Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers/SM Crossover ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Sailor Moon/Slayers Fic
Episode Two: Reunion! The Game Begins
By Sakura

The next day, Hotaru woke to find Xellos once again sitting in the chair. A tray of food lay on the night stand beside the bed. "Ohayo, Xylia-chan," he said cheerfully. "Did you sleep well, imouto?"
"Hai, thank you." She was feeling better than she had in months. The constant fatigue she felt was gone. She looked at the tray of food and saw eggs, what looked like some kind of meat, and toast. Not exactly what she'd expect a mazoku to eat. A glass of juice stood beside the plate.
"I didn't know what you'd like for breakfast so I guessed," he said as she took a sip of the juice.
"This is fine. Arigatou."
"You're welcome," he replied. "Ne, Xylia-chan, if you want we can talk about what happened yesterday while you're eating."
"I'd like that very much, but what about you?" she asked when she noticed there was only enough food for one.
"Oh, I'm fine. I just ate myself."
"Oh. Well, I'd like to know what you meant by I was healed of something inside me."
"You didn't know? Kawaiso (Poor thing). It appeared you had some kind of alien parasite in your body that kept you from using all your powers," he said as Hotaru began eating. She was hungrier than usual.
"An alien parasite? Do you... Do you think it was what caused my seizures?" she asked in between bites.
"Seizures?"
"Hai, every so often I would suddenly get this enormous pain and become so weak I can hardly move. Then I would black out. I'd find myself in my bed later after I wake up."
"I think it was your mazoku side fighting to get rid of the parasite, Xylia-chan. No wonder you couldn't use your powers. If you were fighting that thing, you'd be too weak and busy to use them. Even our master had trouble getting it out of you, but it's gone now so no more worries, ne?"
"But I don't have any powers. All I can do is heal wounds."
"That's just the tip of the iceberg, 'mouto-chan. You've got more power than you know," he said handing her a perfect purple rose.
"It... It's beautiful!" she said, stunned.
"I knew you'd like it." He produced a black porcelain vase from his travel bag and put the rose in, placing it next to the tray. "I'm glad to have you back, sis. Juuou-sama's been pretty lonely with just me here for company."
"Juuou-sama?"
"She's our mistress Xylia-chan," he explained. "You see, since I'm her priest, you're her general, or used to be. I sort of took over for you when you vanished."
"But, I hate war! How can I be someone's general? War is terrible!" she said not too pleased at learning about this tidbit of her past. She had done a lot of thinking last night and came to the conclusion that what Xellos had said about her being his long lost sister had to be true. So she began to slowly accept the fact that she may be stuck in this strange world. And since she was stuck it was best to stick with someone she knew or at least was acquainted with.
Xellos smiled sadly. "You still haven't changed much, little sister. You didn't like war when there was an easier way to solve things. You were a mazoku and still you didn't like violence."
"Was I really like that?" she asked curious about her mazoku life.
"You sure were. It must have been our human blood. I don't like wars much myself, but they're good for the balance of things."
"Balance?"
"Surely you must know about the balance between good and evil," he said. She shook her head. "Yare, yare, what are they teaching in that world of yours? Oh well, guess I'll have to explain. You see, Xylia-chan, if the forces of good get too strong in this world, it is up to us mazoku to even things out. Otherwise, it'd be a very boring place if there's no hate or fear. Not to mention the end for the entire mazoku race."
"What do you mean?" she asked perplexed.
"Do you know what mazoku eat?" asked Xellos. She shook her head. "We survive on negative emotions, Xylia-chan. We feed off of humans' fear and hate." She stared at him in shock. "That's why I didn't join you for breakfast. Since you're half human now, you'll need regular food to survive, but you can still feed on emotions too."
"B-but that's not right!" she exclaimed. "That's a terrible way to live!"
"Actually it's not so bad, 'mouto-chan. We don't harm the humans much. They're more than capable of doing that theirselves."
"But still, too feed off them, like... like..."
"Cattle?" She nodded. "We can't help being the way we are. That's how we're made, sis. Humans feed off other creatures too, you know."
She grew silent. He was right. What right did she have to say that when she herself had eaten unborn embryos and the body of another living thing? "Gomen nasai onii-san. I'm sorry to have insulted you."
