Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Here to stay ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Grrr You people aren't giving me any reviews! I need motivation to keep this going! I know who you aaaare *twitch* Review Review Review! Please? I tried to make a good chapter, hope you like, you non-reviewing meanies! Lol just kidding :P




I awoke with a start, feeling something poking and prodding at my face. My eyes snapped open, and I saw a small two-tailed fox leap back with a small yelp, I must have startled him.

" Knuckles! Your awake, wow I thought you were dead." Tails said looking concerned.

" I'm sure that's what you were hoping for..." I groggily replied

The fox gave a small hurt expression, but it was quickly swept away.

" You look kind of beat up... What happened?"

I looked at the fox, even I didn't know the answer for a moment. Then all the events that had occurred last night rushed back to me. My heart sank, I looked over at Sonic's bed, which was still occupied by the blue hedgehog.

A calm swept over me as I sighed in relief, then winced from the dull pain that was in my stomach. I was dumfounded for a moment, then my question was answered.

My stomach let out a rather large rumble. I covered it up and blushed slightly. Luckily my Crimson fur would hide the red complexion..

The young fox giggled at the sound and pulled me outside the hut.

I still ached all over, but was glad to see at least it was morning. Knothole was now teeming with life. Even if I wasn't too fond of crowds, after what happened last night I was glad to see someone other than Sonic.

Tails flicked his namesakes lively as we walked to the hut that Sonic had led me to the previous night.

"Plenty of food here," the fox chirped. "Something in particular you want?"

" Anything is fine.." I replied as I snatched a bun from the basket that was on the table.

The fox floated over and pulled out a candy bar and some soda.

I looked at him, disgusted, as he consumed the candy bar and gulped down the soda.

" Your going to get sick you know..." I said, a little worried.

" Sshhh.. Sally doesn't know I'm eating sweets in the morning." After saying that he grinned.

I rolled my eyes, and smiled slightly.

` Why am I still here?' I thought to myself, baffled by my own actions. ` I should leave before anything big happens...' I stood up.

"What're you doing?" Tails asked as he took a last chug of his soda.

" I think I'm going to leave now.." I replied. Even I sounded unsure of myself.

" You can't just leave now.." said the two-tailed fox " you just got here."

" Well.. er.. I'm leaving anyways." I said, as I headed for the door I bumped into a female chipmunk.

" Oh so sorry I didn't see you..." Replied the chipmunk as she looked up, her silky hazel hair shaping her face.

I let out a small gasp. " Sally?"

" Knuckles! Its been so long, good to see you! I heard about Angel Island.. I saw it last night... I'm so sorry.."

Once again my mood was brought down with the fact that Angel Island had been destroyed.

" Its alright, I'll have to find somewhere else I suppose..." I said glumly.

The chipmunk then wrapped her arms around me and I received a hug, which made me blush.

" Well, the good thing is that your not hurt... Err... Actually you look rather beat-up. Uhm, its a good thing that your still alive." She shrugged sheepishly and blushed slightly, then released me from her hold.

I laughed quietly at her effort to cheer me up.

"You should get those gashes and cuts cleaned up." Sally said quickly. "Come with me."

" Oh n-no really I have to be go-" Before I could finish my sentence of reasoning with the princess, she had laced her small dainty hands over mine and was tugging me to the Medical hut.

` Please.. No doctors..' I thought slouching lazily on a bed as a yellow duck waddled in with a few swabs.

" It would be horrible if those were to get infected," The duck said " I'll just bandage them up."

He then dabbed one of the gashes on my back-side.

"OW!" I arched my back trying escape the stinging sensation that was now spreading over my back.

" Now calm down," The duck replied, with a soft voice. " You'll feel much better afterwards.

I settled down again and concentrated on something else as the duck dabbed at my wounds and covered them with clothe.

I sighed heavily with relief when the duck announced that he was finished. I quickly hopped off the bed and walked outside.

It was another cloudy day, the clouds seemed just as dark as they had yesterday. But like before, I enjoyed the dark sky that covered the bright sun.

I looked up, admiring this rare occasion, it always seemed to be so sunny and bright on Mobius, this was a nice change for me... Not noticing who was walking by me, I was bumped into by a small orange fox.

" Heya Knuckles, feeling any better?" Tails asked as he looked up at me.

" Yeah, I guess." I replied as I started walking again.

"Your not going to try and leave again are you?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. That voice..

Shit...

I spun around only to see a blue hedgehog holding the glowing Master Emerald.



~*End of chapter five*~


More to come people! Review.. Review now! You know you want to O.o