Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Fear of the spirits ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Chapter 2 Battle between the enemies

I followed the voice, turning to my left, only to be facing the blue hedgehog.

"Sonic...." I sighed with relief.

" I saw your island fall into the ocean, so I sped over to get a closer look." the hedgehog replied.

With this reminder of my now deceased Island, I hung my head a bit in sorrow.

Sonic had seemed to notice my pain, and quickly responded.

" Don’t worry buddy, everything will be back to good in no time." With this he gave his trademark grin.

I was taken back slightly by the fact that he had just called me "buddy" But I was too preoccupied to retort about it now.

" Come with me back to Knothole!" Sonic yelled now loudening his voice to defeat the loud surroundings we were in. " It may not be the best shelter but this storm is only getting worse!" With that the Hedgehog dashed passed me and disappeared into the darkness of the storm.

"Sonic wait!" I yelled, now enraged that Sonic had ignored the fact that I wouldn’t be able to keep up.


I started to run in the direction of where I last saw the blue hedgehog in an attempt to at least follow his quickly disappearing tracks.

"Dammit!" I screamed as I pounded into the damp earth. I had completely lost the Hedgehog’s tracks and scent.

I was alone again, and completely lost. The best I thought to do was at least keep traveling in the same direction that the tracks of the blue blur were last seen.

I lifted myself up from the ground where I had left two small craters in the ground from my fists, and trudged down the unknown path.

I didn’t really feel the desire to move on at that moment, but for some reason I at least wanted to live to be able to catch up to that pompous hedgehog. With this new motivation I sped through the prickling rain and wind with all my energy, making note of the Master Emerald that was still in my enclosed trembling fist.

After minutes of running, I came to a stop. I looked at the large forest now standing in front of me. It was a familiar sight for me... I had been here before..

"Knothole.." I breathed out as I slowly walked into the foliage.

It wasn’t much more pleasant in the woods, either. Branches and leaves were being flung in every which way.

I tried dodging all the flying objects as best I could, but occasionally got nicked by stray branches and debris. Finally I stepped out into a large clearing with relief, I had made it to Knothole. I looked around only to see that the place was just as uninviting and deserted as my landing ground was. Instead of wasting more time on examining the obvious, I slinked silently around the houses. I felt somewhat helpless with the fact that I didn’t know the Knothole folk well..

‘They sure won’t welcome me with open arms...’ I thought bitterly to myself.

I was about to latch to a nearby tree so I could rest up there, when something suddenly clamped on my left shoulder.

I stopped cold in my tracks, not daring to turn around.

Then with relief I heard someone with a rather sarcastic tone " Man, you are as cold on the outside as you are on the inside aren’t ya Knux."

I looked over my shoulder, with not a smirk, but rather a cold glare, as I said " You left me out there to die, you know I’m not as fast as you." Even though I hated to admit, he was indeed faster.

"Sorry about that, I had forgotten you were a slow helpless Echidna." The hedgehog retorted with such confidence, that I was enraged. I quickly shook off the grip he had on my shoulder and shot a fierce look at him.

With that he backed up one step in surprise. " C’mon buddy you know I’m only joking."

With this I hissed "Don’t call me buddy." I tried to add a threatening tone to it in an attempt to make him shut up.

"Alright, alright, lets not fight for right now, we can save that for later..." After this Sonic motioned for me to follow him as he walked through the village.

I looked around the inhabitation, I found the place rather uncomfortable. But to say the least I wasn’t good with company in the first place. Too many people was overwhelming.. Which was how I felt at that moment.

After a few moments, I averted my attention back on the Hedgehog that was now walking at a quicker pace. With this I hastened as well.

After a few moments in silence, Sonic stopped in front of a hut that was seemingly larger than the rest.

"Well here we are" Sonic said, sounding eager " Come on inside."

I responded with a nod and followed him into the dimly lit hut.

"What is this place?" I asked out of curiosity

With that the hedgehog zoomed into a smaller room that was attached to the area, and sped back out with a handful of something.

"Food!" He replied gingerly, as he stuffed his face with a chilidog.

I wasn’t too surprised at this. I rolled my eyes with a rather agitated look crossing my face, and sat down, leaning against one of the hut walls.

I could feel the gaze of the Hedgehog baring upon me. I avoided his stare by closing my eyes, I bowed my head to block out the faint light that was glowering from the candle that flickered on the table where Sonic was snacking.

" Why so glum Red?"

I winced, still buried in my arms. It didn‘t take a genius to figure out what was wrong.. But I still left Sonic’s question unanswered.

After hearing a small sigh the hedgehog ignored the fact that I wasn’t answering him. " I can’t believe your going to let all this food go to waste.. But, then there’s more for me."

Now I knew he was trying to get to me.

" Guardians have to get hungry sometime.. Mmm..."

By this time I was getting agitated at the Hedgehog’s effort to make me talk.

I started to hear shuffling, by now Sonic had moved closer to where I sat, still with my eyes closed, and my face covered in my Ruby colored dreads.

"MMMMMMM... SURE IS GOOD!"

Now I was twitching with fury. I then shot out my fist where I estimated he was. I was right on the dot.
I heard a thump on the floor, then a whining Hedgehog.

" Maaan you didn’t have to hit me! Even with your eyes closed your still a mindless boxer.." I heard him moan and curse angrily, which made me smirk, but that wouldn’t be visible to him... With the Hedgehog’s defeat, I came out of my position and rose up to my feet, only to see him rubbing his arm, most likely where I had hit him.

" I’m not hungry right now... Too much has happened to be concerned with food.." I said, with a touch of sarcasm to my voice as an intended insult.

" You tell that to your stomach when it wakes you up at night." Sonic snapped.

At his remark I let out a small chuckle and smirked.

" I’ve gone on without food longer than you could imagine." I said in a challenging tone.

"Sure.." Sonic said, as if sarcasm were the only way he could defend himself. " We should get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a big day. We need to find out what happened tonight.."

I nodded and followed as we headed back outside.

The rain had lightened, and the wind had died down. It was now only a slight drizzle and Knothole was quieted to a silent peace.

The silence... Although very comforting, seemed unnatural to me still. I stopped in my tracks, tuning my skills. Something was moving close to us.

The Hedgehog had noticed I stopped, and walked over running off his motor mouth about how I shouldn’t be so worried. He only received one of my gloves to his mouth. I looked around noticing that the rustling had stopped.

Sonic slapped my hand off and went on about being too tense and such. I simply ignored him.


‘Fool..’ I crudely thought as I watched him saunter into his hut. ‘He hadn’t heard a thing...’




*Wow, that was a long chapter @.@ (kicks self for giving to many pages) Argh. Please don't hate me, I once again failed to write a good worthy chapter (cries) Don't hate meeee*