Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: MYTHOS ❯ Evening: Lina's Mysterious Aunt ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**Disclaimer** don't own slayers chars or anything like that.why, if i did, don't u think i'd be writing episodes instead of fanfics? huh huh?

a/n: well, i'm back, thanks all so much for the reviews!! warning: things will get confusing here very shortly.

********************************************************* ******************* **

"Lina-chan, what's the matter?"

"You should know!"

Xellos stopped and cocked his head to the side, "What are you talking about?" He was really beginning to dislike this not knowning anything.

Lina stopped. Seathing, her body went stiff with rage, trembling, she answered him, "I'm talking about this whole war, you knew about all of this didn't you? Just what does Zelas, L-sama, want with me?"

Xellos stopped his mouth from opening, his purple eyes bugged out of his head, "Li-Li-chan-"

"Don't Li-chan me! I want to know why you've been putting me on. You know, normal humans don't lik being lied to!"

"Li-chan, I'm not lying to you! I'm really human," he shuddered at the thought, "Zelas wanted me to manipulate you but," Lina tapped her foot, waiting for an answer and Xellos began to sweat, and pulled at his collar.

"But what?"

"It seems that becoming human has it's own setback." Lina rolled her eyes.

.:~*~:.

Hours later found Lina and Xellos still meandering through the forest, taking care to stay off the path.

"Lina-chan...a human body is not meant to walk this much! How come we haven't come across a town yet?"

"You whine too much!" Lina didn't slow her pace at all, "We've been walking the border of Zephilia and the Elmekian Empire," Xellos gaped.

"Li-Li-chan!"

"Look," she stopped abruptly, "I'm tired and hungry, and miserable just as much as you, but don't you think I have a method to my madness?"

Xellos gave his trademark smil, "Nope, I thought you were just mad."

"FIREBALL"

The ball of flame shot from Lina's hand to Xellos's body before he had a chance to wipe the smile from his face.

Lina beemed, "My magic's all back and strong as ever eh Xellos! Xellos?" She sweatdropped at seeing him unconscious, "Oops, guess I overdid it a little."

.:~*~:.

Xellos blinked a few times, adjusting his eyes to the dim light, pain wracked his body when his mind came to consciouness. Almost immediately, he felt something warm on his head and he looked up to find Lina holding a warm, wet cloth on his forehead. She took if off and dunked it in a bowl on the floor next to his futon. Turning, she saw his eyes and smiled warmly.

"Li-chan, what-" Xellos instantly regretted his action of sitting up. Nausea caught up with him and dizzyness took over his min. Quickly finding a pot next to his bed, he set it on his lap, leaned over, and retched. Lina didn't flinch or look away, but patted and rubbed his back.

Finishing, he sat up, slowly this time, and wiped his mouth. Laying down, he scowled up at Lina, "What happed to me?"

"Well, I guess I kinda hit ya too hard with my magic, but you shouldn't have made me mad like that!"

Xellos shook his head.

"It shouldn't have affected you like that, Gourry can usually withstand a hit like that, but he's been human longer than you. I guess never being human before is quite and adjustment."

"I've been human before."

"Pardon?" Lina turned back to him from gathering the wet cloth and wringing it out in the bowl.

"I've been human before." Xellos looked her in the eyes, seeing beyond her body.

Nervously, Lina stood, "Well, I guess I should tell Anwyr you're awake, she'll want to look you over." Lina stood and ran out of the room.

Xellos watched her go with a small smile on his face, realizing for once, just how cute she really was.

.:~*~:.

Xellos lay down and rested while he allowed his body to catch up with his consciouness. Looking at the door every now and then, he sighed, "This is boring, does a human body really heal this slowly? I am reconsidering my allegiance to Zelas ever minute I'm like this." 'At least I could convince Lina I know nothing of this alleged war.' A frown crossed his face and the animosity he felt toward himself for holding this from Lina escalated. Staring at the cieling, he sighed again, "Perhaps another human emotion. There are so many, how do they name thme all?" His mind wandered as he sat, entranced by nothing in particular on the ceiling, before his eyes, he saw Lina, her vibrant red hair, shining in the spectacular sunlight, blood red eyes staring at him, holding a fond familiarity. Her graceful arms reached out to him, beckoning him to come to her, smililng he accepted, reaching his arms to receive her.

Rather suddenly, and unpleasantly, he was jerked back to reality as someone shook him, calling out his name. His breathing came in ragged gasps as he tried desperately to cling to the vision and still reside in reality.

"Young sir, are you ok? Lina, I told you he should have rested longer!"

