Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers/SM Crossover ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Sailor Moon/Slayers Fic
Episode Five: Dynast! Hotaru and Valgarv's first kiss
By Sakura

Xellos chuckled as he peered into the snowdrift. Both of the mazoku were asleep curled up together, covered by Hotaru's cape. The dragon mazoku had his arms wrapped around the shorter girl who had managed to wrap her own arms around him during her slumber.
"Yare, yare," said the trickster priest. "Isn't this an interesting turn of events. I never thought horn boy had it in him."
At the sound of her brother's voice, the purple haired girl began to stir, causing her companion to wake as well. Not remembering where she was, Hotaru started when she heard a familiar voice.
"Ohayo, Xylia-chan!"
Looking up she saw a purple haired man standing at the edge of the snowdrift. Now she remembered. She and Valgarv had gotten separated from her brother and Lina. The aqua haired man blushed when he realized where his arms were.
"Don't just stand there, baka! Get us outta here!" he yelled at Xellos.
"Ohayo to you too, Val-chan," the priest said cheerfully, smiling as always.
"Really 'niisan! Get us out of here. It's cold," Hotaru said wrapping her cape around her.
"Now why would I do that? You two seemed to be quite comfy a few moments ago." The dragon was about to spout another stream of obscenities and Hotaru, for once in her life, was about to get angry.
She could see her brother wanted to enjoy their embarrassment a bit longer, but she didn't want the handsome mazoku behind her to suffer any more humiliation like she did when she was growing up on Earth. "Xellos!" she yelled, a pale purple aura beginning to glow around her. "Shut up for once and get us out of here. NOW!"
Both men stared at the shy and timid girl and backed away a bit, both sensing the power she had. Gulping, Xellos began to rub the back of his head. "Gomen imouto-chan. Don't get your undies in a bunch. Old Xel'll have you out of there in a jiffy."
The trickster priest then reached in to his bag of tricks and pulled out a rope, tossing one end over the edge. "All righty. Up you go Xylia-chan."
"Nuh-uh! I'm not gonna fall for that old trick, namagomi," Valgarv said grabbing hold of the rope. "If she goes up first, you'll just leave me here to rot."
A look of mock hurt crossed Xellos' face. "Why Val-chan, I'm shocked. I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing." The dragon mazoku growled. "Besides, it'd make my darling little sister unhappy. I would never do that," he added noticing the glare she was giving him.
"It's all right, Val-san. Go ahead, I can wait," Hotaru said, blushing.
Nodding, the aqua haired mazoku climbed out, followed moments later by Xellos' sister.
"Now that we're all safe and sound, let's get back," the purple haired man said. "Lina-chan's probably having a fit and I don't want to miss this." With that the mazoku priest headed back to the cave where he left his redheaded lover.
Sighing and shaking her head, Hotaru followed her brother, not noticing the strange and confused look on Valgarv's face.

*****

Meanwhile, Lina woke up as she fought off the pleasant dream she'd been having. Reaching beside her, she felt the spot her lover had occupied was now cold and vacant.
"Xel?" she called, thinking he might have stepped out for a second. No answer came. Hearing the rustle of paper, the sorceress picked up a note that had fallen off her when she sat up. "Leave it to that fruitcake to leave a note in the weirdest places," she said as she began to read.
'Gone to look for Xylia-chan and Val. Be right back.
Love,
Xellos'
The petite sorceress swore. "Just like him to disappear when you least expect it. Now he'll cause all sorts of trouble with dragon boy and I don't think she'll be able to stop them. I'd better get going before it gets ugly."
"I don't think that would be necessary, pet," came her lover's voice as he materialized in the cave, causing Lina to eep in surprise.
Pouncing on the mazoku, the redhead had him in a headlock in record time. "Dammit Xel! Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!"
Chuckling and enjoying himself a little too much, the priest replied. "I missed you too, Lina-chan."
"Um, ohayo, Lina-san," Hotaru said entering the cave with Valgarv.
"Oh, hiya, Xylia-chan. I'm glad you're o.k. Hiya Val!"
The aqua haired mazoku grunted then blushed when his stomach rumbled a demand for food.

*****

Elsewhere, Dynast Grausherra, Lord of the North, paced in his throne room. He had felt the death of his general Sherra, and was now mildly angry. He knew he had sent her to her doom, but the actually reality that one of his could be destroyed made him very concerned. It meant that he too could very possibly die.
"I should have gone with her. What in L-sama's name were you thinking, Dynast!" the blue haired mazoku berated himself. "You haven't made a mistake like this since the Kouma War."
The mazoku lord sighed then sat on his ice-covered throne to wait for his own impending doom as it slowly made its way to his fortress.

