Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers/SM Crossover ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Sailor Moon/Slayers Fic
Episode Three: Garv! Meeting with Maryuuou
By Sakura

As the travelers made their way through the burning hot desert, they tried not to think about the vultures flying overhead. At least two of them were. Their other companion was enjoying himself as if he were just taking a walk in a park.
"Xel, why didn't you just teleport us there instead of making us walk around here and burn into a crisp while we're at it!?" complained a red haired girl. She was thirsty as hell and all that heat wasn't doing much for certain 'monthly problem.' "Stupid time of the month," she grumbled under her breath.
"I could Lina-chan, but -" began Xellos.
"Lemme guess, you don't feel like it," the redhead, Lina, shot back.
"True, but I don't think Xylia-chan is up to another teleport just yet. She hasn't adjusted to life here yet." The purple haired mazoku turned to their remaining companion. "Do you want to stop and rest for a bit?"
The purple haired girl, the mazoku's twin, wiped the handkerchief he had given her across her brow. "Hai. It's so hot now and I don't think Lina-san is feeling any better," she said sympathizing with the red haired girl.
"All right then," he said smiling, "We'll wait til the sun sets." He then phased out of sight only to come back into view carrying two tents a split second later.
When the tents were pitched, Lina had immediately took one of them and fell fast asleep, not after helping herself to a nice cool drink from one of their canteens of course. Xylia, whose real name was Hotaru, took the other tent and was looking forward to a nap, since she hadn't gotten all her strength back. Besides there wasn't anything else to do in the middle of a desert except watch yourself dehydrate from the heat.
Xellos entered his sister's tent and sat down next to her. "Not much of a place, ne?"
"When do you think we'll reach Garv-sama's place?" she asked.
"Not sure. Probably within the next couple of days if we don't stop too often."
"Nii-san, what did you really come in here for?" she asked, knowing somehow her brother wanted something.
"You know there was a huge battle not too far from here," he said remembering the war between the ryuuzoku and the anczoku.
"What kind of battle?" she asked. She really didn't want to hear about this, but she also knew there had to be a reason for her brother's change of subject.
"I told you about the ryuuzoku and the anczoku, right?" Hotaru nodded. "Well the ryuuzoku feared the power of the anczoku so they fought a war not too far from this desert. They slaughtered every single one of the anczoku."
"That's terrible! They shouldn't have done that!" she didn't like ryuuzoku much because of what Xellos had told her. From what he had said they seemed like a sanctimonious, self-righteous race, now she liked them even less. 'How could they do that!? How could they murder an entire race because they were different!?'
Sensing his sister's hatred, Xellos mentally smiled to himself. "I know how you must feel imouto-chan, but don't worry. The lizards got theirs." With that the purple haired mazoku rose and left the tent. But not before leaving a strange purple pen behind. "Sleep well, Hota-chan," he called from outside.
She was angry. She had wanted to ask him what he meant by that, but he had left before she could get the first word out. However she could tell by the look on his face that she and he were somehow involved in giving the gold dragons their just deserts.
Picking up the pen, she looked at it. The pen itself was black while the cap was purple and in the shape of the planet Saturn, the rings around it were silver. "I wonder where Xellos nii-san got this from," she said putting it in one of her pockets. Seeing that her answers had to wait, Hotaru lay down and went to sleep.
Inside the other tent occupied by Lina, Xellos had wrapped his arms around the redhead and was now contentedly cradling her against his chest as he too began to drift off to sleep.