"I forgive you. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes! If good gets too strong in this world, it would mean we mazoku'd run out of food and die of starvation. So it's our job to make sure what happened to the anczoku happens to us or the humans."
"Anczoku?" Hotaru was now completely interested in learning more about her new home.
"The race of Ancient Dragons. That is a rather long story, and I'm afraid we don't have the time for it. I'll tell it later if you'd like." She nodded. "Good, now finish up your breakfast so we can go see Juuou-sama."
"Sure... onii-san." She was still a bit uneasy at calling this complete stranger her brother, but she did feel as though she knew him all her life. "Um... why are going to see your mistress?"
"Our mistress," he corrected. "Because she wants to see you."
"Oh. Um... why?"
Xellos marveled at how very little his sister had changed. She still trusted him immensely, which of course was remarkable for a mazoku. Even when he'd answer her questions with 'Sore wa himitsu desu' she'd just shrug it off believing either he'd tell her when he was ready or she'd find out on her own. She was still the curious little mazoku she had been as well.
Along the way to Xellas' audience chamber, he filled her in on what she had been like as a mazoku and what their world was like. She was relieved that she hadn't changed much, but she didn't like the fact she had been just as devious as he and she vowed to make sure she didn't go back to old habits. She was glad however, to learn that she was the more merciful of the two, unlike her brother who killed without a second thought.
They were walking instead of teleporting because Xellos thought Hotaru was still too weak to try using any of her powers yet. Besides she needed some catching up. Once they reached the chamber, he politely knocked on the doors. A voice from the other side called, "Come in Xel-kun, Xylia-chan."
He obediently opened the door and motioned for her to follow. She nervously crossed the threshold and gasped at what she saw. From what Xellos had told her about their master, she was expecting some kind of beast monster.
On a throne covered with various animal furs, sat the most beautiful woman Hotaru ever saw. She had long, slender legs the color of creamy coffee and a figure any girl would die for. She had long, white hair that cascaded over her bare shoulders down to her waist and was wearing a very revealing outfit of animal skins that hardly left anything to the imagination.
She smiled at the girl's amazement. She had that effect on people when they first saw her in that form. "Okaeri (Welcome back), Xylia-chan," she said, her voice husky as she took a sip of the wine she had been holding in one slender hand.
"Xylia-chan, Juuou Xellas Metallium-sama," Xellos said introducing her before kneeling.
Following her brother's example, she knelt before the Beastmaster. "Ma'am," she said meekly. Xellas chuckled.
"Kawaii," she said smiling.
"You wanted to see us, mistress?" Xellos said reminding her as to why they were there.
"Hai. I wished to inform Xylia of your current mission since it concerns her as well. But first things first," she said. "How are you feeling Xylia-chan? I trust you slept well."
"Hai, ma'am. Thank you."
"Good. No side effects from your healing?"
"No ma'am. Thank you for healing me, Juuou-sama," she said truly grateful for being set free of the suffering she'd been through for so long.
"You're welcome, dear. Now," she started, "I want you to go see, Garv. Find out what he wants and then report back to me before doing anything."
"Hai," said both of them.
"Oh and one more thing. Take good care of her this time Xel-kun. I don't want to lose my general again.
"As you wish, my mistress," Xellos said bowing and turning to leave.
"You have something to ask," Beastmaster said noticing Hotaru had indeed wanted to say something.
"If you don't mind, ma'am," she said timidly.
This reincarnation of her general was very amusing indeed. "Not at all, my dear. Ask away."
"Um... Xellos onii-san said you were like a mother to the both of us and..."
"You want to know what he meant by that," finished the mazoku lord.
"Hai," the violet haired girl said.
"Didn't he tell you?"
"Tell me what, Juuou-sama?"
"Tsk. Tsk. Shame on you Xellos, leaving something so important like that out," she said in an amused tone. "Well, my dear. I'm the one who made the both of you mazoku. Ever since then you've been like children to me."
Xellos looked at his master. "Forgive me, Juuou-sama. I should have told her."
"You're damn right you should have," she said in mock anger. "Anyway, get going you two. I'm anxious to see what that baka Garv is up to."
"Hai," Xellos said.
"Yes, ma'am. It was nice meeting you," Hotaru said bowing before leaving with her brother.
"What a charming girl my general's become," Xellas said to herself refilling her goblet with more Zephilian wine. "Things are certainly going to be more interesting with her around. Thank L-sama that dummy found her when he did."

