Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Labyrinth ❯ Fangirls, Bishounen, and Apples, Oh My! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Labyrinth
A Slayers/Labyrinth Crossover
By Sakura
 
Chapter Nine
Fangirls, Bishounen, and Apples, Oh My!
 
        Lina and Zelgadis slid down a chute which spat them out onto a rather narrow ledge. All right, it was barely wide enough for a body to walk along. Luckily, the chimera had gone first and he had landed the right way and was now helping the girl to steady herself.
        As she stood panting, Zelgadis silently fumed. He really didn't regret being kissed, but he did regret ever coming to this insane place. 'Damn curse!' he swore. 'Damn obsession of mine!'
        Once they recovered, the two friends cautiously began to make their way along the high ledge. Neither of them wanted to even know just how high they were. The ledge narrowed even more a few feet ahead in each direction, the stones that made up the path were worn and loose. The chimera stepped on one of these stones and the ledge crumbled under his weight. He let out a loud yell and Lina made a grab for him.
        She tried to pull him back up, but he was too heavy due to the fact that he was one-third golem. Sighing heavily, Zelgadis cast a spell. "Ray Wing," he said calmly then floated over to the other side of the gap he created. Mentally kicking herself yet again, Lina followed suit.
When they were safe again on a slightly wider spot, the chimera glared at he petite redhead next to him. "Why did you have to do that?" he asked, not grateful for the failed attempt of help.
        "Do what? Try to rescue you?" she asked back. "Don't worry I won't even bother next time," she added with a huff.
        "You kissed me!" True to his word, Xellos had indeed punished his servant for that one little kiss.
        She blushed as she remembered what they - she - was doing before the ground opened up and sucked them in. "I was only thanking you," she said. "You're the one who came back to save me, remember?"
        "I did not," he protested. "I only wanted to get my money back, which you stole by the way."
        "Uh-huh, right. Whatever. Well thanks any way, Zel."
        The chimera began to blush and shift his feet nervously, forgetting that they weren't exactly entirely safe. He had to figure out a way to give her that apple without being suspicious. As he was thinking, the stones under them crumbled again and they found themselves tossed head over heels and falling through the air.
        Expecting to die a horrible death at the end of the fall, Lina was completely and pleasantly surprised when she landed on something cool and soft. Looking around, she saw she was in a large hall of some sort. The room was the size of a football field and she was in the middle of it. Cushions of silk and satin practically covered every inch of the floor. The only visible exit was a set of large double doors and she guessed they were locked.
        Several gorgeous men of various ages lay on some of the cushions. They were all scantily clothed and she felt her cheeks turn bright red. They looked at her and backed away not sure if she was one of their tormentors or not. Not too far from her was a familiar blond bishounen. "Gourry!" she squealed, glomping him. (This is for all you Lina/Gourry supporters) The other bishounen in the room scattered to the far corners of the hall, not wanting to be glomped by another insane female.
        "NO MORE GIRLS!!!!!" the blond screamed, forcing himself free of Lina's death grip hug.
        "It's okay, Gourry. It's me, Lina, remember?" she said, perplexed at her friend's odd behavior. Then she blushed when she noticed he was clad only in a pair of blue speedos. (A little something for you Gourry girls -_^)
        "Oh hi, Lina," he said relieved that the 'girls haven't come back yet.
        "Would you please get off me?" asked a slightly nasal voice. During his mad dash for escape, Gourry had landed on top of the chimera, their legs winding up being tangled. (Here's a tidbit for all you Gourry/Zel supporters. Aren't I a nice miko?) Both men blushed then quickly untangled themselves. (Aww, shucks! And it was getting good too. -_-)
        "Um sorry -" the blond swordsman said searching for a name.
        "That's my friend, Zelgadis," Lina said explainingt o the vacant headed blond. "Oh, okay."
        "Zel, this is Gourry, a friend," she said introducing him.
        "I thought I was your friend," the chimera said a bit jealous.
        "You're both my friends," she replied somewhat amused at Zelgadis' apparent jealousy.
        Zelgadis wanted to say something more when his super enhanced hearing picked up the sound of many approaching feet. "Oh no!" he cried and the other captive bishounen began to echo the cry when some of the better listeners also heard doom approaching.
        "What's wrong?" Lina and Gourry asked.
        "It's them. The Rabid Fangirls," said a tall red haired man with violet eyes. He definitely did not want to be there.
        "You're a gonner now Stone Boy," remarked a braided boy with extremely long chestnut hair.
        "You shut up, Death Boy," Zelgadis retorted.
        "Oi! Look there's another door!" Lina said pointing across from where she sat, not even bothering to question its sudden appearance.
        The three of them ran for the door, ignoring the various pleas and warnings from the bishounen. Lina was about to turn the knob when there was a small explosion and was knocked back.
        Blocking their only means of safety, was a short red fox mazoku. An eyepatch covered his left eye. "Halt thieves!" he shouted, "None shall pass!"
        "Oh for crying out loud! We've gotta get out of here," the girl objected.
        "I'm sorry, kid, but no one is allowed beyond this room. I swore an oath to Xellos-sama." The fox then took out a small bomb, prepared to use it again if these fools wouldn't listen.
        "Who are you?" Gourry asked, not remembering if he'd seen the fox before or not.
        "I'm Jiiras of the Red Fox tribe," he replied, proudly, "And I have sworn to protect this door with my life!" He threw the bomb and they ducked. It landed where Lina had been sitting before, fizzled a bit then went out. "Oops forgot about that dud," Jiiras said sheepishly.
        "Look Jiiras-san," the red haired girl started, "We really have to get out of here before those Fangirls show up." Just then, they could hear the faint sound of giggling and arguing coming down the hall outside.
        "Please!" the three pleaded.
        "Fangirls?" the fox asked confused. "I know nothing about any girls."
        "Can't you see all these bishounen in here?!" Lina asked, frantic now.
        "I don't see anyone 'cept you three," Jiiras said glancing over the hall.
        "You've got to be kidding," she said to him.
        "My eye's the best around! I see no bishounen just his majesty's treasure," was the fox's reply.
        "I'm getting out of here!" Zelgadis said and made for the door, knocking Jiiras aside and opening it. Once the way out was secured, the chimera dashed through and slammed the door in the blond's face.
        "Hey!!!" he said, hurt.
        "Look buddy, we're in mortal danger here," Lina said grabbing the fox mazoku and lifted him off his feet.
        "Um... what was that oath you swore?" Gourry asked, suddenly remembering that Jiiras had mentioned an oath.
        Clearing his throat, the fox said proudly, "I have sworn, with my life, that no one shall leave this room without my permission."
        "Well then, can we have your permission?" the blond asked, in a moment of pure genius.
At the other end of the hall, a key was being fit to the lock and one of the handles began to slowly turn. The Fangirls loved to torment the poor bishounen inside.
        "Please?" Lina urged and using her best lost puppy look.
        The fox considered the request for a moment then said, "Um... okay," then stepped aside to allow them passage.
        The girl and nearly nekkid swordsman shot through the door after uttering a swift 'Thank you'. Just at that moment, hundreds upon hundreds of girls and young women stormed through the double doors on the other end. They then immediately began to glomp the bishounen who were not lucky enough to find hiding places in the shadows.
 
