Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: MYTHOS ❯ Mayhem: Of Sisters and Masters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**Disclaimer** don't own slayers chars or anything like that.why, if i did, don't u think i'd be writing episodes instead of fanfics? huh huh?

A/N: Welcome back! Wow, you must be pretty insane to be back. Na, just kidding. Anyway, thank you so much for all the reviews ppl, it's much appreciated. Hopefully in this chapter, the plot begins to develop, and some reasons are reveiled. *********************************************************************** Lina was rather rudely awoken by something yanking on her hair, pulling her up from her former position of laying on her back. The rude awakening was made twice as bad by the person sitting on her back, rendering her legs useless. Pain ripped through her lower back and neck due to her lack of ability to move while her head was being jerked backward at an angle it was not meant to go. Lina promised Xellos a slow, painful death soon as he got off of her.

"OI YOU IDIOT, SHE'S THE ONE I WANT ALIVE!!"

The man on top of Lina identified himself to be not Xellos by the sound of his voice when he replied, "Ah, but I was gonna have so much fun with'er!" Nope, definitely not Xellos, too deep, a bass voice, or at least teetering on the brink of a bass voice, like a boy reaching puberty.

The boy grumbled and purposly shoved Lina's face in the ground while standing. At that instant, she was running through all the possible ways to slowly go about the demise of this insolent boy.

Xellos was soon dumped next to her rather unceremoniously. Lina struggled but was soon able to look him in the face, and see his doofy grin in place. "Have a nice morning Lina-san?"

"Oh yes Xelly-chan, I just adore waking so early having my hair yanked and my head shoved in the mud!"

"Well, slightly better than me. Honestly, you humans, how do you live like this?"

Lina sweatdropped, suddenly noticing the bonds that held her and Xellos, "We don't normally wake up like this..." Suddenly, rage boiled over in Lina and she lashed out, "HOW DARE YOU BIND UP THE GREAT LINA INVERSE. IF I COULD, I'D BLOW YA ALL INTO OBLIVION, NOT EVEN L-SAMA'D FIND ALL YOUR PIECES!!!!!!!!"

Xellos sweatdropped, now he knew what Gourry meant when he said she could be like a wild animal. "All that lovely anger and none to feed off of."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY???" Fire burned in Lina's eyes with unspent anger. Xellos was afraid for the bandits if she was ever freed, and for himself as well.

Soon as she said this however, she was hoisted up by the collar of her cloak to look into the deep, dark blue eyes under the grey cloak of her captor, or the leader of them. He wasn't the same man as yesterday, but it had to be the leader, for he stood in the middle of the camp while his men beckoned him to allow them to take things. Mostly, he turned them down. Lina's nose twisted up in disgust despite her position, the cloak resembled that of an old, ratty rug, a very uncomfortable old, ratty rug. The fabric brushed against her skin and she bristled, it felt like sand paper, how could this guy wear it???

Suddenly, the eyes widened in some sort of discovery, "It is you! The Lord of Choas' avatar! But I never thought, such a small girl..."

"Hey! Who'er you calling a little girl?! Just lemme go and I'll show ya, wait, the Lord of Choas' avatar? What do ya mean, and what's with the bandits? WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?"

"Ahem, I have to be sorry for my rather rude associates yesterday, they were only meant to observe any person walking through the woods. Unfortunately, when they're pride is challenged, they tend to act upon it."

"Oh, that makes it all just fine then! And why should I pardon their rudeness and not yours? How bout I pardon NO rudeness and you just let me go eh?" Lina smirked definantly but sweatdropped when she heard, "But Lina- san, what about me?"

"Fine, him too." Lina sighed and Xellos beamed.

"I'm afraid, dearest, that I can't-"

"Can't what?" a strong female voice echoed across the little campsite, freezing everyone's actions. Lina went stiff, feeling glaring eyes on her back.

Quickly, the man flipped Lina around and held her at her waist and neck, again, she bristled as she felt the cloth, it felt as if it broke her skin. "Who are you and what is your business with my woman?"

"YOU'RE WHAT????" Lina squirmed violently, flailing her arms and legs.

"And who's to say I have any business with your woman? I have my business with another of your captors." She gestured to the man staring at the clouds waiting for this encounter to end. He picked his head up and smiled;

"Well hullo Zelas. I'd assume I don't have to refer to you as master until my time here is over?"

The woman glared at him then turned to the man, "Do as you wish with her, but leave him to be a human for a while longer."

The man shrugged and hefted Lina over his shoulder, "Whatever you say lady, he's of no significance to me." Lina screamed and tried to kick at him with her legs, but he seemed oblivious to the blows. * Just as Lina and her captors disappeared into the woods, her cries going silent as a silencing spell was cast upon her, Xellos was freed. He jumped up, ready to go after them, but he was violently pulled back by Zelas, "You are here for a reason, do not disappoint me! Or you may never come back."

Xellos stiffened and frowned, turning toward her before she disappeared. Just as she did, he whispered, "I may not want to come back." Into the woods he dashed. ~*~ All day, through wood and meadow the little party traveled, Lina being extremely uncomfortable. The man in the gray cloak would not put her down except for the times when her bladder called to her for relief. She was very happy to find that her 'time of the month' has receded into her light time; she would be getting her magic back shortly, and it could not come soon enough.

