Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Careful What You Wish For ❯ The Final Battle Begins ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"AMY, LOOK OUT!!" Tails shouted, but it was too late. Just as Amy turned around, Super's beam had entered right through the pink hedgehog's chest and exited through her back.

Amy looked down slowly at her newly bloodstained dress, trying to speak, but only stuttering as she dropped to her knees, placing a hand over the rapidly bleeding hole.

"Amy, no!!" Sonic yelled rushing to his lifelong admirer's aide. The lightning fast hedgehog caught Amy before she could finish collapsing to the ground.

"AMY!!" The others shouted, hurrying over to their injured friend as well.

"Amy! Come on, Ames. Don't leave me." Sonic pleaded as Amy's body lay limp in his arms.

"So... (cough)... Sonic." Amy choked out. The blue hedgehog smiled weakly at her, tears filling his eyes. "Just hang on, Amy. You're gonna be fine. I promise." Sonic told her. The pink hedgehog smiled back with fading strength and whispered, "Hmm... you've (cough) always been a terrible liar, Sonic the Hedgehog."

All of Sonic's friends had now gathered around him and Amy. None of them could bear to lose another friend.

Sonic was now crying when he said, "Listen, Amy. I... need to tell you something. I know that... i always avoided you and rejected your love and affection, but the truth is... I love you, Amy Rose... I truly love you."

Amy gave Sonic one final smile and whispered, "I always knew. (cough) I... love you too, Sonic the He..." At that moment, Amy let out a small gasp, and the pink hedgehog took her final breath. Amy Rose had died... another victim of Super's murderous rampage.

"Amy... no. Please no. AMYYY!!!" Sonic yelled at the top of his lungs, grieving for his newly confessed love.

"It's not fair! It's not fair, damn it! Why!? When is all of this going to end!?" Tails cried, clenching his fists so tightly that a light crimson color had begun to stain the palms of his gloves.

Cream sat down and took hold of Amy's lifeless hand, sobbing loudly for the one that had been to her what Sonic had been to Tails... an older sibling to watch over and protect her. And now she's gone.

Everyone continued to shed tears for their departed friend when suddenly, Tails' ears perked up as he heard a voice speak to them.

"Oops... I think I broke your friend." Super chuckled as he slowly approached the remaining heroes.

Everyone turned around to face the heartless fiend who had taken Amy's life.

"You..." Sonic growled from the back of his throat. The blue hedgehog gently laid Amy's body on the ground and stood up, glaring daggers at the demented fox. "You BASTARD!!!" Sonic screamed, charging full force at Super.

"Sonic, don't do it!" Tails shouted, but his plea had fallen on deaf ears. The speedy blue hero was hellbent on avenging Amy's death, and thus continued after his target, his rage blinding him to what his foe was truly capable of.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!" Sonic screamed, going into an intense spindash attack and barreling towards Super.

"How pathetic." Super chuckled, holding out his left hand, catching Sonic just before the blue one's attack could make contact. Super just laughed at his opponent.

"Is that REALLY the best you can do, Sonic? This will be over sooner than I thought."

The vicious super vulpine then placed his other hand on Sonic, despite the intense revolutions of the hero's body. "Get out of my sight!" Super yelled, throwing Sonic back towards his friends at tremendous speed.

"Guys, look out!" The blue spiked hero shouted, unable to stop himself or his spin.

"Scatter!!" Tails yelled, allowing everyone to move to safety in time... everyone but him, that is. The selfless fox was too worried about his friends' well-being, that he himself was unable to escape his older brother's spin attack.

"OOF!" Tails grunted as Sonic collided with the young kit, knocking them both to the ground. Both lay still for a few moments until Sonic slowly raised his head up and saw Tails laying face-down next to him.

"Tails!! Tails, are you okay!?" Sonic asked, crawling to the fox's side as their other friends ran over to them.

"Are you guys alright?" Knuckles questioned as he placed the emeralds on the ground and helped Sonic to his feet, as Cream did for Tails.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What about Tails?"

"Blrblrblr... I'm alright, Sonic." Tails said, shaking his head, trying to re-orient himself. The kit then turned around to face his other self.

