Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Labyrinth ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Labyrinth
A Slayers/Labyrinth Crossover
By Sakura
 
Chapter Ten
 
        Xellos sat at the window in his chambers, a group of glass crystal balls twirling in his hands. Smiling he tossed one after another out the window, each floating effortlessly on the wind. He watched them as they faded from view. "Soon, Lina-chan. Very soon," he said softly, knowing victory was near.
 
 
        In the forest, Lina sleepily opened her eyes to find several bubbles floating around and above her. Gazing into one, she could see tiny figures dancing to a waltz. Suddenly a awfully familiar redheaded figure filled the bubble and she lost all conscious thought for a one tiny moment.
        But it was enough for the girl to vanish completely from the spot she'd been sitting.
 
 
        The red haired girl blinked to find herself standing at the entrance of an enormous ballroom. Glancing around she saw various people all wearing tuxedos and evening gowns. They were all masked as they filled the dance floor in the center. A few lingered on the sides idly chatting amongst themselves. She vaguely wondered if she should even be there, but quickly dismissed the thought as her reflection in the large mirror across from her caught her eye.
        She was wearing an emerald green ball gown of silk. The sleeves were off the shoulder and she blushed slightly at the low cut of the front. Her red hair was held back by sets of barrettes adorned with pearls and emeralds, their luster making her hair seem like spun copper threads. Around her bare neck was a very expensive looking necklace of diamonds and amethysts. A matching pair of earrings dangled from her ears. Her arms were covered with a pair of cut-off matching gloves, her fingers peeking out under the fabric. She noticed she was the only one without a mask.
        At first she couldn't believe it was her, but she was the only petite redhead there. Smiling to herself, obviously pleased with how she looked. She saw a food table off in the distance and began to head for it. After taking a couple steps, she stopped, thinking there was somewhere else she had to be. She furrowed her brow as she tried to remember what was so that made her want to leave such an elegant party as this.
        When she couldn't think of anything, the redhead shrugged her shoulders and headed back to her goal. The music stopped then started again, playing a waltz. She was about to reach for a delicious looking plate of hor d'ouvres when she felt someone brush up against her back and wrap his arms around her waist.
        "I knew you'd come," purred a seductive voice in her ear as the figure bent his head to place a kiss on her neck. Turning around she saw the host of the party, Xellos the Mazoku King, standing before her. He looked wonderfully handsome in the dark amethyst colored tuxedo he was wearing. The pants hugged his slim legs in all the right places. He was wearing a white shirt under the jacket, which was tucked in and held in place by a light violet cummerbund. A red rose on his lapel completed the ensemble. "You're beautiful, Lina-chan," he said removing the mask had been wearing and opened his eyes, revealing two jewels that matched the amethysts around her neck and dangling from her ears perfectly. "Very beautiful," he added as he ran a gloved hand across her cheek.
        Blushing, she murmured a thank you. For a moment she stared at the king wanting to say something, but looking into those eyes of his made her forget what it was she had wanted to say. He smiled at her seductively, making her blush even more.
        "How about a dance, my sweet?" he asked as the yet to be seen band began another soft, slow tune. She hesitated but only for a moment then let the handsome man lead her to the dance floor.
        The other couples parted a way for them and closed the gap as soon as they the center. Several of the female guests began to whisper amongst themselves jealously as the king began to dance with the petite girl. The two danced for what seemed an eternity. Time did not move for either of them.
        Slow song after slow song played and Lina not once complained of getting bored, tired or hungry. All she wanted was to stay in Xellos' arms as they moved around the dance floor. Even if she had wanted to stop, she wouldn't have been able to for the Mazoku King's arms were wrapped tightly, yet gently around her. There was no way he was going to let her go this time.
        Smiling to himself, the purple haired king silently counted the hours as the couples around them danced and slowly dissipated till they were the only two remaining dancers. His partner cared not to notice and put her head on his shoulder, starting to drift asleep. Somewhere a clock chimed, signaling the midnight hour, but his little Lina was sound asleep by then. Chuckling softly, Xellos picked her up and carried her up to his chambers.
        "Only one hour left, and you'll be mine, sweet Lina-chan." He gently laid her down onto the bed and summoned a female mazoku servant to undress her. He gently brushed away a stray lock of hair before placing a kiss on her lips. The red haired girl stirred a brief moment then went back to sleep, a huge grin on her face.
        Xellos left the room and went to check on Baby Amelia and to wait for the hour to pass. He had won. This one had fought far longer than any of the other girls who'd called on him before. He admired her for that, but she had been foolish enough to let her childish dreams take control. She should have known better than to tangle with him.
 
