Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ 7 Does ❯ preparing ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Damaged buildings, countless debris, wet clothes and ruined cars. This is Scarlett Garcia here giving you a follow-up on the incoming story that happened last night. If you are just coming in from vacation, or have the ability to sleep like a bear in hibernation, here is a succint summary of what happened last night:
 
"In the late hours a battle took place here in the skies of Station Square. Eyewitness accounts said that it was an attack on the city." Dr. Eggman was listening to the tube as he sips his cup of morning Joe "Attack on the city, I wonder how this was pulled off behind my knowledge." the bad doctor said to himself.
The newscast went on. "From what eyewitness accounts have seen and said, an unidentifiable force was saving the city from being attacked by a robot, one that looked like the creation of the notorious Dr. Eggman himself."
Eggman spit his Joe all over the TV screen. "What the fuck?!"
Before anything else could happen, GUN soldiers bust into the place from every possible entrance, even the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. "Freeze, hands in the air, fatass!" a GUN soldier shouted orders.
"Now hold it just one second, I was set up. I didn't attack Station Square this time, I'm just getting back from vacation." Eggman tried to explain.
"You know what, I have a dollar for every crook that gave that excuse and I have a thirty thousand dollar savings account to stand for it."
"Is that so?"
"Cut the theatrics, Eggman. Now get those hands up before I knock off those jelly rolls you have and sell 'em to Kryspe Kreme."
"I have my rights, you know."
"Yeah, you have the right to shut the fuck up."
"It's the 'Right to remain silent.' you dickhead."
 
Eggman's unintentional waiving of the first Miranda only got him five minutes of pistol whipping. The Creams were watching this on TV and were shocked. "I can't believe I slept through that. I messed one hell of a fight." Yattacream said disappointed.
"How come, you weren't gonna do anything anyway." said Créme.
"Whatever."
"Good Morning girls." Vanilla greeted her daughters with some wheezes.
"Mom, are you all right?" Cream asked.
"I was in the water having a late night swim when I giant wave took me under it by surpirse. Water got into my lungs... but luckyily for me I didn't drown, too bad I was left butt naked in a tree."
"Well, for whatever reason that happened, I want no further hearing of this story." said Cream as she headed for the door.
"And where the hell are you going?' asked Dynacream.
"Well, since you six grilled me to the point that you want to stay as my siblings, I might as well get gifts for you. You know, so you can say that I got my 'sisters' something on their birthday." and with that, Cream was out the door.
*
Cream was so depressed, so depressed that she was borderline nervous breakdown. With that in mind, she decided to head to Club Rouge. "Well well well, if it isn't the birthday girl..." Shadow greeted her at the door, he decided to work as a bouncer.
"Shadow, why are you working here?' Cream asked.
"I got bills to pay too... that, and Rouge insisted I work here. Go right on in."
Shadow let Cream pass, which agitated the next person in line. "Isn't she a little too young to be getting into this club?" he questions Shadow.
"That's the little sister of the owner, fuckface. Now unless you want me to smack the taste out of your mouth, you'll show some respect." Shadow lays down the law.
 
Even though it was daylight, Club Rouge was bustling with business and entertainment. Cream saddled up to the bar and saw another familiar face working here. "So how did you get a job here?" she asked.
"I owe Rouge for breaking her diamondium necklace, so I'm repaying my debt." Knuckles answered. "So what'll it be?"
"Daquiri."
"Lemon or strawberry?"
"Mix 'em."
"Salt or sugar around the rim?"
"Half and half."
"You got it." and Knuckles turns to mix Cream's drink.
"So who else is working here?"
"Espio was bussing table for a while, but he's off today. I guess the CDA isn't getting much business."
"Figures."
"Here ya go, knock it back."
Cream held her challace in her right hand and stared into the orange colored drink, then turned the glass to both powdered residues met her drink as she sipped it. Knuckles noticed the sad expression non her face. "Birthday blues?"
"No, I got a real problem on my hands."
"Share with me."
Cream hit her drink again. "This birthday is my right of passage, and after tomorrow night, I'm going to no longer have that innocence that I usually have."
"Another year older, another day stronger."
"Yeah."
Without her noticing, Rouge sat up to the bar. "So how's the swimsuit fit you?" she asked.
Cream turned to Rouge, "I'm sorry, t'was lost in thought and liquor. Could you repeat that?"
"The swimsuit I bought your for your birthday in the mall earlier this week, how does it fit you?"
"I didn't get a swimsuit from Rouge.... it was probably one of the other Creams. Well make an excuse so she changes the subject. I makes me look more ample." Cream answered.
"That's good, you never know when it's good to have more of a bustline."
"Could you two refrain from the discussion of 'Titties of the Modern Era' whilst in my presence?" Knuckles cut in.
"And why would you be offended with 'Titty Talk" anyway, you're not a woman? Unless there's something about you that I don't know..."
"Yeah, well name two things that you have and I don't besides breasts."
"Nipples."
Knuckles' face turned a little red. "I gotta go shit, take over for me." and off Knuckles went. If it's not the secret agent shit, it's the nipple shit.
"So you found that out from Tails too?" questioned Cream.
"No, Tikal showed me her breasts." Rouge answered as she went behind the bar. "I was a bit taken back, but you should've seen the look on Amy's face. I swear Knuckles and Tikal must have a hard time with foreplay." Cream giggled. "Another round?"
"Yeah."
 