        They were standing outside a domed building surrounded by a forest. Thrilled they had escaped a fate worse than death, Lina and Gourry heaved sighs of relief. "That sure was close. I never wanna go through anything like that again," said the redhead.
        "Go through what?" Gourry asked, innocently.
        Choosing to ignore him this time, she just pulled him along. "Let's get going, Gourry. I'm almost out of time."
        "For what?"
        "Arrrgh!!" she roared in frustration.
        "Um, you guys need any help?" asked Jiiras, who'd just popped through the door.
        "Where'd you come from?!" Lina asked. "Nevermind. You wouldn't happen to know the way to Xellos' castle do you?"
        "I sure do!" the fox crowed, "Are you going to pay his majesty a visit?"
        "You could say that," she said, grinning evilly. 'Yatta! Finally a real guide!' The petite girl grabbed him and pushed the fox mazoku in front of them. "Lead on Jiiras-san," she ordered.
        The three began to walk along the path, forgetting the chimera sulking among the tree shadows. The pulled out the apple Xellos had given him, looking at it as if it were one of Jiiras' bombs. He was about to chuck it away when he heard the Mazoku King's voice on the wind. "Uh-uh-uh Zel-chan. Bad chimera!" Zelgadis could almost see his lord standing there, wagging a finger at him, then he imagined his hands around the king's neck, squeezing it ever so slowly.
        "Yare, yare, and people say I'm a hentai," Xellos chuckled.
        "I can't do it," the chimera complained, "I can't give Lina this."
        The door to the Fangirls' domain opened and Xellos phased into view. "Oh ladies, Zel-chan's come for a visit!" he said gleefully.
        There were loud cries of "Xellos-sama!!!", "Zel-chan!!!", and "Fresh Meat!!!!" then a cloud of dust appeared as the girls headed for the door. The chimera quickly shut it again and ran to join Lina and company.
        "Okay! Okay! I'll do it!" he yelled over his shoulder.
        "It's soooo hard to get good help these days," Xellos said ruefully then returned to his castle to prepare for a very special visitor.
 
