Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Shock Horror ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: None of the characters in this story belong to me, they belong to somebody else
 
Because of You
 
It can't be possible…
 
It defies all the rules of physics…
 
It can't be true…
 
Voices fill my head as I try to open my eyes. Am I… dead? Why can't I hear Cosmo then? There's only one way to find out. I open my eyes.
 
A hospital room, the same one I had that fit in, still pale and greying, still dull and haunting. A few tears prick at the corner of my eyes. I'm not dead. The voices can still be heard, I wonder what they're talking about. I lie back in the pillow and listen, for it's the only thing I can do.
 
Are there any friends or family we can contact?
 
Sonic… Sonic the Hedgehog…
 
The shaggy dog who first diagnosed me entered the room, clipboard in hand, and he settled at the edge of the bed. He looked at me, and noticed my tears before looking at his feet. I feel sick. I had come so close to seeing her again, why am I still here?
 
“You gave us all a nasty turn there, little guy,” the dog started, “You choked on your own vomit.”
 
“Why?” I whispered hoarsely, “Why did you bother to save me? There are others who deserve it, and I just wanted to be left in peace.”
 
“There's a reason out there for you to live, it's not healthy to want things to be this way,” the dog replied. Ha. Very funny. The only reason that there was for me is dead. And she's never coming back. Not ever.
 
“I just want to die, is that so wrong?” I whispered. The dog shook his head at me. I could've sworn I heard him say yes.
 
“We've gotten into contact with a few of your friends and they'll be visiting you this afternoon.”
 
No. Not Sonic. Anyone but Sonic. I don't want to see him being sympathetic towards me. I don't want anyone to be sympathetic. I've made up my mind. Heck, Sonic would probably try and say he's sorry when he's not. Fuck him. Fuck them all.
 
“I don't want to see them,” I firmly said. The dog shook his head, “We've called them now, so it's a bit too late. Besides, it might do you good.”
 
Do me good? Ha. How can Sonic or any of the others make me feel any better? Heck, it'd make me feel so much worse. I folded my arms and sulked, “I don't want to see them,” I said tightly.
 
The dog shrugged, “It'll do you good to have your friends by your side.”
 
At that, he left the room. How dare he?! Deciding what he thinks is best for me! Only I can decide that, and what's best for me is death! Why can't people see that?!
 
I can only lie there, hoping I'll choke on my own vomit again before my friends come visiting. I gaze at my scarred arms, some of which were still scabbed and infected. I don't care though.
 
I just lay there thinking. Thinking about all kinds of things. I remember what happened before I passed out. I was thinking about him. Why? I don't give a damn about him. When I was sad, he never comforted me, and when he did come to my door, he screwed me. Sick pervert. I hate him. I really do.
 
Afternoon rolled around eventually. It came all too quick for my liking. I tried to pretend I was asleep so that they'd all leave me alone. But they never did. Rouge didn't come either; she's too busy chasing jewels. Good, one less visitor. But the others… damn it. Though I pretended to sleep I heard them.
 
Cream and Cheese bawled their eyes out for the whole time they were there, and I could hear Vanilla trying to comfort them in vain. Amy cried quite a bit when she came in too, whispering about how I didn't deserve this after so much had happened. She was right there, but if only she knew the truth, then she'd see that I do deserve it. I let her boyfriend fuck me. I didn't stop him until it was too late and the deed was done. Knuckles said nothing really. Just that he was sorry. Sorry for what? He did nothing to hurt me.
 
But he did. I heard Sonic come in and sit down. I gritted my teeth to make sure I didn't just kill him on the spot. I couldn't anyway, not with the machines attached to me. I was too weak. At that moment, I heard Sonic burst into tears.
 
“I'm so sorry, Tails, if only I was there, I could've stopped it from happening…” Sonic babbled, going on and on about how he could've saved me. Ha. He could've saved Cosmo. But he didn't bother. It's his own fault I'm laying here, because he didn't even try.
 
I heard him get up to leave, and that's when I opened my eyes, “Sonic…” I whispered hoarsely.
 
“Tails?” Sonic turned around, and I saw his normally green, full-of-life eyes filled with tears. He looked at me lying there, awake. I hope it burns into his memory forever. I glared at him, “You… bastard…”
 
“Tails… I…” Sonic began but I didn't want to hear it.
 
“You should be here… not me…” Sonic looked at his feet as I said that in the coldest voice I had.
 
“I'm sorry Tails…” he said before he took that as his cue to leave, and I could hear him crying on the way. Good. He deserves all the pain he gets. And he, be sorry? That'll be the day.
 
At least the visits are over. That's something. I can only hear the doctor's talking. About whom I didn't know.
 
“How can that be?”
 
“The results are positive,”
 
“Its better we tell him straight away,”
 
“Are you sure that is wise?”
 
“He has a right to know…”
 
The door to my room opened. Could that mean they have been talking about me? The black shaggy dog walked in with that clipboard he always carries and sat at the very end of my bed. I know that this is important, but I just can't care less.
 
“What?” I said in a low, rude tone. The dog was shuffling, a little nervous.
 
“Well… this is going to be hard to believe… but when you had that fit and choked on your own vomit, we tested you for any unknown diseases…”
 
“I'm not a lab rat,” I found myself whispering coldly.
 
“And we came up with something,” The dog continued, ignoring my statement, “We couldn't believe it was true, but the results all pointed to positive…”
 
“Just spit it out already!” I said in the angriest voice I could muster. The dog jumped at my anger before looking at his clipboard, sighing and looking me in the eyes.
 
“I'm afraid to say you're pregnant, Mr. Prower.”
 
I passed out on the pillows.