Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers/SM Crossover ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Sailor Moon/Slayers Fic
Episode Four: Separation! Hotaru and Valgarv a couple?!
By Sakura

A blue haired woman knelt before a young boy on a throne completely covered in ice. "I have failed Dynast-sama. I won't give any excuses," she said fully ready for whatever punishment her master was about to give.
"I appreciate your honesty, Sherra. That's why I am going to give you one last chance to get rid of the Inverse girl and her companions," he said coolly.
"My lord?"
"I sensed Xellos' presence enter my domain not too long ago so it must mean he and Lina Inverse are on their way here."
"I'll do my very best to make sure they never leave here alive," Sherra said going to leave.
"One more thing, Sherra."
"Yes my lord?"
"I'll lend you a hand just this once." He closed his eyes for a moment as he sent a bit of his power out over the frozen wasteland. "I have created a blizzard so it'll be hard for them to see you coming. Use this chance wisely, Sherra. I won't tolerate any more failures."
The woman bowed. "Thank you, Dynast-sama," she said as she left.
"Sayonara, Sherra," said the mazoku lord, a very faint hint of sadness in his voice. He knew his general would not survive a battle with Xellos AND Valgarv. Sherra was strong, but not strong enough to fight against the two most powerful servants of two of his most powerful enemies.

*****

After a brief stop back at Juuou-sama's, Lina, Xellos, Hotaru, and Valgarv were now trudging through an seemingly endless desert of white. A huge blizzard had suddenly decided to show up and make it near impossible to see. Luckily the mazoku priest had given Lina and Hotaru some time to grab some warmer clothes. The red-haired sorceress was now donning a heavy fur lined cape with a hood over her usual winter traveling outfit, but it did very little to change the mood she had been in earlier. She wasn't too thrilled about having to spend time out in the cold while she was unable to cast a single fireball for warmth.
Hotaru was also having a hard time moving through the snow, but had managed to summon her glaive and use it as a sort of walking stick. Like her brother, she wore a black cape and hood but hadn't changed the clothes she wore since the mazoku blood in her kept her from feeling the cold as much. Xellos only wore the cape and hood to humor her since he was a full blooded mazoku and felt nothing. Valgarv had refused the girl's offer of a cape since his mazoku blood was stronger than his dragon's blood.
"First I'm baked and now I get to be a popsicle," complained Lina.
"What's the matter, Inverse? Why don't you use that power you love throwing around so much if you're cold," sneered Val. Lina didn't bother to look back, she just gripped the cape tighter to her body and silently fumed.
'Just you wait till I get my magic back,' she silently said.
Hotaru turned and glared at the mazoku/dragon. "You know she can't because it's her time of the month. So stop being mean," she said gripping her glaive.
Val immediately regretted the taunt. 'What's wrong with me? That Lina's only a human. Why should I regret teasing her for? What is it about this Xylia?' "Sorry," he muttered under his breath.
Xellos watched the exchange with amusement. 'Yare, yare, two apologies in one day. Will wonders never cease.' He smiled to himself as he noticed Valgarv began to stare at his sister again. 'I'll have to keep an eye on this. It could prove to be amusing.' He then filed away the knowledge he just learned and went back to the present matter.
"How are you feeling, Lina-chan?" he asked phasing in beside her.
She turned to the mazoku and then promptly hit him. "I'm tired, cold and on top of that it's that time of the month and you wanna know how I'm feeling?! How the hell do you think I'm feeling?!"
"Maa, maa. Gomen ne, Lina-chan. I was just concerned," he said.
"Heh, that's a good one," Val piped up. Hotaru chose to ignore him this time. Instead she caught up to her brother and Lina.
"Nii-san, didn't you say there'd be a cave nearby. Maybe we should head there and rest until Lina-san's feeling better," she said.
The mazoku priest looked around, thanking his was a mazoku for no human could even see their hands in front of them in that blizzard. "Hmm, it's still a while til we reach it so I suggest we get moving."
"Just what I need more walking," Lina said shivering slightly.
Xellos produced another cape and placed it on the redhead's shoulders. "Here, pet." She nodded gratefully and allowed herself to lean on him as they began their trek to the cave.
"Kawaii," Hotaru said smiling at the two people ahead of her.
Valgarv would have teased the mazoku priest had it been just him, Xellos and Lina, but somehow he found himself wishing the purple haired girl would lean against him as well. 'What is it about her? She's that namagomi's sister for crying out loud!' Still he could not help wonder and stare after her.
"Are you all right Valgarv-san?" she said when she noticed he hadn't moved.
"Y-yeah. Just let me take a breather for a sec," he said hoping he wasn't blushing.
Once he had recovered the use of his legs, Val joined his companions however he could not keep his eyes off the mazoku girl in front of him.

