Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers: MYTHOS ❯ Secrets: The Trickster Priest's Unveiled Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**Disclaimer** don't own slayers chars or anything like that.why, if i did, don't u think i'd be writing episodes instead of fanfics? huh huh?

A/N: Welcome back! There's not much to say right now, I've just gotten the first chapter out, but anyway, thanks for reading! Hope you all like it!

************************************************************** *********

"But Li-chan, don't you think it'd be safer if someone stood guard?"

Lina grew angry, cursing everything about being a woman, right now she'd like nothing more than to fireball this fruitcake into the sky. She was still no further in discovering what was wrong with him and why he was being so, behaved. 'Well, almost.' "You sit right there," Lina pointed at a tree about two hundred feet from the stream she sat next to, "And DON'T turn around unless you want to know what real pain feels like."

A loud sigh escaped his lips as he sat down cross-legged and began to meditate. Slowly, he began to extend his inner eye outward, as he had been taught to by his master of a long time before he met Zelas. This meditation allowed him the ability to detect all that was around him and take stock of their power. Before studying under Zelas, this ability only went as far as to inidcate if someone where on the path ahead or behind Xellos, but under the Beastmaster's study, he honed the skill until he could hear the sound of their heartbeat and pinpoint their exact position. It was a skill he was quite proud of, and used it often, finding Lina just a few minutes before not being an exception.

Satisfied that he sensed no immediate presence, Xellos sat back against a rather large oak tree, putting his hands behind his head and closing his eyes, a smirk crossed his face. 'If only it weren't for that little incident, I'd be able to scare the crap outta Lina-chan and get the best meal of my life, and that's saying quite a bit. But little Lina's emotions are so sweet and tangy like, like, oh what did these human's call that stuff? Oh yeah!' "Candy!" A smiles crossed his lips at the mere mention of the analogy.

"What about candy?" Xellos's eyes snapped open, to be instantly looking into two glistening ruby eyes, his body convulsed in a strange way and a sort of instant dark feeling swept over him. It was indeed uncomfortable, and he never wanted it to happen again.

"What," Xellos's body heaved, another feeling that was borne of that small flash of dark feeling, "Was that???"

Lina looked confused, "You jumped, it looks like I...." Her face contorted in confusion and a dumbfoundedness.

"What," he was suddenly on the defensive, "what did you do to me?"

"I think I just startled you, but..." Lina suddenly stuck her face into his, looking for some sign of something odd. In turn, Xellos snapped his eyes shut and grinned like he usually did. 'He's hiding something, the fruitcake, I'll get it outta him.'

"What's goin o-" Lina was interrupted as Xellos put a finger to her lips, standing up. Lina looked crosseyed down at it as he pulled it away, setting his staff against tree then proceeding to remove his cloak.

He grinned again, "That.....is a secret."

Lina's rage boiled over and she set about throttling the hapless preist.

Stepping away from a rather rudely aimed kick, Xellos then paried a punch by grabbing her fist in his hands and bringing his face within inches of her own, "Now dearest Lina-chan, do me a big favor and keep watch while I set about bathing myself."

Lina flopped down on the leaf-littered ground, wearing an absolutely confused expression, the whole confusing morning left her brain to do a complete system shut-down. "I didn't know mazoku bathed." Lina looked remarkably like Gourry at the moment. * A few minutes later, Lina shook off her stupor and stood. Casting a glance at the cloak and staff leaning on the tree next to which she stood, Lina screwed up her face in a look of disgust. 'That thing is so dirty! His other clothes are probably all like that, all smelly from those bandits too.' "Oh well, might as well wash these along with mine. Bet he didn't even notice I'm wearing something different." She rolled her eyes and walked, nonchalantly over to the stream in which Xellos was bathing in and proceeded to pick up his clothes.

Hearing someone approach, Xellos feigned ignorance and allowed them to get closer, his violet eyes shifting to look over his left shoulder. His eye caught something yellow swaying lightly in the breeze. Turning full around, Xellos was ready to bluff his way out of anything, until his eyes caught the form of Lina, bent over a pile of his clothes. The first thing that processed in his mind was that he liked the view he recieved, Lina having her back turned to him, at least, if she were standing up straight. Second, was that he knew Lina wasn't doing this on purpose, in fact, she had probably taken advantage of his back being turned to her. Third, was that if he were caught staring, Lina would proceed to beat the crap outta him, and in his current state, he just didn't feel like receiving the latter. So, he settled for a simple, "Lina? What'er you doing?"