"Anwyr, I'm sorry, but he insisted that he was fine aside from the..."

"Ahem, yes, well that is expected when happening upon the situation such as he had." The strange woman glared at Lina who, in turn, grinned sheepishly, with a hint of pride poking through.

Xellos looked up to the pair currently discussing his situation as if he wasn't there. Glancing up, he saw the strange woman and quickly took stock of her looks, a tall (although she was kneeling) woman with long, rust- colored hair. Her eyes shimmered rusty-brown, with a wisdom beyond her apparent age. High cheekbones and the notable absence of any blemishes, freckles, and wrinkles gabe her face the appearance that it was chisled expertly from a mass of creamy pale stone. The woman known as Anwyr was not exactly endowed in the chest area, such as Lina, but her slim body and smooth curves gave her body a perfect proportion. Finally, Xellos noticed she was garbed in a simple sky-blue sundress.

Touching her smooth hands to his forehead, she checked for a fever and, finding none, smiled. The smiled was intoxicating, for soon Xellos himself was smiling gratefully at her. Slowlyu, she spoke to him, her voice silky, like a mother talking to wounded child, "You have no apparent injuries aside from a few minor burns. Your fever has certainly broken, you'll be fine. I am called Anwyr, blood to Lina, may I ask how you are related?"

Xellos blinked a few times, trying to process the information, blood? What did that mean? "I-I am Xellos, fr-ah, acquaintance to Lina."

Lina noticed his confused expression and decided to speak up, "Anwyr, I don't think he knows what blood means to us."

"Oh how foolish of me! Blood means, how would you say it...relation!" Smacking her right fist onto her left palm, Anwyr's face conveyed that of accomplisment at remembering the title. However, once again, it contorted in thought, "Her mother was my...my..."

"Sister," Lina spoke for her alleged aunt.

Again, Xellos blinked a fewa times, "But I thought a human referred to their families with a term of respect, like Aunt or something of the sort."

"My dear young man, I am no where near human!"

Lina's palm smacked loudly on her forehead as Xellos's eyes bugged out of his head yet again.

"I-if you're not human, then what ARE you?"

Lina blinked, "I thought you knew..."

"How was I supposed to know? You never told anyone that I know of."

"Well you're a mazoku, they're supposed to know that stuff!"

"My apologies for not knowing every rave of beings on this, and every other, earth!"

Anwyr decided to intervene before the yelling reached a fever pitch, "Lina, go clean out Xellos's chamber pot please." The command stowed any vulgar reply Lina had.

Lina, in turn, screwed up her face looking at the pot in which Xellos had released his stomach in. Throwing a glance at Anwyr, and receiving no sympathy or condolence, she snatched up the pot and held it at arms length from her body. Glaring at Xellos, she slowly exited the small room, taking care not to spill anything on her or the floor, knowing full well Anwyr'd make her clean it up, something she didn't much feel like doing.

Once Lina was well out of the room, Anwyr turned upon Xellos, "KNow now Xellos, I have nothing against mazoku, they harm not me and I harm not them."

"But who are you? What race?" Desperately, Xellos tried to subdue the burning curiosity within him. Even as a mazoku, he knew not of what race this woman was, but looking at her now, he could see distinctive features that a human just didn't have; such as a tiny nose that twtiched whenever she tried to look superior, ears smaller than an average human's, and an unnatural glow radiating from her hair. Xellos blinked, how could he have missed it? The eyes, no human had red eyes like that of her or Lina.

Anwyr politely waited until she was ssure Xellos was finished thinking. "Yes, I am different, belonging to an endangered race known as the Lyr."

Xellos nodded dumbly.

"Now, as I've said, the Lyr have no grudge against the Mazoku, however," her eyes turned into a cold fire, "if you so much as lay one dishonest finger on Lina then I will seek you out and tear you limb from limb with my bare hands." Anwyr snarled, cracking her knuckles in demonstration, her eyes shining with promise that left no doubts in Xellos's mind.

A loud screech, a clang, and cursing, happening all at once, sounded from outside. Xellos stiffened more, if that were possible, and Anwyr rolled her eyes.

"I'd best get some bath water heated. Such a clutz!" She had reached the door before looking back to Xellos with a glare that pierced his soul. Snapping his eyes shut, he smiled and Anwyr quickly left.

"They won't take her, I will let them! By the sun, stars, and earth beneath me, L-sama will NOT have her!"

V/O: More confusion as the great war is known by everyone but me! Even an aunt I haven't seen in thirteen years knows more than I do. However, more questions come answered in the next episode:

Explosion!: Inferno of the Child of Chaos