*****

The tiny group stood before a pair of massive oak doors. Hotaru shivered, more from fear than the cold. All of them could feel the power of the mazoku lord of the castle. Lina, Xellos, and Valgarv however weren't as intimidated as the purple haired girl, since they all knew that both Xellos and Valgarv were much stronger than Dynast Grausherra. Placing a hand on his sister's shoulder, the trickster priest said, "It's best you transform now, Xylia. I'd doubt you'd get a chance once we get in."
Nodding the mazoku girl pulled out her transformation pen and called out, "Saturn Planet Power, make up!"
Purple and black ribbons glowed around her as the transformation took place, forming a sailor fuku with a purple and white color scheme. Valgarv stood in awe as he watched the shy and timid girl he had come to know be replaced by a young woman with great strength and determination written on her face.
"W-who the hell are you?!" he asked in shock.
"I'll explain later, Val-kun," she said turning her attention to the doors. "I can sense something coming."
As if on cue, the doors opened.
Lina stood behind the other two mazoku, since only a tiny bit of her magic had come back as Dynast Grausherra came through the doors to great them. 'Why is it always me?' she lamented her fate as she felt Valgarv's power start to build up. She could tell the dragon mazoku was inching for a fight.
'He definitely takes after Garv,' Xellos thought, calmly standing nearby and waiting to see what happens.
"May I ask what you are doing at my home uninvited?" the blue haired mazoku lord asked in an icy tone as cold as the snow and ice surrounding them.
"Oh we were in the neighborhood and decided to pop up for a visit," Xellos said, smiling cheerfully.
"Bullshit Metallium! You dare to kill my general then waltz up to my home as if you owned the place!" shouted Dynast.
"Oh I had NO idea Sherra was your latest girlfriend Dyn-chan," Xellos said innocently. "I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't have destroyed her body then. You must have wanted to say goodbye." The purple haired mazoku then giggled.
"Kisama!" Dynast shot a bolt of blue lightning at him, catching the mazoku priest off guard and knocking him several feet away.
"Xel!" yelled Lina as she rushed after her lover.
"Oniisan!" screamed Hotaru.
"Oniisan?" The young man repeated as he noticed the purple haired girl finally. "Xylia?" he asked stunned. He heard that Xellos' twin sister had disappeared toward the end of the Kouma War. In fact it was what had driven him to remain at the north pole for all these years. When the girl turned at the sound of her name, he knew he hadn't been mistaken. "I'm glad to see you are still alive, my dear." He placed a hand under her chin, forcing her to look at him in the eye.
Slapping him in the face, she looked back at him angrily. She had come to love the man who was her brother in the short time they've been together. No one was going to hurt him if she could help it. "How dare you!"
"Ever the little spitfire, eh Xyl-chan?" The mazoku lord wiped the blood off his lips before advancing on the sailor suited mazoku.
"Don't you touch her!" Valgarv yelled.
Seeing the blue haired mazoku lord look at Hotaru like she was a scrumptious meal, made the aqua haired mazoku's blood boil. He was confused as to why he should care about his enemy's sister, but he didn't want her to be hurt by the cruel mazoku lord before them. He felt the immense desire to protect the delicate looking mazoku girl.
Turning to face him, Dynast smiled cruelly. "Oh is she your mate then, little half-breed?" Hotaru blushed, thankful for some reason that the mazoku lord couldn't see. "Too bad you didn't know that Xyl-chan and I had a thing going a while back. I guess you'll never get to have what she gave me, ne Val-kun?"
That was the last straw, Val transformed to his half dragon form and rushed Dynast, talons extended only to be repelled by an invisible shield. "That," began the mazoku lord, "was a very foolish thing to do." Another bolt shot from his hand and sent Valgarv to join Xellos as he was shaking off the impact. The dragon mazoku hit the snow, unconscious.
"Val!" Hotaru summoned her glaive and stabbed the blue haired man in the chest, catching him in surprise. Staring in amazement at the weapon piercing his body, Dynast coughed up black blood as he chuckled.
"Impressive as always dear Xylia," he said, "Only you could manage to catch me off guard like this." He smiled fondly as he remembered their last sparring session and what occurred afterwards.
"Go to hell," she spat, the look on her face as deadly as the glaive in her hands. A feral smile appeared on the girl's face as she focused her power and sent it to travel along the shaft of her weapon and into Dynast's body. Soon both mazoku began to glow with a deep purple light.
Knowing his own death was nearby, the blue haired mazoku lord began to struggle to get the glaive out of him. "No this can't be happening! I'm so close! So -" Hotaru's power began to crackle all over his body, slowly tearing him and his life force apart. Cracks appeared and were widening by the second, the blue haired man screamed as the final bit that was Dynast Grausherra ceased to exist.
Lina watched in shock as the mazoku lord finally burst apart into a thousand pieces then disappear in a flash of black and purple light. Slumping against her glaive, the purple haired girl's form reverted back to her normal human one.
Once she could speak, she asked the redhead, "Are they all right?"
Gathering her jaw off the ground, the sorceress replied, "Yeah. Xel and Val'll be o.k. in a bit. They're just stunned." 'I hope,' she added silently not wanting to incur the wrath of her lover's sister.
"Good." Placing her hand on her brother's still form, a light purple glow began to covered the slightly wounded mazoku.
"Oh hello, 'mouto-chan. I assume we're done here," he said getting up with Lina's help. Hotaru nodded, relieved her brother was o.k.
"Think you can get us home, niisan?" the purple haired girl asked. "I need to rest before I can heal Val-san."
"Just give a moment to get my strength back, Xylia-chan. That blast sure packed one heck of a punch," replied the mazoku priest.
Once he had fully recovered, Xellos teleported the group back to Wolf Pack Island.

