd crash your engagement party."

Val chuckled. "Actually, I think Luna was just looking for an excuse to not go back to any kind of work. Not for the Fire Dragon King or any other employer."

Amelia nodded. "Now, that sounds more believable."

Luna just shrugged and the band struck up another tune. "Oh, Val! I want to dance this one! Here, Amelia girlfriend, hold these. Come on, Val!"

Val just sighed as Luna pulled him onto the dance floor, but he sighed with a smile. Amelia smiled back and then looked at the punch with an eyebrow lifted. What was she going to do with these? She got up and began to look around for a waiter to put the cups on his tray, when she suddenly ran into a familiar face dressed all in black.

"I had no idea you liked spiked punch so much, Amelia."

Amelia just grinned and put both glasses on the waiter that passed by. "Mr. Xellos! How are you? I thought you and Miss Filia had gone home."

Filia suddenly appeared beside Xellos in a beautiful strapless beige gown. "We were heading home, when we heard about your engagement party. So Xellos teleported home to tell Jillas about it and then we made the detour here. Oh, and the rumors that have been flying around about you and Mr. Zelgadis… How did anyone ever find out about all those details?"

"Someone probably eavesdropped on one of their conversations, Filia. That's the easiest way to do it." (Is it just me or does Xellos sometimes know a little too much…Hmmm… O_o)

"That's true."

Amelia just shook her head. "What about Havran? Is he here too?"

"Oh no!" Filia said with a laugh. "We left Havran at home with Jillas. We need our breaks from time to time, right Xellos, dear?"

"Of course, Filia."

Amelia smiled. "Well, have fun you two. Enjoy the party."

Filia stopped her. "Miss Amelia?"

"Yes, Miss Filia?"

"Where is Mr. Zelgadis? Isn't this an engagement party for the two of you? Where is he?"

"Filia," Xellos interrupted. "You know how Zelgadis is. He isn't good with people. This would be the worst place for him."

"I suppose so."

Amelia just shook her head and waved to them as she headed to one of the balconies. When she got outside she gave a light sigh. Even with Val, Luna, Xellos and Filia here, it still wasn't the same as having Zelgadis around. Maybe she should just sneak back to his room so they could finish what they had started earlier.

"Only an hour apart and you're already missing me."

Amelia turned quickly and gazed up at Zelgadis who was standing on the balcony railing in the dark blue suit she had chosen out for him. Her heart was stuck in her throat. He looked fifty times more sexy in that suit that she could have possibly dreamed. He jumped down from the railing and approached her. He had pulled his silky lavender hair back into a low ponytail and his every movement towards her affected her senses. When he finally stood directly in front of her, her breath caught.

"Zelgadis Greywords," Amelia said huskily.

He lifted an eyebrow and smiled. "Yes?"

"You're devastating my humble senses and I know if you go back in there with me I'm going to have to beat off all the women in there with a stick! So will you please dance with me?"

He looked at her dance card. "I think it's full."

Amelia tossed it over the railing. Zelgadis gave a throaty chuckle.

"What the hell are you two waiting for?"

They both turned to the entrance of the balcony where Lina stood, leaning against Gourry. Lina was wearing an elegant bright red Chinese dress and Gourry was wearing a blue suit. Gourry waved at the two of them as Lina rolled her eyes. "You two are just sad! Would you get your butts in there and dance already! A great song is starting. I want to see Zel's talent at dancing!"

Amelia sighed. "Miss Lina, when did you two get here?"

Lina grinned. "A little while ago. Gourry and I are staying at the Sandman Hotel, it's the best in Seyruun! We heard about all the gossip you both created and then about the engagement party. Like we were going to pass that up, right, Gourry?"

Gourry nodded. "Besides, the food is great! Phil always orders the greatest food in all of Seyruun."

"Oh, course he does, Jellyfish brains. He's the King of Seyruun after all isn't he."

The music suddenly started up again and Lina and Gourry rushed in Zelgadis and Amelia shrugging and following them. When they entered everyone turned to the princess and to the warrior sorcerer. Amelia and Zelgadis just ignored them and danced to their hearts content, all their friends cheering them on.

Amelia danced with no one else that night but Zelgadis, and, for the first time, he didn't care about the people around him. The only one who had his attention was the woman in his arms.