Lina stood up and twirled around, the yellow sundress she now sported flowed with her, Xellos hadn't noticed until now that she had changed. Now that he looked around, he saw a few hastily erected clothes lines with her drying sorcery outfit hanging on them, Xellos thought himself dumb to be so ignorant to such a thing, he'd never seen Lina in anything but pajamas and that outfit. He looked around at all the clothing with a frank expression on his face, 'With all that clothing it's a wonder she can even move under the weight.'

"Well, your laundry was quite dirty and I was doing mine so I just figured I'd do it."

Her voice shocked him out of his thoughts, yet another feeling he didn't like. Being 'startled,' as Lina called it, was not fun, one could be run through the heart or had their hand sliced off before they even had a time to 'jump.' Xellos quickly banished the muddy thought and put on a mock pout to cover himself, "But Lina-chan, I asked you to stand guard, I did so for you, besides, if I'd have tried that, you'd have fireballed me."

"Fist off, if I were gonna fireball you, I'd have done it long before now, I'm having...difficulties." Lina looked at his face, an understanding came over it and Lina didn't want to ask how he knew. Obviously he knew the story better than Gourry did and she didn't want to hear it. "And two, there's nothing to see," she gestured to his waist area.

Xellos turned a bit red, his eyes reflecting mock hurt, "Now that's insulting my pride!"

"You fruitcake! The water goes up to your waist!" Lina seethed in embarassment.

He looked down and saw that through the glare of the sun, one could not see from his waist down due to the water level. He grinned, "So you were looking." A rather soaked beige cloak flew toward him, smacking him with painful ferocity in the face, knocking him out in the little stream. Lina stalked off. *** Night fell silently on the little emcampment, bringing about a rather flustered Xellos. He'd wanted to get going, to leave this forest beFORE nightfall, only, Lina hadn't come back since the incident by the stream. Despite himself, Xellos smirked, even though he couldn't feed off her anger right now, he still got to reap the benefits of her extreme cuteness when she was angry

Again, for about the third time that day, Xellos was startled. This time by a bunch of animal carcasses falling by his side, and Lina's voice behind him. "You owe me an explaination."

Needing no explaination, Xellos began to tend to the animals, turning them to meat for dinner tonight and breakfast in the morning. "You mean about my lack of abilities, and," Xellos cringed, "seemingly human attitudes?"

Lina smirked, "Well, actually I was gonna ask why you didn't just leave me, but since you insist, please, proceed."

Xellos face-faulted. "Ahem, yeah...Well, it's not a very long story but..."

"Let's start out with why you lost your powers."

"Well, you."

Lina gasped, "Me? What'er you talkin about?"

"Well, if you'd let me finish!" Xellos scewered the first animal and set it over the fire to cook.

"Sorry," Lina couldn't watch what he was doing. Sure, she loved the food, but fiercly instilled morals just wouldn't let her watch him slice up the animals. She shuddered.

"Yes," he stared into the flames, "Questioning Zelas about keeping a human alive isn't a very good idea."

"Y-you wanted to keep my alive? Why? What's gonna happen?"

"Well, first off, it's not so much you're life as it is your immortality."

"My what?"

"A question for another time" Silence ensued as dinner was eaten.

When she was finished, Lina decided to break the uncomfortable silence,"So...Zelas wasn't too fond of the idea of you wanting a human to live? Why would you want ME?" she posed the question somewhat afraid of the answer. 'Probably wants to make me a mazoku or somethin.'

"No, for your first question, as a matter of fact, she decided to let me experience what it was like to be a human, and thus here I am. For your second question, it's a secret." He grinned at Lina's reddening face.

Suddenly, she got deathly calm, "If you're gonna be a human, that means you'll have all those feelings, all those....instances." She grinned broader thinking of all the things he'd have to go through, all new to him which seemed everyday to everyone else. The thought almost made her laugh. "And you'll actually get upset and feel pain instead of feeding off it!"

Xellos frowned, "Are you done revelling yet?"

Lina waved a hand at him, "Yeah yeah." Laying down, it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

He sighed, "Guess I have first watch." Suddenly, he found himself smiling fondly down at Lina. Standing up and walking over, he sat down near her and reached out his hand to touch her cheek. Catching himself, he scowled and mentally kicked himself a couple times.

"If you're gonna be human, that means you'll have all those feelings..." "But what did she mean by instances?" He muttered to himself.

Lina moaned and rolled over. At the sound, Xellos felt a tightness in his midsection, "Oh L-sama no..."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< br> Lina VO: Well, this is certainly not normal. What would Xellos want with my immortality? I didn't even know I had any! Argh, there's only one thing that'll console me right now, poor Xellos, so many feelings, so little mind. Next episode: Mayhem! Of Sisters and Masters!