Meanwhile, a group of mazoku were surrounding the camp, with orders to kill whoever it was that dared to enter the domain of Maryuuou. The group consisted of ugly brutish looking orcs and ape creatures, which weren't too smart since they failed to recognize two of the three people were the infamous Lina Inverse and Xellos Metallium, servant to no other than Juuou Xelas herself. Had they known this, they would have left them alone.
One orc had snuck into Hotaru's tent and was about to do more than just slit her throat when the girl opened her eyes and screamed when she saw it. Upon feeling his sister's fear, Xellos shot up and phased into the tent, leaving a confused Lina.
"Now what's going on!?" She quickly ran out the tent to be seized by one extremely hairy ape man. Sighing she said, "Why does this ALWAYS have to happen to me!?" She then managed to grab her sword and slash at the creature only to slice air.
Inside the other tent, Xellos now had his arm around her shoulder, a pile of ashes lay on the floor. "Are you all right, Hota-chan?"
The girl was still trembling a little, but otherwise over the fright. "Hai, thank you 'nii-san."
"You're welcome, 'mouto-chan. By the way do you still have that pen I left you?"
She reached into her pocket and pulled it out. "This?"
"Good. I knew it'd come in handy. That's a focus for your power until you're able to use it by yourself," he explained. Just then a yell from Lina outside forced him to phase out.
She didn't have the time to properly digest what her brother said because another ape creature burst into the tent. Suddenly she felt a surge of energy flow through her and before she knew it she yelled at the top of her lungs, "Saturn Planet Power, make up!"
Black and purple ribbons surrounded her and replaced her black outfit with a sailor fuku she had seen the Sailor Senshi wearing. She had purple trim on hers and knee high purple boots. In her hand was a staff with two curved blades, one shorter than the other. "What the!?" The ape creature finally decided to attack her and rushed at her. Hotaru swung the staff and sliced the ape's head off.
Rushing out side she saw an orc about to impale her brother with a scimitar. Raising her glaive, she yelled, "Silence Glaive Surprise!" Everything fell silent for a millisecond then without warning, Hotaru slammed the glaive into the sand. A fissure suddenly opened up where the orc stood and he fell into the crevice. Other fissures sprang from that one and swallowed up the mazoku surrounding the tiny camp.
The mazoku holding onto Lina, fell into another fissure, taking her with it. However, Xellos was quick enough to catch her and phase them back out just as the crevice filled with sand. "Thanks, Xel," said Lina giving the purple haired mazoku a fast peck on the cheek.
"Don't thank me, pet. Thank Xylia-chan. She's the one who saved both of us."
The red haired sorceress stared at the sailor suited girl next to them. Xellos' sister had been a shy, timid girl who was content to just let others lead, before her stood a young woman who was used to giving orders and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. "X-Xylia?" she asked.
"Hai, it's me, Lina-san. I'm still the same person, this is just my Sailor Senshi uniform. I am Sailor Saturn," she said. She then closed her eyes and concentrated her clothes melted and Lina briefly covered her own eyes. When she dared to look again, Hotaru was back in the outfit she had on earlier.
"I don't understand any of this! First you're Xel's sister then you say you're a Sailor Senshi. Which are you really?" she asked completely confused now.
"She's my sister all right," Xellos said giving her a huge bear hug.
"B-b-but -"
"I think we'd better leave the explanations for later, Lina-chan," he said and then teleported them away to Garv's castle.

The blue haired figure frowned. "Dynast-sama definitely isn't going to like this," Sherra said as she too teleported but to somewhere outside the desert. "I should have known those damned idiots would mess up. Never send a man to do a woman's job."

*****

Inside Garv's castle, the three travelers stood before the Demon Dragon King. Beside the hulking redheaded man stood a young mazoku with aqua hair and a horn on his head. Scars littered his face, giving it a striped appearance.
"It's been a while, Val-kun," Xellos said smiling.
"Just what the damn hell are you doing here, bastard."
"Tsk, tsk, you still haven't learned to mind your manners, Val."
"That's it! I'm gonna -" The half dragon mazoku lunged for the wolf mazoku, brandishing a whip that looked like two cherries attached a stick.
"Val! That's enough! And as for you, Xellos, stop baiting him!"
"B-but Garv-sama," Valgarv stammered. It only took a lift of one bushy eyebrow to make the mazoku change his mind. "H-hai, Garv-sama," he said backing off and returning to his master's side. Of course, Xellos was looking as smug as ever.
"Thank you for coming so quickly, Xel-kun."
Valgarv's jaw dropped and hit the floor. "Y-you invited THAT here, Garv-sama!?" he asked flabbergasted.
"Yes I did Val-kun, I came across some information that concerns Xellos' mistress, but I didn't ask you to bring others, Xel-kun," he said glaring at the purple haired mazoku.
Throughout their conversation, Lina was standing rather quietly since she was still suffering from the shock of being teleported directly to the lair of one of Shabranidgo's most powerful lords. Hotaru decided to keep a safe distance between herself and the mazoku lord by standing not too far from her brother.
"I recognize you Lina Inverse, but however I don't think I've met you before," he said as Maryuuou's eyes went from the petite red haired sorceress to Hotaru who now began to tremble slightly.
"Oh come on now, Garv-sama. I'm sure you remember my sister Xylia," Xellos said gently pushing her in front of him.
"Have you gone mad, Xellos? We all know your sister was lost during the Kouma War," he said. But his eyes could not believe it. Here was Xellos' twin sister right before his eyes. True he had recognized her as the girl he'd seen on that other world, but he'd never think she could possibly the trickster's long lost sister. "However, since most believe seeing is believing, I won't say another word about that." He then smiled at the purple haired girl. "Okaeri nasai, Xylia-san."
"Um, thank you Garv-sama," she said bowing.
"Wait a minute! Are you saying that THAT has a sister!? Since when!?" Val asked, shocked once again.
"I do have a name you know," Xellos said hurt. "And yes I do have a sister, lizard brain."
"Xellos 'nii-san! That wasn't very nice!" she bopped him on the head.
"But he started it," he said with mock hurt, "You saw it didn't you, Lina-chan?"
The redhead only snorted. "You shouldn't insult someone like that," Hotaru said.
"You're a real ladies' man aren't you, Xelly. You must really enjoy being bossed around by a bunch of females," Val shot.
"I don't know who you think you are, mister! But you can't go around insulting my brother like that!" Hotaru yelled, a purple aura began to glow around the girl. "I admit he may not be the nicest person in the world, but he is still my brother!"
Valgarv just stood there in amazement. No one had ever talked to him like that except for Garv. Besides he wasn't about to mess with someone who obviously had an enormous amount of power. "Listen, I'm sorry for insulting Xellos like that, but he did deserve it," he said apologizing AND for once curbing the language.
Now it was everyone else's, except Hotaru, turn to be shocked. Never had Valgarv, minion of Maryuuou Garv, apologized to anyone but his master. "Apology accepted," she said. "Um, sorry but I don't know your name."
"Val-kun why don't you see to the ladies and Xel-kun and I can discuss things," Garv said noticing the way his favorite servant began to look at Xellos' sister.
"Hai, Garv-sama." He came over to Lina and Hotaru. "You two can rest in one of the spare rooms. It's this way," he said leading them through one of the doorways in the hall.
"You'd better not hide anything from me, mazoku!" Lina called over her shoulder.
"I'd also like to know what's going on 'nii-san," Hotaru added.
"Oh I wouldn't dream of hiding anything from my two favorite ladies," Xellos replied. "Have fun, Xylia-chan!"

