Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Why do you want to hurt me? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
" Leave me be.. Hedgehog." I said coldly, then shoved him aside.

I was surprised at how easily he had let me through, when the expression on his face told a different story. I was now at the edge of Knothole, readying myself for a long journey through the dense forest.

As I started towards the woods I felt a hard blow to my back. I landed on my knees, the air knocked out of me. I looked over my shoulder, seeing Sonic towering over me. I got up, ignoring the pain now spreading through my backbone.

We stared at each other for a time. His emerald eyes pierced mine. He looked like this in battle... But I had only seen this look from when we first fought. I was brought back to reality when a swift punch to my cheek thrust my head to the left.

I rubbed the blood from the corner of my mouth with my gloved hand. ` Why is he doing this? Usually I start all the fights..' The Hedgehog came at me again, but this time I was prepared. I slid sideways on the mud, for once thankful that it was so slippery. I jerked around and slashed at his back with my clawed hand.

I made sure that it wasn't fatal, but would just be an annoyance to Sonic for the rest of this battle.

The Hedgehog although, was not so merciful towards me. I tried blocking all of his quick blows, but he was too fast. I was thrown across the ground from his last impact, and skidded to a stop.

` He must be serious...' I dreadfully thought ` Fine then...'

" I'm holding back you know..." I said, trying to hide the pain that gripped my voice.

I tried to ignore the throbbing in my arm and lower back. He had hit me three times. I couldn't take much more of this if I didn't use all of my force.

I put my fists up as a sign that I was ready for him.

The hedgehog sped towards me. I put out my hands only in a lock with his. We stood there holding our ground. Neither budging.

Sonic was stronger than I gave him credit for. But I had never quite seen him this motivated before. To hurt me... As this thought passed my mind, I asked.

" So if you plan on killing me now, why didn't you just let me die before? I mean it wouldn't have been all that difficult.."

After saying this I regretted it greatly.

He scowled and head-butted me, I backed up and lost my balance, falling to the cold earth.

Quickly I thought of an advantage and swiped my foot across the ground, making the hedgehog lose his footing.

He landed to the wet grass, with a small grunt.

I leapt up, and used my only chance at victory and pinned him to the ground.

" You give up, Hedgehog?"

I waited for a response, but received nothing.

I then looked closer and noticed that Sonic's eyes were closed.

` Huh... Must have given it his all..' I thought, realizing that he had passed out from exhaustion. I picked him up and tossed him over my shoulder, making sure to be careless with him, as if for revenge.

I don't quite know why I brought him back to his hut, after all, he had attacked me from behind. Which never fit as something he would do to an opponent.

He lay silently on his bed. Not moving, except for when he took in air.

I was lying against the wall again. Trying not to think of the battle, but more focusing on the creature I had encountered earlier. ` Was it after the Master Emerald?' Maybe. It seemed the most logical explanation for now.

I rubbed my back, trying to lessen the throbbing. I ached all over, sleep seemed very inviting to me now. With that thought I laid down and slowly drifted off to sleep.


That chapter was kind of short... Didn't really write the story in chapter format >.< So I had to end it early all. Still, this chapter was sucky. I'll try harder..