Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: None of the characters in this story belong to me, they belong to somebody else
 
Because of You
 
Pregnant
 
I can't believe it.
 
Pregnant
 
I won't believe it.
 
Pregnant
 
I'm a GUY for God's sake! Guys don't get pregnant, do they?! So how the hell could this `analysis' be true?
 
The doctor's will figure it out. I'm not pregnant. They're doing this to scare me, or they miscalculated. I mean, doctors make mistakes all the time, don't they? It can't be true. It isn't true.
 
Pregnant
 
That same word runs through my head, haunting me again and again. It won't leave me alone. Even in my sleep, it repeats itself, along with images of blood, and a screaming half-breed baby, with two fox tails, and hedgehog quills. It's not true, tell me it's not true!
 
But it is true. I know it is but I refuse to believe it. The doctors proved it. They showed me the test results, and I didn't believe them. They had me take a regular pregnancy test and I thought the test was messed up. But then they showed me the one thing that made me realize this was really happening. The foetus. He gave me a really early ultrasound and I saw it. The foetus.
 
But I don't want to believe it. I don't want to be pregnant. I'm only fourteen! I'm not old enough to be a parent! I suppose… I could abort it but… it feels like murder. I don't want to lower myself to that level.
 
And the worst thing about this? Sonic's the father. He knocked me up. And now I'm carrying his baby. It makes me feel sick to have this life form growing inside of me and the father could have saved Cosmo's life. It's horrible, that's what it is.
 
A tube is stuck down my throat in the mornings until it removed the vomit. Morning sickness, yuck.
 
My mind's in panic mode. I've never felt more scared than I have ever felt in my entire life. I can't stop thinking about Sonic either. About what he'd say, what he'd do… I don't want him near me. I've made that clear when he visited. Plus, there's the fact that this is only a three-month pregnancy. I'm not even thinking about death anymore. I don't want to bring an innocent life to death because of my selfish-ness. I'll stay alive to see the baby born. I have to.
 
The doctors come in for my check-up and announce that I am getting better, at any rate. But I still need that blood transfusion. Damn. I'm going to need that transfusion to help keep the baby alive.
 
I don't know why, but since finding out I was pregnant, death doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. Maybe when it's born, I'll move away, and look after it. And Sonic won't be allowed anywhere near it. Who knows what could happen?
 
I have my lunch, which I nearly wolf down, to the surprise of the nurse who brought it to me. I guess hunger is a huge part of pregnancy too.
 
Other than that, I'm alone for the afternoon. That's what I thought it would be like anyway. A chance for me to catch up on my sleep, and hopefully dream of something other than Sonic or the birth. But no, it never went like that.
 
I did fall asleep, but loud banging awoke me, and caused me to shake a little as I feared for the worst. I rolled over and caught sight of a blue hedgehog barricading the doors. No one must know he's here; he's dressed in a long coat and hat. But I know it's him. A feeling's there inside of me that tells me it's him.
 
My eyes snap open widely and a look of fury crosses my face, “SONIC, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”
 
Sonic didn't pay any attention to me. He just pushed all kinds of heavy stuff to block the door, taking the cabinet next to me and grunting to block the door. No one was coming, I can't hear them. They definitely don't know he's here.

The door's completely barricaded. I widen my eyes, “What are you doing?” I asked again, in a quieter voice, my throat beginning to hurt now.
 
Sonic turned to face me, taking off his hat slowly and looking at me with a tearful expression, “We need to talk,” Sonic claimed slowly.
 
Talk? I didn't want to talk to him. I just wanted him to leave. I said everything I had to say to him when he visited last time. That he was a bastard and I never wanted to see him again. All the rage I had tried to forget for the sake of a healthy pregnancy boiled up inside of me and I opened my mouth to scream, but Sonic placed a hand over my mouth.
 
“Please, Tails… just give me a chance to explain,” Sonic begged me. Pathetic. He's trying to look innocent, and sweet. Utterly pathetic.
 
I struggled but I still wasn't strong enough to fight Sonic off. Sonic easily fended off my struggles, “Listen Tails, this won't go unsaid; I need to explain myself, like I should've done after… it happened…”
 
I sigh, realizing my defeat and I slouch back in the bed, folding my arms across my chest and wincing, an infected scar on my arm causing me a little pain. Sonic grabs a spare chair and scoots up next to me.
 
He says nothing. He has his fingers on his chin as I wait impatiently. I'm ready to scream for someone at any moment. It won't take much effort, though my throat is beginning to feel raw and sore.
 
“Well?” I began, a hint of nastiness in my voice. Sonic has seemed to find interest in his feet, and he twirled his ankles a bit, deep in thought.
 
“Tails… I… how can I start?” Sonic said slowly, choosing his words very carefully, his hands moving in awkward motion in his lap. Determined not to meet his gaze, I focused on either his hands in his lap or the pale ceiling above me.
 
“You can start from the beginning,” I said firmly, waiting impatiently for Sonic to explain everything. This is going to be good…
 
“Tails… I… I don't know how to explain why I did what I did, but it felt so right with you and I must not have been thinking straight at the time, but I thought you felt the same and… what else can I say… I'm so sorry Tails…”
 
I glare, “Is that it?”
 