*****

After an hour of walking, Xellos stopped. "What's up, Xel?" Lina asked.
"Xylia and Val-kun are missing," he said concerned.
"Whadya mean missing? They were right behind us." Lina turned to look behind and saw only the blowing snow. "Oh great, now what else can happen?" she spat.
"I wouldn't have said that Lina-chan," he said gripping his staff, sensing the presence of another mazoku.
"You know he's right for once," said a woman with her blue hair in a ponytail. "You really shouldn't have come here, Metallium."
"It's good to see you too, Sherra-chan," Xellos said cheerfully.
"Sh-Sherra?! As in general of Dynast Grausherra?!" Lina said shocked.
"I'm glad you've heard of me miss Lina Inverse," she said drawing a sword. "At least you'll know who killed you."

*****

Meanwhile, Hotaru had stopped and began to look frantically around the area. Seeing her distress, Val came up to her. "What's the matter, Xylia-san?"
"I can't see Xellos nii-san and Lina-san anywhere." She began to worry. She had no idea where the cave they were heading to since she was still part human and couldn't see as good as the other two mazoku.
"They're probably a bit further ahead. Come on." He began walking again, this time it was he who was leading and was glad since he would be able to concentrate on something else. 'If that namagomi's playing a trick on us, I'll ^$#(@&* kill him. Brother or no brother.'
Hotaru shrugged her shoulders and took a step only to have the ground beneath her suddenly give way and cause her to fall with it.
Hearing a shriek behind him, Val turned just as Hotaru was about to disappear into the white snow. "Kuso!" He ran and made to grab the girl, but got hold of only air and he too began to fall as his weight made the edge of the hole he'd been standing at give way and slide into it.

******

Lina knew she didn't have a chance against the mazoku woman in the condition she was, but drew her sword. "There's no way I'm gonna die in a place like this!" She charged the blue haired mazoku only to land face flat in the snow. Laughter, barely audible over the howling wind filled her ears.
"Is that the best you can do, little girl?" Sherra had re-materialized and now stood towering over the fallen sorceress. "Let a real pro show you how to fight!" With that she swung her sword, aiming for the girl's head. There was a loud clank when it connected with something wooden instead of flesh and bone.
Xellos had thrust his staff between Lina and the sword just as it was about to hit. "I hate to disappoint you, Sherra-chan, but I have orders not to let Lina-chan get hurt," he said opening his eyes.
"Is that so? Too bad, since MY orders are to kill the lot of you. Say sayonara, Xellos!!" The two mazoku fought. Sword against staff, neither giving up to the other. Lina could only stand and stare. To her it was like watching a beautiful, yet deadly dance.
Their auras began to glow, Xellos' a dark purple and Sherra's an equally dark blue. "Stop playing, bastard! Let's end this!" shouted Sherra.
"I quite agree. I have no intention of wasting my time," he said back. The jewel on the mazoku priest's staff began to glow a deep blood red.
"Oh no you don't!" Sherra sent her aura into her sword and swung with all her might. The blow sent the staff sailing through the air and it landed near Lina. "I've got you now Metallium," Sherra said, a wicked grin on her face. She threw a ball of blue energy into his stomach making him double over in pain as he fell back into the snow.
"Xel!!" Lina yelled, furious she couldn't do a damned thing to help. Suddenly noticing the staff next to her, she grabbed it and rushed the mazoku woman. Swinging wildly, she managed to land a blow to Sherra's shoulder.
"You little, bitch!" yelled the mazoku general, dropping the sword.
"Now who's go who?" Xellos said, grasping the opening. His eyes glowed as he grabbed the staff from Lina and shoved into Sherra's stomach and out the back.
"Do you really think that'll kill me?" She laughed.
"Of course not, Sherra-chan," Xellos said, "but this will." The jewel on the staff glowed again and blood red energy crackled down it and onto the mazoku's body. Sherra screamed in pain as the energy intensified and tore her astral form apart.
Once the mazoku general was dead, Xellos retrieved his staff and shook the black blood off onto the snow. "You ok, Lina-chan?"
"H-hai. How about you?" she asked remembering he'd been hit.
"How sweet of you to ask, pet. I'm just fine now. Shall we see if Val-kun and my sister made it to the cave?" Nodding, the redhead took the proffered arm. "By the way Lina-chan, arigatou," he said giving her a kiss.
Blushing slightly she stammered a reply. "Y-you're welcome, Xel."