        Lina's stomach voiced its opinion of the passage of time. "Say Lina," Gourry piped up, "I'm kinda hungry too you got anything to eat?" The girl shook her head mournfully, then looked at Zelgadis, hoping he might have something on him, which in fact he did.
        Sighing, he handed Lina the red, juicy apple he so wanted to be rid of. "Here," he said looking away. He did not want to see the redhead's demise.
        "Thanks a heap, Zel!" With that, she greedily bit into the fruit with a loud crunch, which made the chimera wince. She ignored Gourry's hungry and plaintive stares. "Geberon (Get your own)," she said around the red morsel.
        "I have some beef jerky," Jiiras said not desiring to be drowned by Gourry's drool. Gourry snatched the pack of Slim Jims before they were even out of the fox's pouch.
        Lina suddenly felt strange and leaned against a tree as she began to feel light-headed. "You gave me a rotten apple, Stone Boy," she said, slowly sliding down to the ground for her legs refused to support her weight. "Everything's spinning."
        "I knew it!" Zelgadis said, then ran off into the trees. "Damn you Xellos!!! Damn you to Hell!!!! And damn me too!" Tears began to water the soil below his feet as the chimera mourned the loss of his only friend.
 
        Had it been an ordinary rotten apple, Lina would have recovered by now and walking along with Jiiras and Gourry, but it wasn't. For she had forgotten just who Jiiras and Gourry were. She couldn't even remember what it was she was doing in the forest in the first place. She tried to remember, but it hurt her head and eyes too much so she just decided to take a little nap instead. She was tired and near exhaustion from the day's events, whatever they were.
        The apple fell from her hand and landed with a soft thunk on the dead leaves covering the ground. She thought she heard soft music start to play and she smiled, humming to herself along with the tune.
 
 
Sakura: Awwww man!! I still gotta wait for my favorite part! ;_;
 
Xel: Which is?
 
Sakura: Sore wa himitsu desu. ^_^
 
Lina: Great now there's two of 'em.
 
Sakura: Oi! At least I didn't sic the 'girls on you! Or make you kiss Noonsa.
 
Noonsa: Hey baby how about a nice, deep kiss?!
 
Lina: Eeeeeyaaaaa!!! I'm outta here! (runs like a bat out of Hell)
 
Sakura: Oh well, at least I got this part done in time.
 
Xel: Barely. And this one's not as long as usual.
 
Sakura: Oh yeah? Well whose idea was it to start Chrono Cross over again when I goofed up with the GS codes? Hmmm? (VEG)
 
Xel: Eep! Uh.... Coming, mistress!!
 
Sakura: You know the spiel minna, my fingers are killing me. Till then, same bat time, same bat channel! ^_-
 
Xel: Next time I finally have Lina-chan all to myself! (eg)  ^_^
 
Sakura: XELLOS!!!!! GIVE ME THAT MANUSCRIPT!!!!!!!!
 
C&C always welcome at Firia@linainverse.net. Come on minna! You guys haven't been writing much. So pleeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me what you think! I'd looooooove to hear from you. ^_^