Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ 7 Does ❯ so long, my childhood. I'll never forget thee ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"What the hell is this place?"
"I really don't know, Tails. But all I know is that I'm to bring you here."
"This better be important, because I really don't like the vibe from this place."
"It doesn't matter if you like the vibe or not, being here is vital."
"Well, if it's that vital, then you have my complete trust."
 
Tails and Cream walked around this monochrome world, it was weird looking to Tails as it was their first time here... well, Cream first physical time here, her subconscious time was the first. "This place looks like something out of a video game." Tails said.
"Video games don't make weird levels like this." said Cream.
"You should play Paper Mario 2 then say that."
"I'll take your word for it."
"And what's with that gem anyway?"
"Just come on...."
 
The two reached the lake like Cream did in her subcon as she chatted with C.C. and took Tails' hands. "I have to admit it, this rock was the reason I've been acting so strange. I guess trinkets really can change a person." Cream told Tails.
"I've been told that by Uncle Chuck." said Tails.
"And to think, it was actually a gift given to me... But I think it has it's meaning here. Now hold still, I'll need a bit of your swimmers."
"Um...."
Over the course of the next five minutes, Cream simplly blew Tails. Once Tails couldn't take it anymore, Cream took him out of her mouth. Sure, she took a skeet in her mouth, but the rest of his load went over Cream's face. "Um.... nevermind. I said I trust you."
"Yeah."
 
Cream stood up and held Aphrodite's cursed rock for the last time. Well, this mistake will never happen again. Luckily for me, I've learned a lot from this past week. She held firm to her thoughts.
"Should I hold your hand?" asked Tails.
"No, just simply watch." Cream answered....
 
....then after taking a deep breath, Cream threw the rock into the middle of the lake. The two stood there, for a good while.... "I could've sworn something would've happened by now..." Cream said, a bit disappointed.
"Well, I guess not." Tails said. "Let's go home, Cream."
"Yeah, let's go."
As the two walked away, the two noticed flashing lights. So the turned back to the lake to see it was glowing, then a bright flash happened. When the light went away, the whole are was colorful. "No way, the color's back." said Tails.
"Our work here is done." Cream said as she wiped Tails' nutt from her face.
"Now can we go home?"
"Yes, we can go home."
"You wait here, I'll pull the car up." and off Tails ran.
Cream sighed, "I'm glad this is finally over."
"And I'm glad you completed the cycle."
 
Cream turned around to see the other seven versions of herself. "Good job, Cream, you've finally grown." said C.C.
"So do you have something to tell me like the rest of them have?" asked Cream.
"Of course not. I told you already, you had everthing.... no, have everything that you will ever need. All you have to do now, is be true to yourself. Do that, and your world will never lose its color again."
"You mean, I took the color away from this place?"
"The Monocolour Forest has two forms: The luster of its color to which it mimics the heart of the beholder; and the plain sorrow that overtakes the heart of the beholder. All of us, were are nothing more than figments of your own subconscious in physical form. No it wasn't imagination, but actual, living, feeling illusion portrayed by your own heart. Remember what Sempai told you, right?"
"Of course. And don't worry, I will limit the power.... and knowledge that I seek."
C.C. and the other Creams extended their left hands and Cream did the same, and in a flash of light, the seven does were gone. "They left for good... but then again, they were never here in the first place, nor did they ever leave my heart."
Tails drove up alongside of Cream. "Hey, it's time to go home. Get in and wave goodbye to this place." Tails said.
 
Cream got in and Tails drove off. As the two were driving away from the Monocolour Forest, Cream looked behind to see the seven does running after the car, waving good-bye to her. Cream-koh, Cremé, and C.C. were blowing kisses as they waved. Cream blew kisses back to them as tears rolled down her eyes... and as the left the now colorful Monocolour Forest, the seven does reached the boundary and stopped. But they continued to way and blow kisses good-bye to her. Good-bye Dynacream, Yattacream, Creammarin, Cream-sempai, Cream-kohai, Cremé, C.C. and thanks for your wisdom, I love you all....
...and with that, the Monocolour Forest simply faded from existence. Cream turned around in her seat, wiping the tears from her eyes. "They say, 'The hardest thing to bid farewell to is one's childish heart, but letting go of it builds a better person.' I know adjusting to those last bits of your childhood not being there with you anymore will be hard, but it's for the best." Tails said.
"I know." Cream said. "Just like I told myself, I don't really need them anymore... Everything I will ever need is here with me now until my time comes to close."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Though a person will never truly grow up,
growth will always personify man."
-The Wisest of Men