"I never thought I'd see you here, Cream."
"Took you long enough, Fox Boy. You're late." said Rouge.
"Blame it on the president, he gave me a dire prior engagement." said Tails.
"Whatever, you know where to go."
"Yup." and Tails walks into the back.
"What's Tails doing here?" asked Cream.
"He's fixing the air conditioning. I got complaints of it last night, and luckily for me I ran into someone in the field at this club. So I had him look at it and he gave me an estimate that was of course too damn high. And thgat's where Tails steps in, I wanted a second opinion and Tails said he could fix it for a more reasonable price."
"That makes sense."
"Of course it does. Now don't mind me asking, but where's that chao of yours at, not that I miss the little critter?"
"Cheese is with Chaos and the other chao having a good time. Since Tikal gave him the open invite, Cheese and sometimes Chocola go and visit the other chao to play and have a good time. I let them go of course and Cheese always seems to come back with a sad expression, but a smile on his face."
"I see..."
"....So where did Tails go?"
"He's out back."
"Thank you." and Cream headed that way.
 
Tails was busy fixing the AC of the club, but despite doing a bang-up job, the fox's mind was elsewhere. This has really been a hectic week, just what is Cream up to anyway? he pondered as his did his job. And another thing, what's up with Vanilla? I don't mind staying the night, but she could've used a better approach than knifepoint..... maybe Gold was right. But why go through all this trouble to get me over there tomorrow night? Tails looks around. Dammit, where's that socket wrench....
"Here, you might need this."
Tails looked over to see Cream handing him his tool. "No panty shot this time. Thanks." he said.
"No prob." Cream replied then sat next to him. "So, are you almost done?"
"Not exactly, this cooler's really messed up."
"So the idea of a touch-up is wishful thinking..."
"I'm trying to salvage some of this stuff, take a look and see for yourself."
Cream got down and looked into the general area. "Whoa, the wiring on here is completely fried. Why are you even bothering with this anyway?"
"I'm just trying to give Rouge other options."
"Well there isn't much here to look at as far as options are concerned, the wiring is fried and the panels are corroded. I don't know what's left to salvage. I mean look at this stuff, Tails. You could do the proper thing and put all new wires in here and try to jerry-rig the paneling into working properly, but there isn't much left to save... even with your 'Mr. Fix-it' knowhow."
"You know, If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're turning into a genius with all that mumbo jumbo of words, Cream." Tails and Cream pull away to see Rouge standing there. "So I'm gonna need a new AC for my club basically?"
"Well, I have a few good panels I can install with new wiring into this thing, but unfortunately the inevitable task of scrapping this for a new AC is in your future." Tails put it bluntly.
"I see...."
"Don't even waste your efforts, take a look right here you two." Cream said
 
Rouge walked over and Tails got back down and the three saw a nasty sight. "Ouch, so much for my buying you some time with this AC, Rouge." Tails said.
"Well, thanks for your help, both of you." said Rouge.
"No problem." Cream and Tails said in unison.
After the trio got back to the bar, Rouge gave her payment to Tails and a bit of payment to Cream as well. The young couple left the club. As they walked down the street, casual talk went on. "Okay, so how did you learn about AC maintenance?" Tails asked.
"I never have," Cream answered, "but seeing a shot circuitry is nothing new when it comes to you. Did you forget I was there when you reprogrammed G-Mel?"
"That's right. Hey Cream, I need to get a little more close in the next subject matter."
"O-kay..."
"I know the morrow is your b-day and all and apparently your mom is pretty much insisting on me crashing for the night. I normally wouldn't mind that, but why has she been so hellbent on getting me to do that?"
Cream had a seven second pause, then she gave her reply. "It doesn't trouble you?..."
"Not at all, but I'm just wondering."
"Do you really want to know why? Then I will tell you... but not now. I'll be on the rooftop of my complex building this evening, meet me there and I'll explain everything to you."
"But sunset isn't until 20:30 though."
"Tails, I really have other things to do today, if I were free, I would tell you now. However, I cannot and that makes me anxious. Before I go, I have one more question to ask you."
"Go right ahead?"
"How do you outsmart yourself?"
"....Well I'll use this example. I had to fight my bad side years back and obviously we were evenly matched. But, given the proper incentive, the other me fell for a trap I made for myself... and then he was gone."
"Thanks a lot, well I have to run now. Later."
"Later."
 
Cream ran off with a plan of action in mind. It's time to get myself together again. And this time, sisters, you won't know what hit you until it's too late.