*****

Outside the inn, a purple haired man and girl appeared from nowhere. The girl leaned against her brother, not used to teleporting. "You'll get used to that, Xylia-chan," the man, stroking her back.
She was getting used to the mazoku's shows of affection, however, she could not get used to him calling her by a different name. "Onii-san," she began.
"What is it, 'mouto-chan?"
"Could you... um... could you not call me that? My name's Hotaru."
"But, Xylia's your name," he insisted.
"No it isn't! My name's Hotaru Tomoe! Not Xylia or anything else!" she shouted, causing several passersby to stare at them. Normally Xellos wouldn't have minded, but Grausherra's spies could be anywhere and he couldn't risk getting her or Lina in any danger. That would be against Juuou-sama's orders, and an angry Beastmaster was not a pretty sight.
"Yare, yare. I'll make a deal with you, little sister. You let me call you Xylia in public and I'll call you Hotaru when we're not," he said hoping that would calm her down a bit.
She really didn't like it, but it seemed as long as she was stuck in this weird Dungeons and Dragons world, she had to go along with what her brother proposed. "All right, but please introduce me as Hotaru to this Lina person of yours."
"If that's what you want." She nodded. "Shall we go see if she's awake then?" he said opening the door for her.
Hotaru carefully stepped through the doorway, eyes darting everywhere; a habit she had ever since she could remember. A throw back to her life as Juuou's general maybe? The violet haired mazoku followed her.
Inside the inn's common room, people were staring as a red haired girl sat at a table and fought with a blond man and a black haired girl for the mountain of food before them. A man in a beige hood sat sipping from a mug. Huge sweatdrops surrounded his head. "Must we go through this every morning?" he asked, extremely embarrassed that everyone in the inn was staring at them.
"Yup. She's definitely awake," said Xellos smiling.
"That's her?!" Hotaru said pointing to the redhead.
"That's my Lina-chan," he said proudly.
Not sure if she should laugh or run out of there, she clung to her brother. "Oh, you'll love her Hota-chan. She and her friends are some of the most amusing ningen I know."
With that, he gently led her to a table in one of the darker corners.
'She reminds me a little of Usagi-san when she's eating,' the girl thought to herself, smiling remembering the picnic she and Chibi-Usa had gone on. "Um... Xellos-nii-san, shouldn't we be joining her?" she asked.
"Not just yet. I don't wish to involve the others, amusing as they are."
"So how are we going to get to talk to her. It looks like she's too busy right now."
"Easy, sis. Just watch," he said getting up from his chair. He quickly phased out only to reappear behind the red haired girl who was standing on her chair.

"I'm telling you for the last time, Amelia, that sausage was mine!"
"But Lina-san, it's unjust to keep so much food to yourself! Gourry-san and I are hungry too," said the black haired girl.
"So order yourself some more food. You're the princess of Seiruun for crying out loud! You could afford as much as you'd like!" Lina shot back.
"But Lina-san..." she began only to go quiet when she saw Xellos phase in behind the red haired girl. Holding a finger to his lips, he motioned for the princess not to say anything. She nodded smiling, knowing it would be just what the greedy sorceress deserved.
"Ohayo, Lina-chan. You're rather genki today," he said in her ear before nibbling it. Amelia went red, she was aware of Lina's relationship with the mazoku but had been asked to keep it secret.
The redhead screamed and hit the ceiling before landing on her bum. Amelia and Xellos laughed as she rubbed her sore butt.
"Damn it, Xellos! Don't sneak up on my like that!" she yelled and began to pound him into the floor. "And you," she said to Amelia as she beat on the mazoku, who was off in his own private heaven, "Some champion of justice. Why didn't you warn me he was there?!"
"Hmph. Serves you right for being so greedy, Lina-san," said Amelia smirking.

From her table, Hotaru looked on in shock as her brother was getting beat upon by the redhead they were supposed to pick up. She was about to go over and break it up, when suddenly a flash of memory came to her. He had played the very same trick on her once and she had done the very same thing Lina was doing right now. Shaking her head she said, "Where'd that come from?" She smiled, it wasn't much to worry about since it seemed to be a happy memory. "Maybe it means I'll be able to remember how to use my powers, if I'm starting to remember things."
Seeing his sister wasn't going to interfere with his little 'snack', Xellos dusted himself off and whispered in Lina's ear. "Ne, Lina-chan, when you're finished eating breakfast, meet me in your room."
"Hentai!" said Amelia who couldn't help eavesdropping, being so close to them.
"Lina-chan and I have some business to discuss Ame-chan, though it would be nice to have a little fun too," he said innocently.
Lina smacked him on the head before saying, "You perv. This had better be about what we talked about last night."
"Oh it is," he said, "Well, I must be going. I just wanted to say 'Ohayo.' Ja minna." He went back to the table where Hotaru sat.
"Lina, whatever that fruitcake's up to, you know it's going to be no good," said the hooded man.
"I know, Zel, but Imma a big gil. I cin take care o myself," she said with her mouth full of eggs.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Lina. Xellos is nothing but trouble," said Zelgadis.
"Oh was Xalis here?" asked the blond man looking up from his tenth empty plate.
"It's Xellos, Gourry," Lina said before going back to her meal.

