Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Only a Nemisis ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I casually entered the hedgehog's home, looking around his dwelling. It was a complete mess.

Sonic was now a blue blur passing throughout the hut, quickly cleaning things up. I rolled my eyes with a small smirk and leaned against the doorway waiting.

After a minute's wait, the hedgehog jumped onto his bed and laid his hands behind his head, looking particularly composed.

` It's amazing how naive and clueless he can be..' I thought to myself. I pushed off from the doorframe and settled against the hut's sturdy wall, closing my eyes, only to hear the soft pattering of raindrops dancing on the roof.

It was a comforting kind of lullaby... I was on the verge of sleep when suddenly I heard rustling again.

I sat up, panting . My breathing was uneven, I didn't know why I was so on edge. I looked around, but to see a sleeping Sonic tossing and murmuring to himself.

I rolled my eyes while examining the hedgehog. He was negligent, why was he so carefree? Its a mystery in itself why he's still alive.
I broke off from my thoughts as I heard that eerie sound again.. It sounded like a massive amount of liquid. It’s depth sounding much like rain. But at the same time, clumsy and brittle in its travel. Whatever it, was...

I collected my thoughts and stepped towards the entrance of the hut, only to be met by a cold gust of air. I trembled slightly from the intensely freezing blast.

The descent of water was as heavy as it had been when I had first arrived at Knothole. And the wind had picked up again, sending cold chills down his spine.

`If there was something out there...' I shook my head in defiance to this thought. I knew that my natural senses would do me no good outside in this weather. I wouldn't be able to get a scent, or hear anything against the wind or the rain... ` I would be helpless'

I ignored my own logic, and stepped outside. I would have to rely completely on my strength and endurance.

` What am I doing?' I thought to myself rather shamefully. " Talk about letting my imagination get the better of me.." I said in a low hiss. I intended on returning to the hut, but something kept me glued to the spot. The threat seemed fascinating to me, that might even be my own mind.

`What if whatever might be out here, is what destroyed my island? I could eliminate the problem right here...' I mentally kicked myself for coming up with such a horribly thought out conclusion.

I started walking back to the hut, soaked and silently swearing to myself out of pure frustration.

But my curses soon turned to a small cry as something enclosed itself around my waist and yanked me backwards.

Out of terror I started punching and kicking in a frenzy, but to no avail. I was only rewarded with a swift blow to the stomach.

With the air knocked out of me, I fell to my knees and was easily dragged backwards. After regaining my breathe I started to struggle again, until another shadowy figure wrapped around my neck. I started to tug at the bindings around me with my fists, trying to break free with my razor sharp claws. I managed to mutilate whatever had been wrapped around my abdomen, but the grip around my neck only tightened.

I coughed and spat out a curse in rage, nothing was working, I didn't have the slightest idea what I was fighting.

My legs started to buckle as I felt myself grow hot. Being unsuccessful in attaining oxygen, I was losing breathe rapidly, and it was hard to hear, or even see for that matter. I slowly drifted into unconsciousness.

But I was awaked to see a blue streak pass by. I felt the grip loosen around my neck, until I was dropped to the ground.

I sat up, panting heavily. As my vision rushed back I saw that Sonic had knocked the creature back a small distance with his spin ball attack. I got up, still unbearably dizzy and light headed.

I ran quickly over to where Sonic was. He looked fierce, but scared...

The only other time I had seen him like this was when he faced the Perfect Chaos..

He clenched his teeth and ran back towards the now moving silhouette. I finally caught a good glimpse of it. Well, the shape of it that is. I could make out a very slender and tall angelic looking figure, its limbs were three times as long as its body. It didn't seem to have much of a head.

I followed in after the hedgehog to have my revenge on the being.

But as I slammed one of my fists at the figure, I was launched backwards.

"Damn!" I saw that Sonic was having the same problem.

Seeing this, I held out my hands and started to moved them in a circular motion. I then smashed my fists into the ground creating a ball of raging fire into the atmosphere. I kicked the fiery mass at the creature, hitting it dead on.

I heard an ear-piercing shriek as the shadowy figure met with the unified body of matter
I had created.

It sloshed into the darkness and completely disappeared.

I stood there in silence, staring at where the monster had once stood. I was mesmerized. 'Could that have been what destroyed..'

But I was soon cut off from my mind chatter as something whacked me upside the head.

I yelped and turned around. Only to see a furious Sonic.

"What the hell were you thinking? Idiot!"

I backed away rubbing my head, not sure what to say. I finally found my disposition and replied.

" Oh, so you would have rather let it destroy Knothole, then us? I was doing what was best!" I was surprised to see that the hedgehog was still enraged.

" You should have at least done me a favor by informing me that you wanted to wander outside and have your ass whooped!"

At this comment I was filled with anger.

" Since when have you cared about my well-being?! So just because I'm in trouble within running distance you care?!"

Wanting to get as far away from him as I could, I dashed inside Sonic's hut and retrieved the shrunken Master Emerald.

" I'm leaving now..." I said as I walked back to the door, but only to be stopped by the hedgehog who was blocking my only exit.

" No, we need to talk." He said it so casually that it was confusing. Was he still angry or had he cooled off?

Whichever it was, I was still determined to leave. I didn't want anything to do with Sonic at that moment. I just wanted to be alone.

" Move, Hedgehog." I intentionally added an insulting tone to the last word as if in an effort to anger Sonic even further.

I knew I could easily shove him aside, but for some reason I refused to.

" It’s still out there, and I'm sure it will take a chance at you again. Your out of your wits if your even thinking of being outside as of now." Sonic was now frowning, and looked extremely serious.

I didn't understand why he'd care. `I'm his nemesis after all, an enemy... right?'


~*End Of Chapter Three*~


Yeh, this one sucked too... Sorry about that. * Has failed* I’ll have the next chapter up soon, hopefully I’ll have improved a little more on my writing skills :/