*****

Hotaru and Val woke to find they were in a deep snow drift with no way out. "This is just %^#@&*$ peachy!" swore the dragon mazoku. "Um sorry," he said when he realized who he was with. "It's kinda a bad habit."
"You think the others know we're gone?" she asked staring at the hole they'd fallen through.
"I hope so. I'd hate to beg Garv-sama for help."
"You really like you master don't you?" She moved so they were now sitting next to each other.
"He... I owe him a lot, Xylia-san. He saved me when he could've left me to die." A sad look appeared on his face.
"I don't understand," she said perplexed.
"Didn't your brother tell ya about me?" The girl shook her head. "Well anyways, I wasn't always a mazoku, ya know. I was an anczoku." He began to draw doodles in the snow with his whip.
Hotaru's eyes went wide. "An anczoku? But I thought they were all wiped out by the gold dragons."
"Well ya thought wrong," he said bitterly. A hurt look came to Hotaru's face. "Um, sorry. It's just that whenever I think of those bastards, I get so angry."
She placed a hand on his arm making him flinch slightly. "I think I understand," she said.
"What makes ya say that? How could you possibly know what it's like being hated jus' 'cause you're different."
"Because it's happened to me too," she said lowering her head.
"You?"
"Yeah. When I was on the world where Xellos nii-san found me, I couldn't make any friends because all the kids at school thought I was a freak."
"You a freak? You don't look like one," he said shocked. "Your brother however..." A quick look from the girl beside him made him shut up. "Why would anyone think you're freak?"
"I have this healing power. When the kids saw me using it, that's when it started." "Ch' then they're damn idiots. Y-you're too nice to be a freak," he blurted, blushing.
"Thank you Valgarv-san. I knew you were a nice guy," she said blushing.
'She thinks I'm nice?! Xellos' sister thinks I'm nice?!' He refused to look the girl in the eyes, not wanted to embarrass her with a blushing face.
"Ya know, y-you're a lot nicer than your brother," he said quietly.
"Thank you, I think. Valgarv-san," she began.
"Why don't ya call me Val. It's easier."
"Um, okay... Val-san. Why do you hate my brother so much?"
"It.. it's because he took my revenge from me," he murmured softly.
"Your revenge?"
"Yah, when Garv-sama made me into a mazoku, I wanted to use this power to get revenge on those damned lizards for wiping out my people." She looked at him in utter shock. Sure she hated the children for being mean to her, but never had she wished to get revenge.
'He's a demon, Hotaru. Isn't this how demons act?' her mind told her.
"Xellos almost wiped out an entire clan before I could do anything."
Now she was really shocked. She had some inkling that her brother had been involved in 'giving the lizard theirs' as he had put it, but she never imaged that was what he meant.
"Nii-san did that?!"
"For a mazoku you sure are naive," he said.
"I guess I am," she said meekly.
"Listen, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings like that," he said wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
"You didn't. It's just that I'm surprised about what Xellos nii-san did."
Val looked up and saw that the blizzard had stopped. "I guess there's nothing we can do 'cept wait."
"It's a good thing it's stopped snowing," Hotaru said yawning.
"If you're tired, why don't ya take a nap. I'll watch for the others."
"You don't mind, Val-san?"
"Nah. There's nothin' else to do right?"
Hotaru nodded gratefully and laid her head on the taller mazoku's shoulder. A short while later, she was asleep. Drawing her close, Val smiled and blushed as he made the sleeping girl lay her head on his lap.
'Gods! What the hell's going on here? Am I falling for this girl?' he asked himself. What surprised him was what his mind said back.
'Of course you are you fool! It's a good thing she likes you, ne?'
The dragon mazoku's face went from utter disbelief to sheer happiness. "I hope you're right," he said to himself as he leaned back and watched the sky for any sign of help.