Meanwhile, Hotaru was healing what wounds he hadn't already. "'Nii-san, are you all right?" she asked worriedly, "Lina-san hurt you pretty good."
"Oh, don't worry about that, Hota-chan. Lina-chan always gives me a few love taps now and then," he said caressing a particularly sore spot.
"Love taps?! She was practically beating you into a pulp!"
"You have a lot to re-learn about mazoku, 'mouto-chan," Xellos said, "Come along, she should be finishing soon." With that they teleported to Lina's room.

*****

Lina managed to sneak back to her room and was surprised to see Xellos with a young girl who resembled him uncannily. As if he could read her mind, the mazoku priest placed an arm around the girl's shoulders and said, "Lina Inverse, meet my little sister, Xylia." A huge smile was on his face.
"Xellos you promised to use my name!" said the girl.
"Oops sorry about that, sis," he said rubbing the back of his head.
"Your sister?!" Lina stood there in shock. "How?! When?!"
"I was surprised to find her too, Lina-chan. After all we all believed she was gone for good.
"No way!" This had to be one of his sick jokes, her mind said.
"No joke, pet. She's the real thing. Now no fighting ladies, there's plenty of me to go around," he said smiling and winking.
"'Nii-san no hentai!" Hotaru said smacking him playfully.
"Gods, you really are his sister!" Lina said as Hotaru smacked him again.
"Yoroshiku (Pleased to meet you). My name's actually Hotaru now, but everyone seems to insist on calling me Xylia," she said holding out her hand. Xellos had been right, she was beginning to like this girl. Something about her reminded her of Usagi's friend Rei. "'Nii-san's told me a lot about you."
The little sorceress eyed the girl suspiciously, then decided she was harmless for now and shook her hand. "Don't worry Lina-chan. She's a lot different from me," Xellos piped up.
"I bet," Lina muttered under her breath.
"Are you ready, Lina-chan?" Xellos asked gently grabbing her arm.
"Yeah, I guess we'd better get this over with," she replied.
Xellos, Hotaru and Lina then teleported out of the inn.

*****

"Gee I wonder where Lina is," said Gourry setting up a fire.
"That's right. Lina-san said she forgot something in her room and that she'd catch up, but that was hours ago," Amelia added.
Zelgadis said nothing, worrying about the red haired girl silently. 'You hurt her fruitcake and I will personally kill you,' the chimera quietly vowed.

"Damn! She's not there," said a blue haired figure hidden in the trees. "He's not going to like this." The figure then teleported when she felt her master's summons.

*****

At the north pole, a young boy set on an enormous throne in a fortress built of ice and stone. "Sherra, report," he said in a voice too old for the thirteen year old body.
A woman not that much older in appearance than her master appeared into the room and knelt before him. "All is in readiness, Dynast-sama. The army awaits your command."
A smile that could even freeze fire appeared on the mazoku lord's face. "Excellent. And what of the Inverse girl?"
The woman shuddered and began to play with her braid. She knew all too well the reward for failure. "I could not find her, my lord. She was not with those you described."
He swore and she cringed, expecting a killing blow. "Damn that namagomi fruitcake of hers! I'm sure Juuou and her servant have something to do with this!"
"Do you think she suspects?" Sherra asked, daring to speak out of turn.
"No. But, Sherra..." he said tenderly placing a hand on her cheek as she blushed, "my general. You must find them at all costs. Do not let them interfere!" He was very aware of his general's feelings for him and he used those feelings to control her whenever she began to show signs of rebelling. His hand quickly went around her throat squeezing ever so gently. "I will not let you see another day should you fail a second time," he warned.
"I-I will n-not fail you again, Dynast-sama," she vowed.
"For your sake, Sherra, I hope you do not," he said sternly. "A good and loyal general such as you is extremely hard to come by these days."
"Thank you, my lord," she said bowing.
"That is all, you may go," he said dismissing the blue haired mazoku.
Sherra then teleported from the throne room to find the two people who could possibly ruin her beloved master's plan.

********
What do you think minna-san? C&C welcome at Firia@linainverse.net. No flames please.