*****

Valgarv lay on her bed, sleeping peacefully after Hotaru had healed him. She knew she should wake him since it had been hours ago, but the confusion she was feeling at the moment prevented her from thinking straight.
She sat next to the bed in the very same chair Xellos had sat when he first brought her to the mazoku island, her glaive leaning against the wall nearby.
What was wrong with her? Over the past couple weeks of traveling together, she had come to like the handsome mazoku on her bed. At first he had struck her as nice person, but he was also arrogant and a little self centered. He didn't even pay her much attention in the beginning. But when she remembered how he kept her warm with his body heat the night they got separated and trapped in a snowdrift, she couldn't help thinking that maybe he really wasn't as bad as he seemed. In fact her opinion of the mazoku changed when he came to her rescue after Dynast Grausherra had insulted her. It was like the tales she read of knights of old who would defend a lady's honor whenever she had been wronged.
'Can it be that he cares for me?' she thought as she lightly touched the scars on his face. "Am I falling in love with you?" she asked the silent dragon mazoku. The purple haired girl blushed when her gaze drifted to the sliver of chest that was revealed by the short vest he was wearing. She had to admit, Valgarv was a VERY good looking man, even with the horn jutting from his head.
Deciding to push away the confusing feelings, she started to try to heal the scars covering Valgarv's body. Soft purple light glowed around her hands as they gently moved over the still body, slowly erasing the scars.
'He's beautiful,' she said to herself, one hand lingering on his cheek.
Valgarv felt hands moving up and down his body, but instead of the pain he expected, there was only a gentle warmth. He slowly opened his eyes to see Xellos' sister sitting beside him, her hand on his cheek.
"Oh! How are you feeling?" the girl asked, taking her hand away as if she had been burnt.
The aqua haired man blushed for a moment then snatched her hand. "You healed me?" he asked. "Thank you," he murmured, marveling at how soft her hand felt and how tiny it looked in his. He hadn't seen it, but he could sense she was as powerful as her brother, maybe even more, but he couldn't help feel a strange kind of connection to the girl.
As if it had a mind of its own, Valgarv's hand pulled on hers and the purple haired mazoku fell forward, her face mere inches away from his.
Before they knew what was happening, the aqua haired mazoku raised his head and kissed the astonished Hotaru. Her mouth opened in surprise and the dragon mazoku slipped his tongue in, exploring inside. They remained like that for several more moments, then he released her when he realized what he was doing. "Uh, gomen," he said lowering his head in shame.
"Daijoubu, Val-kun," she replied blushing a deep red. "It... it was nice."
"You-you're not mad?" he asked, stunned.
"I, um, like you too," she said almost too soft to be heard.
He couldn't believe his ears. The person who should be his enemy had said she liked him. Blushing he looked at her questioningly. "You do?"
"You don't believe me?" she said with a hint of mischief. Pouncing on the dragon mazoku, Hotaru returned the kiss, completely silencing Valgarv.