Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Labyrinth ❯ Sore wa... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Labyrinth
A Slayers/Labyrinth Crossover
By Sakura
Chapter Two
"Sore wa..."
        Lina, concerned by her sister's sudden silence, flipped the light switch back on and tip-toed to the baby's crib. "Amelia?" she said quietly. There was no movement from the flannel pink blanket she had placed over her. Not even a sign of a tiny chest moving up and down as it breathed.
        Truly frightened now, she slowly removed the blanket only to find that the baby was gone. She let out a blood curdling shriek as the storm outside began to pick up again. "Luna's gonna kill me!!!" She frantically looked all over the nursery, under furniture and in dark corners, hoping to find her baby sister, happily playing at some games only babies play.
Movement in one of the far corners caught her eye and she leapt toward it. "There you are, you little brat!" When she reached the corner, a hideous disfigured creature jumped at her, laughing. Lina screamed and frantically waved her arms to shoo it away, knocking it clear across the room in the process. She took a better look at it, now that it had been knocked unconscious.
        It was a baby sized mazoku. She prodded it with one foot and it began to stir. Jumping back, Lina began to regret what she had said in anger only moments before. For some reason, her selfish wish had been granted and now her sister was in the clutches of the mazoku.
        A soft chuckle made her turn around and thus taking her eyes off the tiny mazoku. The moment Lina's back was turned, it quickly vanished back to whence it came, laughing all the way. She stared at the purple haired man who had somehow managed to sneak into her house unnoticed.
        He was dressed in a tailored purple business suit with a vest and shirt several shades lighter than the jacket and pants he was wearing. He had a rather pleased smile on his face. His eyes were closed and she was getting a very uneasy feeling from him.
        "You're him, aren't you? The mazoku lord," she said timidly. His smile broadened, obviously enjoying her fear.
        "Xellos Metallium, he said as he bowed with mock politeness. "You did the right thing by calling on me, Lina-chan. A powerful sorceress like yourself shouldn't be saddled with a brat like that. Am I right? Now you have time to perfect your magic."
        "Listen, I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, I am really, but can I have my baby sister," she said smiling with puppy dog eyes and clutching her stuffed fox. "Please?"
        Unfortunately, Xellos was immune to puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry, Lina-chan, but what's done is done."
        "B-but I-I really didn't mean it!"
        Xellos smirked at her. "Oh did you now?"
        "Pleeeaaaase give her back," she pleaded. "Where is she?"
        "Sore wa himitsu desu," he replied, wagging his finger.
        Having her sister abducted had been murder on her nerves and she was getting nowhere with this unreasonable man. Lina lunged at the mazoku lord ready to put him into a rather nasty headlock. Seeing he was somewhat in danger, Xellos stepped aside at the last possible moment, causing Lina to fall flat on her face.
        As much as he'd like to let her torture him, he had more pressing business to attend to. More specifically, he had a baby to mazokuize. "Lina-chan, don't you have spells to study? Or would you prefer to get yourself a nice snack?" he asked helping the redhead to her feet. "Forget about Amelia, she'll be just fine." She was almost tempted to do just that forget all this nonsense and fix something for her shattered nerves, but she knew couldn't live herself if she didn't get her sister back.
        His voice was about to affect her in a odd way. Its silky tones sent chills up and down her spine in a way she'd never felt before. And she found she liked it, but she couldn't let it get in the way of getting Amelia back.
        "I-I can't," she said checking her face for any disfigurement. She had hit the floor pretty hard.
        "Ne, Lina-chan, I've brought you a present," he said, pulling a golden ball out of the air.
"What is it?" she asked, dollar signs popping up in her eyes. She could not take them off the shiny bauble.
        "Oh nothing. Just the Claire Bible. If you look into it, you'd be able to learn every spell you could ever imagine," he said holding the ball out before her.
        His smirk reappeared as her eyes widened again and her mouth dropped open on its own accord. As if she were in a trance, Lina made to grab the shiny ball. Xellos cruelly yanked it away.
        "However, this isn't for girls who take care of screaming babies while their parents go out and have all the fun." Lina's eyes went from the ball to the still empty crib and back again. "Do you want it?" he asked, his voice husky and purring.
        There was that feeling again. It was almost like being wrapped in the softest velvet listening to him. She looked at him and she began to notice how handsome he looked in that suit. She blushed at the thought. His eyes were half open now, black slitted pupils surrounded by deep amethyst peeked out from the lashes. She hesitantly took a step toward him.
        "Then forget about that brat," he said using the same husky, purring tone again.
        Suddenly a bolt of lightning flooded the dark room, followed by a crash of thunder, snapping Lina out of her trance.
        "I won't," she said determinedly, "It's not that I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather learn on my own. And I'd like my sister back."