Sonic looked up at me, “What else is there to say?!”
 
I pause, thinking of a good comeback. I know there is still plenty more that needs to be said, “What do you mean, `it felt so right with you'? You're with Amy, Sonic! And you cheated on her with me! Why the hell did you do that to her Sonic?! Why do that to me?!”
 
“Tails, I care about Amy!” Sonic blurted out, his eyes glazed over angrily, “Do you think I would do a single thing to hurt her?”
 
“You really care about Amy huh? Well, tell me then! Tell me you love her!”
 
Sonic was about to reply when he paused abruptly, biting his lip slowly, teetering on dangerous ground. I smirk, “I see. You don't love Amy at all, do you?”
 
“Of course I do!”
 
“Well say it then!”
 
Sonic paused again, looking at his feet, “I… I can't…”
 
He doesn't love her. That's all that can mean. Why? Why is he still with her? Why keep a terrible secret from her?
 
“You have a think there Sonic… how do you think Amy is going to react and feel when she finds out what's happened between us? Do you think it's going to be pretty, because you and I both know that nobody, and I mean, NOBODY, plays with that girl's heart and gets away with it.”
 
Sonic shivers as I say that in an evil tone, “She won't find out,” he said, trying to force confidence in his voice.
 
“Oh she won't huh? What makes you so sure of that?”
 
“She just won't,” Sonic shakily replied.
 
“Oh yes she will and when that time comes, she's not going to be very happy is she?”
 
Sonic growled, “And how will she find out Tails?! You gonna tell her?! There's nothing you can do! That night between us was a mistake! We both know that! Why do you hate me so much for that one mistake?!”
 
That was it. I had snapped. He thinks it's all about him? He's dead wrong, “You think that I hate you because of what happened that time?! Yes! I do! But what lead me into depression?! It was her death! This is your fault! You never saved her! You evil bastard, you could've saved her!”
 
Sonic was in complete shock from that, I could tell. He was trying to find the words to say, “Tails… I… I…”
 
“I trusted you! She trusted you! You were supposed to be her friend Sonic and you left her to die! We trusted you; you're not fit to be a hero!” I almost screamed.
 
Sonic's face went red and his eyes popped out of his head, “You think you were the only one to care about Cosmo, Foxboy?! You think that I would've saved her if I could've?! No! There was no bloody hope Tails, none! If anything, you killed her, not me!”
 
I paused, and I could feel my face go pale. My whole body felt cold and my breathing pace quickened. I… killed Cosmo? How could I have?
 
“I loved her! I loved Cosmo more than anything!”
 
“Some way to prove how much you loved her then isn't it?!”
 
I begin shaking. I can't stop shaking. I really killed Cosmo? It was… me?
 
XXXXX
 
My thumb sat there, barely touching the firing button for the Sonic Driver cannon. I gaze ahead at the giant black Planet Egg, and on top of it was a beautiful tree with pure pink leaves and bushes. I could almost see Cosmo there. She was the tree. And she was at death's mercy.
 
Tears leak out of my eyes. I never wanted it to end this way. I had always imagined that when all this was over, Cosmo would come back to live with us. And it would stay that way forever. And we would grow up together, probably even get married…
 
But I never imagined this. She's telling me to shoot her. It's too hard! Because… Cosmo, I can't! I love you too much!
 
A loud explosion was heard next, and I noticed my thumb was firmly pressed on the button which fired the cannon. I can't believe it. She's gone…
 
XXXXX
 
Sonic's right… I don't believe it. But it's there, in my mind. I killed my first and probably only love. It wasn't Sonic. I feel sick at myself.
 
Murderer
 
“Tails?” Sonic asks me, just grasping what he said and trying in vain to take it all back, “Tails, I'm sorry!”
 
“I think you'd better go, Sonic,” I claimed coldly.
 
“Tails! I'm sorry! I take it back! I didn't mean it!” Sonic cried. I didn't even notice the tears leaking down Sonic's face.
 
Murderer
 
“It's true…” I mutter in shock.
 
“No it's not Tails! You loved her!” Sonic wailed, trying to get me to look in his eyes. His emerald-green eyes are filled with tears.
 
Murderer
 
I've got a funny way of showing it. Hell, I killed her. And I loved her. Bit strange how that works isn't it? I place my hand on my belly, which was slowly beginning to develop. What if I end up doing the same to my baby?
 
“T-Tails?” Sonic sobbed, looking at me hopefully.
 
“Bastard…” I coughed, feeling my throat reel in pain, “You… b-bastard…”
 
“Tails… I…”
 
“You screw me, I'm put into hospital, and I find out I'm pregnant, yet I can't help but feel that I deserve it,” I say in an eerie tone.
 
Sonic's eyes widen at what I said. He must've caught on, “P-Pregnant? B-But how?”
 
“Just go Sonic…” I whisper. Sonic grabs my hand, trying to reason with me but I end up shouting “JUST GO!” straight into his face.
 
Sonic winced, alligator tears streaked across his cheeks as he began moving the stuff he had used to barricade the door. I rolled over, not wanting to be seen by anybody. When all of it was moved, I heard Sonic leave.
 
And I could've sworn I heard the words `I love you Tails,' as he left.