*****

"Your name's Val, right?" Hotaru asked the young mazoku leading them down the long hallway.
"Actually it's Valgarv," he said back. "Here's the room," he said opening a large wooden door. "I'll come get you when their done."
"Hey! This ain't too shabby," Lina said from the bed.
The room was tastefully done in dark red and brown. A large four poster mahogany bed stood against one wall. A table and chairs stood by a large fireplace and a vanity and dresser stood on each side of the bed.
"Should you need anything there's a bedpull," said the aqua haired mazoku and left.
"He seems like a nice guy," Hotaru said.
"You've gotta be kidding me! He's a mazoku!" Lina said sitting up on the bed.
"So? Xellos 'nii-san is one and you're his koibito are you?"
Lina just shut her mouth and turned as red as her eyes. "H-he didn't tell you did he?"
She shook her head. "When he called you his Lina-chan, I just thought you might be his koibito." The purple haired girl sat in one of the chairs. "I wish I had one of my books with me. It'd really help pass the time til, 'nii-san's done."
"Hey! I've got an idea. How about you explain to me what happened back there in the desert?" Lina said. She wasn't one to give up on mysteries, especially when they concerned her.
"Sure. I don't think anyone would mind me telling," Hotaru said coming over to the bed.

*****

Meanwhile, Xellos and Garv were discussing about what the Demon Dragon King had learned. "Xel, I'm sure you're aware that Grausherra's up to something," began the redheaded mazoku lord.
"Hai, Garv-sama. I have heard rumors of rogue mazoku striking villages in the north."
"Well there's more to it. My spies and I have reason to believe that Dynast has been gathering the rogue mazoku to build an army. An army he intends to use against either Juuou or myself. But who knows with a warmonger like him, it could be both."
"Hmm. This is indeed not a good thing," the mazoku priest said frowning.
"I agree, however it is certain that he will definitely strike at Juuou first, since her domain is between mine and his."
"You wish we to warn her then?" Xellos asked.
"Yes, but I also would like for you see if Grausherra really does have an army and find out its strengths and weaknesses if possible."
"Ooo political intrigue," said the purple haired licking his lips. "My sister and I shall get on it at once, Garv-sama." Xellos bowed before the mazoku lord.
"Once you've your mistress, of course," he returned.
"Of course, Maryuuou-sama." Xellos then bowed again and promptly phased out in search of his sister and Lina.
"You're not really gonna trust that, namagomi are you Garv-sama?" Val asked.
"As much as I really can't stand that fruitcake, I'd hate to see Xelas be destroyed. She and I have a very long standing friendship, Val-kun."
"Forgive me, master," Val said, kneeling before the large man.
Chuckling, Garv rose from his throne. "Val, I want you to go with them. Make sure that none of them gets hurt."
"Garv-sama?"
"Especially the Inverse girl. Anything happens to her, L-sama would have my hide."
"I shall not fail you, my master." Val said with such conviction that it was hard not to smile at the fierce loyalty the mazoku had for him.
"I know you won't. That is why I chose you to go this time. Just time back safely, Val-kun." The mazoku lord then left through another door.
"I will, Garv-sama," the aqua haired mazoku said to the air. Trying to curb his temper, Valgarv took a few breaths before going to fetch Lina and Hotaru. "Great, just great I get to hang around with that %@$^!@^ namagomi %@&#@!^"