        Lina woke with a pounding headache. She struggled against the covers and forced herself to sit up. Instead of the forest she and her friends had been in earlier, she was in an elaborately furnished bedroom. The bed she was now sitting in was a four poster mahogany deal with black and purple satin sheets. 'Xellos' colors,' she thought idly.
        Then she remembered everything. She shot out of bed to open the door only to see that she was dressed only in a light pink silk nightgown.
        "Leaving so soon, pet?" came the voice of the very person she was so anxious to find. "I thought you were having a good time."
        Turning around, she saw the Mazoku King sitting on the bed, dressed in a purple velvet robe on top of a pair of black silk pj's. She looked at him, then at herself fearing the worst had happened. Xellos just smiled cheerfully, enjoying the girl's fear. "Please don't tell me we..." She couldn't finish the statement, the thought of sharing the same bed as the purple haired man both disgusted and excited her. He continued to smile at her.
        "W-what time is it?" she asked, already knowing what he'd say.
        "Time for you to admit defeat, I think," he replied coming up to her. She backed against the door, her hand frantically searching for the knob. "You're not afraid of me now are you?" he asked, smirking. "And here I thought you rather enjoyed my company, especially after last night."
        Her hand grasped the knob, but it refused to turn. The door for all she could tell was locked and she was trapped. He was now mere inches away from her, his cheerful smile never leaving his face. She tried desperately to remember what had happened after she bit the apple Zelgadis had given her.
        She remembered getting dizzy and lightheaded after the first bite and being forced to slump against a tree to steady herself. After that was a blur. She vaguely remembered someone playing a slow song and dancing with someone. 'It can't be! That was a dream! Wasn't it?' she thought. "K-keep away!"
        Xellos brushed his hand across her cheek. "I'm not as bad as you think I am, Lina-chan. I'm willing to make a deal with you."
        Having the king so close, was making her feel the things she felt when a handsome boy looked her way. "W-what kind of deal?" she stammered, but not from fear.
        Xellos decided to reel in his prize. "I'll return Amelia if you'll remain her in her place." Lina's eyes went wide. "Otherwise, I'll have to turn your baby sister into a mazoku. You did ask me to take her after all."
        Lina silently swore at her stupidity. She didn't want to stay with the king, but she also really didn't want the baby to become one of his mazoku. Also a tiny part of her screamed for her to accept. It was the part that was tired of being lonely, tired of never knowing what it was like to be loved. "Y-you promise n-not to hurt her?"
        He opened his eyes and she found herself wanting to lose herself in them. "You have my word," he said brushing his lips in the softest of kisses on her cheek.
        She considered her choices for a few brief moments then looked at Xellos, her body trembling slightly under his intense gaze. "I'll stay," she murmured.
        The king smiled triumphantly. "I knew you would, sweet," he said, "I promise you'll never regret this, love." He carefully wrapped his arms around her and kissed her passionately on the lips. Lina struggled the first few moments, then decided that being the Mazoku King's lover wasn't a bad choice compared to what he could have done to her.
        "Shall we go back to bed, pet? It's still rather early," he whispered into her ear as he bent his head to kiss her neck.
        The petite girl blushed, but let him sweep her up and carry her back to the bed. As he laid her down again, he gave her another mind-blowing kiss. This time he met no resistance. A smile crept over his face, Lina was learning fast. Soon she forgot the reason she'd been there in the first place and succumbed to the passion building inside her.
 
        Inside the nursery, Baby Amelia slept peacefully, dreaming of a purple haired king and a red haired princess with a temper as fiery as her hair.
 
~Owari~
 
 
Sakura: Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! It's over!!!!!! ;_;
 
Xel: There, there. You'll think of some more fun ways to play with Lina, Sakura-chan.
 
Lina: Don't encourage her!!!!!!
 
Sakura: Thank you, Xel-chan!!!! (glomps the mazoku) I can always count on you to cheer me up.
 
Xel: You're welcome.
 
Zel: Thank the gods, now I can go back to searching for a cure.
 
Xel: Oh leaving us so soon, Zel-chan?
 
Sakura: Yeah we still wanna play!!!! (eg)
 
Zel: Eep!! (runs like a BOOH)
 
Sakura: Well I guess it's time to go. Jya ne, minna-san! Hope you enjoyed the ficcie as much as I did!
 
C&C always welcome at Firia@linainverse.net. Come on minna! You guys haven't been writing much. So pleeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me what you think! I'd looooooove to hear from you. ^_^