"Guys... He's mine." Tails stated, stepping forward. Super raised an eyebrow at Tails. "So... somehow you survived. I must say, I'm impressed. But it won't be enough to stop me." Tails was staring a hole straight through his anti-self and smiled. If looks could kill, Super would be six feet under right now.

"I would like to know how you're still alive, though." Super stated.

"That's easy... You suck." Tails grinned, then his face took on a more serious expression.

The golden anti-Tails growled softly, then began to laugh hysterically, noticing the kits' determined stare. "Ohh... Don't tell little Miles is finally gonna come out and play?"

Tails glared at his mirror image and said, "You bet I am... and I don't think you're gonna like the games I play." What Tails would do next would shock all of his friends, and even Super.

The young fox threw his arms straight out on either side and shouted, "Chaos Emeralds, come to me!" A moment later, the Chaos Emeralds that Knuckles had set down began to levitate and then took off, heading directly towards Tails.

"What's going on?" Cream asked, noticeably afraid.

"Not sure." Sonic and Knuckles said at the same time.

At this point the Chaos Emeralds had reached Tails and started glowing brightly, revolving around the young fox. Tails slowly moved his arms in front of himself, crossing them in an "X" formation and closed his eyes. The emeralds began spinning faster and faster until suddenly, all seven emeralds disappeared into the fox's body.

Tails stayed in the same position as everyone, including Super, looked on in anticipation. When nothing happened, Super began to laugh mockingly at the other fox.

"Well, that was indeed an impressive light show, but I think your little trick was a dud."

Tails' eyes quickly shot open, now a shade of orange a little lighter than his fur instead of their normal sky blue. The young kit soon gave a taunting laugh of his own.

"Hehe... don't be so sure. AAAHH!!" Tails screamed, throwing his arms back down to his sides and leaning backwards. The young vulpine was instantly engulfed in a blinding white light.

"What the... what the hell is that litle twerp doing!?" Super half-shouted, not expecting anything like this from his other self.

Everyone else watched on in astonishment as the light around Tails quickly disappeared, leaving a somewhat unfamiliar sight before their very eyes.

It was indeed the Tails they all knew, but his appearance had drastically changed. His fur had gone from orange to pure white and he now had red hightlights on his three bangs, as well as on his arms, legs, and the top of his head.

Sonic couldn't believe what he was seeing. "T...Tails!? Is... that you?"

The new Tails turned around, smiling at his friend and brother and smiled. "Yes, Sonic. It is me." He spoke in a voice slightly deeper than usual. "But... how did... but he... and you..." Was all Knuckles could say, completely dumbfounded.

"I'm not sure, Knuckles... But it doesn't matter. It's time to put a stop to this." Cream smiled at the glowing kit and said, "Get 'im, Tails."

"Right."

Super was now furious. "What... but, that's impossible! How can you possess a Super form... I AM YOUR SUPER FORM!!" The evil kit shouted.

Tails only laughed at his opponents' ignorance. "Maybe that's because this isn't a Super form." Super was growing more infuriated by the second. "But, if you're not Super Tails, then what the hell are you!?"

Tails rushed up directly in front of Super, so quickly that no one even saw him move, thus surprising the evil fox. He was now nose-to-nose with his anti-self when he shouted...

"I am... CHAOS TAILS!!"

Chaos Tails then delivered a devestating punch to Super's gut, dropping the powerful fox villain to his knees clutching his stomach. "(cough) How... (hack) how did you... do that?" Super asked, out of breath.

"What? You mean THIS!?" The Chaos powered kit said as he employed his new abilities to administer another crippling blow, this time to Super's face, sending him rocketing into a large boulder embedded in the ground, shattering it to pebbles.

All of Tails' friends began cheering for the fox, when without warning, Super shot out from the rubble, flying high into the air and cupping his hands together.

"Enough of these games! CHAOS... WAVE!!" In an instant, the same black and red energy shot forth, closing in on Chaos Tails. "Tails, move!" Cream shouted, but Chaos Tails didn't budge.