At night, a small campfire was made with fire which produced no smoke, a trait Lina had never seen in the element. Always had people said, where there's smoke, there's fire, but what if there was no smoke. Lina let the thought disapate as she tried to think of how she'd get out of here.

From behind, someone came up and fastened something to her ear, he whispered in her ear and it sent chills down her spine, "You'll be gaining your magics back soon and I can't take any risks. You agree right?"

Gaining her composure back, she sat up and spoke, "It is a smart move, but that's all I'll give you."

"You're kinda cute when you're mad." Lina felt a silky feel breeze by her arm, although it wasn't the same feel as the cloak, it certainly was the same man. Perhaps he'd finally gotten sick of it and got rid of it.

"You'd love to see when I cast the Giga Slave then." She still remained looking ahead of her.

"I'd like that more than you would think." The man lay down pulling Lina's still-bound form with him.

"Hey, what'er you doin? Who do you take me for???"

His dark eyes opened, staring at her as if looking into her soul, a strange feeling Lina knew she'd never get accostomed to, "You stay with me always, everywhere we go. I thought I'd made that perfectly clear." He clamped his arms around her and fell right to sleep. Lina was trapped. ~*~ Shaken awake, Lina groaned. A hand clamped over her mouth sending her into immediate wakness. For just a moment, she'd thought she'd gone bilnd, everything was still dark, you were supposed to wake up in the morning, with light. But soon, her eyes adjusted to see a face mostly covered by a mop of purple hair. Lina's went wide and she tried to sit up but found herself still in the strange bandit-man's arms, still bound. Luna quickly, and silently, loosed the bonds holding her sister, then, with nought a sound, she was off, leaving Lina to squirm out of the odd man's grip and give chase after her. One thing, before leaving, Lina noticed was the guards, all beat beyond consciousness, done so silently as to wake no one, which was saying much for Lina was a light sleeper. She grinned, 'That's Luna.' *** "Luna, cummon, wait up!" A hand shot out and covered her mouth, Lina squealed underneath it.

"Hush Lina! Do you want them all to find you?!" Luna growled and shoved Lina on the ground.

"Owch," Lina rubbed her bottom, "LUna, you mind filling me in on what exactly is going on?"

Lina's elder sister glared at her, however, her gaze soon softened while taking in her sister's face, shocking Lina. Luna began to speak after a while, sadness spilling from her voice, "It's not my place to tell you."

"Cummon Luna, just tell me! It's no big deal, I've been through a lot more than you'd think."

Luna suddenly fell to her knees before Lina, tears falling from her eyes. Through the tears, she attempted a smile for her sister's sake, with what was coming up soon, Lina'd need a lot more to get her through the days.

Lina was scared, her sister cried less than she did, and that was almost never, "Luna?"

"Lina, we're at war-"

Horror struck Lina's face, why had no one told her, "Zephilia, is that what- " Suddenly, a finger on her lips interrupted her paranoia.

Luna's eyes hadn't changed from that of deep sadness directed at her sister, "No, not Zephilia, the mazoku."

Lina creased her brow in confused thought, "But Luna, you're not a mazoku, neither is Cephied, not that I know of at least..."

"Think for a minute Lina!" Luna knocked on her head, causing Lina to wince and push her hand away, "The mazoku! Zelas! The Lord of Nightmares! They're all mazoku, dark lords!"

"But, L-sama-"

"Is recruiting all loyal to her. Thus, she has recieved the aid of Cephied. Those bandits who took you work for Zelas, you've got to be careful or else you'll get into even more trouble."

"But I don't understand, what does any of this have to do with me."

"You're not supposed to understand just yet. As a matter of fact, even I don't get it. All I know is that you sit on the proverbial fence, your powers can go either way and you're a powerful aly to either side."

"But what about Xellos, what's the story with him?"

"Who knows, but I honestly think that fruitcake is human, so I'd assume he's ok. Now you'll have your magic back I'm guessing by morning, so I want you both to take care of eachother got it? I've got to go-"

"Wait, you answered almost none of my questions!"

"They will be answered soon, have patience Child of Chaos." Tears again welled in Luna's eyes as she stood, taking something off of Lina's ear and crushing it, "A tracking device, how primative."

"Luna, yo-"

"Be warned however Lina, Xellos does work for Zelas, do not throw yourself into something you will regret later on." With that, Luna sped off into the woods, leaving Lina to spin around quickly at a noise behind her.

She came to face with that of Xellos, his purple eyes shining under the moonlight with worry. Lina rolled her eyes and began walking the way Luna had run. "I'm never gonna get used to that."

Xellos cocked his head in confusion and shrugged. He dashed off after her.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< br> Lina VO: A war?! Who said anything about a war??? And what's any of this got to do with me? One thing's for sure, I'll never be able to get used to seeing actual emotion in Xellos's eyes! Next Episode: Evening: Lina's Mysterious Aunt