Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Wish For ❯ Don't Hold Your Breath ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! It's me! I thought of this idea at two in the morning. Ironically, Watch For Stars was going to use the same idea for her sequel to Reality Check. She was kind enough to let me use it anyway. Thanks Star! Trust me, the next chapter is better. By the way, I am Ben, and Wes is the guy that wrote the story A New Shadow. Please enjoy.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the chracters in this story except for me and my friends, and our other selves.
 
It all started out as a normal day. Ben and his friends were playing Sonic Riders for the XBOX in his basement.
 
“Yes! I win!” Ben gloated. “Ya see? I told you guys Tails is the best.”
 
“Tails isn't the best” Wes said.
 
“Yeah, what Wes said.” Conor agreed.
 
“You know guys,” Ben said, “We play these Sonic games all the time. Wouldn't it be cool if we could actually be in stuff like this?”
 
Wes replied, “Well, duh. But don't hold your breath.”
 
Ben sighed, “Hey, let's go check how stories are comin.”
 
“I'm in” Wes said.
 
“Fine, I'll come” Conor said
 
They went to the computer upstairs. They logged onto Mediaminer.org. First they checked on Ben's story.
 
“Hey Ben? How's your story coming?” Wes asked.
 
“Oh pretty good” Ben responded. “ Star just helped me make up a character for my story. She's gonna be Shadow's girlfriend.”
 
“Great.” Wes responded. “But I'm more of a Shadouge guy myself.”
 
“I know Wes. And in your story's case, I am too. But other than that, I'm a true Knuxouge fan. And so is Conor.
 
They went to Wes' story, A New Shadow.
 
“Oh, sorry Wes. Looks like you don't have any new reviews.” Ben said. “I'm gonna get on AIM.”
 
Ben logged on, and noticed that Star was on.
 
beminem13 (12:31): hey
Writes and Reads (12:31): Hi
beminem13 (12:31): wuts up
Writes and Reads (12:32): Not Much
beminem13 (12:32): Thanx 4 helpin me with Fin
Writes and Reads (12:32): No problem
beminem13 (12:33): My friends and I are wishin we were in Mobius
Writes and Reads (12:33): Good luck with that
beminem13 (12:34): lmao
beminem13 (12:34): My friends wanna lose to me in Sonic Riders again bye
Writes and Reads (12:34): Byez
 
With that, Ben logged off. The three went back downstairs.
 
“Man, I wish we were in Mobius. You know, being an animal and everything else” Ben said.
 
Ben reset the XBOX.
 
Instead of the usual XBOX logo appearing, the screen was showing something different.
 
Please enter: A,A,B,B,X,Y,X,Y,Start,Up,Down,Left,Right,Start.
 
“Ben, what is wrong with this thing?” Conor asked.
 
“I don't know. It's probably cause I bought this piece of shit at ShopKo. I don't know what this will do, but it's not like anything weird is gonna happen, right?” Ben said.
 
Ben entered the code, then the screen said something else.
 
Please stay calm. You may feel dizziness while being sent to destination.
 
“Ben, what the hell is wrong with your XBOX?” Wes asked.
 
Please enter
 
“Please enter?” Ben asked. “Sure, now we can enter the TV Holy Shit!”
 
To Ben's amazement, his hand was in fact going through the television screen.
 
“Guys,” Ben said, “I have no idea where the hell this might take us, but we'll jump in one at a time on three. One, Two, Three!”
 
Ben, Conor, and Wes jumped in one after the other, and the Tv shut off.
 
A/n: I know, weird ending. Trust me, Chapter 2 is better. Please review!