Once the Chaos Wave was mere inches away, Chaos Tails simply flicked his wrist and smacked the energy away with the back of his hand, as casually as if he were swatting a fly.

"Is that all you got?" Chaos Tails taunted, now balancing on his twin appendages, flexing his fingers in the 'Come Get Some' gesture.

"You cocky little brat. I haven't even begun to tap the well of my power!" Super sneered, rushing towards the fox kit at a speed even faster than Sonic himself.

"Tails, get outta there!" Sonic warned his two-tailed friend, but Tails didn't heed his older brother's warning. "Take... THIS!!" Super shouted as he threw a close range punch at tremendous velocity. However, Tails' reflexes and speed had increased a hundred fold, the young fox proving this by moving to the side and avoiding Super's punch.

"What!? Ugnh, ugh, agh!" The vulpine villain grunted loudly in frustration, throwing an endless volley of punches and kicks, but to no avail.

Tails was rapidly dodging his opponents' attacks. So quickly in fact, that if not for the marks on the ground under Tails' feet, you would not have known that the little fox had moved at all.

"DAMN IT! WHY CAN'T I HIT YOU!?!?" Super screamed at the top of his lungs, ceasing his failing attack.

Tails gave his adversary an innocent look and calmly said, "You didn't say "Please."

"Fine... PLEASE!!" The evil fox bellowed, driving an earth-shattering blow to the Chaos fox's face. "NO!!" Tails' friends all shouted at the same time. "I... I got him. I got him!" Super celebrated, but too soon as he then noticed a smile cross Tails' muzzle.

"What was THAT?" Chaos Tails chuckled at his foe.

Super stumbled backwards, both out of fear, and in preparation for his next attack. "No... impossible. Damn it... I WON'T BE MADE A FOOL OF!!!" Tails' diabolical doppelganger had finally went off the deep end. He began thrusting his hands forward as fast as he could, releasing hundreds upon thousands of powerful energy blasts, each one creating a large cloud of dust and dirt once they made contact.

Sonic and the others watched on in horror as they saw what they believed to be their young fox friend losing his life yet again to this heartless creature.

After what seemed like hours, but in reality was less than a minute, Super halted his onslaught, convinced that his righteous self was no more. "Surely THAT must have finished the little brat off."

"Tails, NO!!" Cream cried, dropping to her knees and holding her face in her hands. Once the dust had begun to settle, Knuckles could make out a silhouette amongst the dirt cloud.

"Cream, look!" The echidna shouted happily.

"Wha... TAILS!" The rabbit squealed, seeing that her first love was still alive.

Super's ears twitched when he heard the fox's name. "Huh!? There's no way! No one could survive that... NO ONE!!" But despite his bold declarations, one person... rather one FOX... did... and he was PISSED.

"Super," Chaos Tails said as the dust cleared, "You tried to kill me, you killed one of my best friends, and caused another to give up his own life for mine. This cannot be forgiven!" The Chaos fox said coldly, raising his left hand and pointing his middle and index fingers at the now frightened Super.

"Wait... don..." But before he could finish, four golden rings of pure energy shot from Chaos Tails' fingertips. The quartet of rings zoomed above Super's head, then descended down, encircling the villainous fox's body.

Without warning, the rings instantly shrank, two of them binding the psycho kit's legs together, whilst the remaining two pinned his arms at his sides.

Super growled, struggling against his bonds, but to no avail. In his weakened state the evil vulpine was unable to break free. "Wh... What the hell is this!?"

Chaos Tails said, in a booming voice, "This... is revenge!"

The pre-teen fox slowly ascended into the air and shouted, "And in the words of my favorite anime character..." Tails cupped his hands together at his side.

"Ka... me... ha... me..."

Super was thrashing wildly at his bonds shouting, "This can't be how it ends... I won't allow it!!"

"HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Tails yelled, releasing a massive beam of Chaos energy five times the width of his body. Tails gave one parting thought to his opponent.

"This is for Shadow... for Amy... for everyone! Goodbye!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Super screamed as his entirebody was engulfed by Tails' devestating attack. It seemed as though it was finally over...

....To Be Continued