        "Lina..." he warned, taking the tie off his neck. As he threw it at her, it turned into a snake and wrapped itself around her neck. "Don't defy me."
        Clutching at her neck, she managed to get the snake off only see that it had turned into a scarf. It began to move and fearing the snake was still in it, the girl threw it to the floor. It broke into a thousand pieces and hundreds of tiny misshapen mazoku scrambled about the from as they burst from the pieces. Some of them had run between her legs and she let out a bloodcurdling shriek, kicking at them.
        Xellos chuckled at the human girl's frantic actions. "Face it Lina-chan. You're no match for me. Especially when you can hardly manage a simple fireball spell. Forget about the baby and take my offer. There won't be another chance." She winced when he said that. He had to rub it in, didn't he.
        "No way, namagomi! I learned that spell on my own and I can and will learn more on my own! Also I want Amelia back, NOW! So tell me where the hell she is!"
        "Yare, yare, Lina-chan. What a demanding human you are. You don't even know where to look do you?"
        "Just tell me where she is already!" she yelled. This time she managed to get the mazoku lord into a headlock and began to give him the ultimate in noogie torture.
        "She-she's there," he said pointing behind them.
        Lina turned not letting go of the purple haired man. Her eyes widened and her jaw hit the ground again. Where a window had once been was a hill and a vast valley beyond it. The valley's one feature was a huge labyrinth. The maze stretched as far as she could see and she could see no visible end to it. In what she hoped was the center, a large castle loomed over the labyrinth like a lone sentinel.
        "Do you still want to look for her?" he asked softly in her ear, his hands around her petite waist.
        Lina jumped, only just then realizing that she had let go of him while she stared at the sight. Then she proceeded to slap him silly. Once she'd gotten her point across, which was: touch me again, you hentai and you're dead, she went back to staring at the labyrinth.
        When he recovered from the girl's sound bashing, he repeated his question. "H-hai she said, swallowing the lump she had suddenly developed. So intimidating was the view. "She's in that castle, right?" She prayed she was right. There was no way she'd find Amelia in all that.
        "Clever girl," he said caressing the pink stains on his cheeks. Xellos grabbed hold of her and spun her around gently so they could be face to face. She gasped in shock when she saw they were no longer in her house and now stood on the hilltop. "Turn back, Lina-chan. Go back before it's too late," he said, his voice gentle.
        "I can't," was all she could say.
        "What a shame," he said sounding almost as if he truly meant it.
        The girl took one last look at the labyrinth and attempted to gauge the distance from the hill to the castle. "It doesn't look that far," she said with false bravado.
        "It's harder than you think and there's not that much time," he said and pointed to a nearby tree. She turned and saw what looked like a ornately carved cuckoo clock. On its face were the numbers one to thirteen. "Unless you reach my castle and find Amelia within thirteen hours, your baby sister will become one of my subjects."
        "Your subjects?" she repeated, swallowing another lump.
        "Forever," he said with such finality. "Such a pity."
        Lina turned to face him, and found that the mazoku lord had vanished, leaving her alone to figure out just where in the world to begin. Sighing, she said, "No use wasting time here. Get your butt moving, Inverse!" With that she started jogging down the hill toward her destiny.
 
 
Xel: Yare, yare, Sakura-chan that was short.
Sakura: Blame it on the holidays. I had a whole lotta stuff to do. I was the one who got stuck buying all that Pokemon stuff for my cousins. I promise the next one'll be longer. Honest. ^_^ And a new cast member joins us.
Xel: Oooh goody. Who? ^_^
Sakura: Sore wa himitsu desu. ^_^ Sorry couldn't resist saying that. Anyhoo it's everyone's
pessimistic yet lovable chimera Zel!
Zel: I read the book you gave me and I. Am. Not. Playing. A. Dwarf.
Sakura: I never said you were playing one, Zel. All I said was that you'll be playing the part of a semi-dubious character who winds up befriending the heroine.
Xel: Besides, you get to kiss Lina.
Sakura: Actually she kisses him. ^_-
Lina: Sakura-san!!! You never said I had to kiss anyone!!!!!
Xel: Didn't read the book, did you?
Lina: I skimmed over it a little. But no way am I kissing anyone!
Zel: Exactly. I'd rather kiss a mazoku.
Xel: Oh Zel-chan! I didn't think you cared!
Zel: Gyahh! Get it off me! I'm outta here.
Xel: Zel, koibito come back!!!
Sakura: Yare, yare. 'Til next time kiddies. Same bat time, same bat channel.
 
C&C always welcome at Firia@linainverse.net. Come on minna! You guys haven't been writing much. So pleeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me what you think! I'd looooooove to hear from you. ^_^