Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ My Turn ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Next Chapter, whoooo. *sigh* Still now reviews... I’m starting to feel like I’m writing for a bunch of zombies. But I’ll shut up so you can all read, and not review... :( *sniffle*


~*Here to stay*~



I froze, now feeling threatened.

" Hand it over Sonic." I managed to keep my cool while saying this to the hedgehog.

" Nuh-Uh, not until you promise to stay here." Sonic seemed back to his normal self, he was smirking, and had that stupid half-wit look.

Sighing in defeat, I slowly walked over to the hedgehog.

"Well..." Before I finished the sentence I made an attempt to grab the emerald, but missed.

I growled and clenched my teeth in warning.

" What are you two doing?" The hedgehog and I both turned around to see Sally, tapping her foot and looking irritated.

" We were talking." Said Sonic smugly.

With Sonic's attention focused on Sally I made another attempt to grab the green stone, but missed once again and fell to the ground with a humiliating thud.

I leaped back up my fists clenched in frustration.

" Is that the Master Emerald?" Sally asked, eyeing the jewel with a fascinated gaze as the green light reflected in her eyes.

This was my chance. " Yes! Sonic took it from me and won't give it back." After telling on him like that I felt rather childish.

" Sonic, give Knuckles the emerald back." Sally said, as if she were speaking to a three year old.

But Sonic only tilted his head and hummed as if in an effort to ignore her.

" Alright, I'm counting to three. One.. T-" The hedgehog scoffed and tossed the emerald to me. I caught it and dwelled in my relief.

" Thanks Sally." I replied, still staring at my now returned prize.

" Anytime Knuckles." Sally said, shooting a teasing glare at the hedgehog.

" Man, she's got you whipped, hedgehog." I said in a mocking tone.

" Feh!" Sonic spat as he looked the other way.

I laughed, and smirked slightly. It was enjoyable to see his weakness walk away into the Acorn castle.
As I glanced back, I was surprised by how close Sonic was to me now.

I looked away, as if I was interested in a ladybug that was scurrying in the shrubbery beneath me. His presence reminded me of the events from the night before. I rubbed my back-side subconsciously.

" I'm sorry about what I did."

I gazed at the hedgehog, shocked that I had received an apology.

" I was just worried, so I resorted back to instinct... No hard feelings?" He held out his hand as a token of forgiveness.

I took his hand and shook on it.

"Well alright!" Sonic shouted, yanking my arm back, making me stumble. "Lets find out what that thing was.."

"It didn't even look human..." I said. "I got a good glimpse of it after I was released. It couldn't have been Chaos, too dark, but it still resembled Chaos somehow, I can‘t quite put my finger on it."

" You've got a point.." The hedgehog's ears twitched. He looked deep in thought. " Chaos was sealed away... And if something had happened with Chaos, wouldn't Tikal have notified us?"

" Yeah.. But it did look somewhat like Chaos, but more slender... Seemed underweight. And what was it doing in Knothole?" I put my chin in my gloved hand.

" Maybe for the Master Emerald. What I'm surprised about is that it didn't go after your emerald.. But for you instead..." Sonic looked over at me for support.

" I guess, but what would it want with me? Besides, it tried to squeeze my guts out... That's not exactly what you do to something that you need." I let out a shudder remembering the confrontation.

We both stood in silence, plotting, contemplating.

" Well I'm hungry." Sonic suddenly chirped. " Be back in a blast." And with that the hedgehog disappeared in a blue blur leaving a cloud of smoke for me to choke on.

I shifted a bit, and sat down on the soft lush grass. I felt insecure about something. ‘I can't be dependant on anyone if I'm going to get through this' I frowned and swallowed my new fear.

"Damn that hedgehog could probably stuff his face for hours!" I hissed looking up at the cloudy sky. It had been about an hour since Sonic had taken off. By now I was fed up.

I got up to my feet and headed for the edge of Knothole. I was curious to see the outside after the storm.

It took me about a half hour to get through the woods, the fallen trees and broken branches made the forest almost like a barricade.

I finally stumbled outside of the wood, and looked around me. Everything seemed the same. Especially the feeling of being alone. I had missed that feeling. Even if I was only in company for a day or two, I still longed to think on my own.

I sat cross-legged in the open plain that stretched to the ocean, and closed my eyes. I just now realized that when we discussed who may have been behind this new found situation, we never once thought of Eggman as a suspect... After all, he was the one who unleashed Chaos....

I shook my head to rid myself of the thought. Instead I focused on the Master Emerald, which was in my clenched fist. I emptied my mind, trying to accomplish the state of nothingness.

I was abruptly brought back to reality as I heard a snap from behind. I jumped up turning to my side, wincing from the pain that erupted in my lower back. I then spotted the split-tailed fox.

" Tails.. What are you doing here..." I asked in an irritated.

" Sally wanted me to check on you... She was worried... She wants you to come back to Knothole, and says its too dangerous." The fox fiddled with his fingers looking sheepish and nervous.

" Well, tell Sally that I'm alright."

I wasn’t going to let anyone tell me what to do, not even Sally...

Even if I do fear to invoke her short temper...

I flashed the fox a warm smile to help him calm down.

" I don‘t know Knuckles... You should come back." The bashful two-tailed fox’s ears lowered as if he had already knew the mistake he had just made.

"I don’t need anyone telling me what to do Tails..." Now my voice was cold and unforgiving.

" Alright... Just be careful..." The fox then hovered back into the forest held up by his namesakes.

" Phew.. I was so close.." I mumbled to myself. ‘So close to mangling the little orange annoyance.. How can Sonic stand the kid?' Still thinking, I didn't pay much attention to the fact that I was walking further away from the entrance to Knothole, but in fact in the direction of Mobotropolis.

I stopped in my tracks, finally realizing my subconscious actions. "Hm.. Looks like I'm a bit curious to see his role in this whole ordeal..." I looked down onto the congested city, I had never realized how close the two of these worlds were located... " I'll just visit..."

After a few seconds I decided to take on this new and exciting task. " Won't he be surprised..." I hadn't realized how hungry I was for revenge against Eggman.

I ran towards the edge of the plain and swiftly jumped into the air. ` I'm ready..'

Just as my dreads had caught the midday's breeze, I felt something latch onto my ankle. I landed back on the ground with a loud thud.

" Man, leaving without me, what a drag on my part."

I frowned, flipping myself around only to see a blue hedgehog looking down at me, with an expression of annoyance.

" What do you want, hedgehog." I growled as I kicked off the grip he had on me.

" Well I was just wondering why my buddy decided to leave on an adventure without me." Sonic spat.

I flinched at the fact that he had called me buddy again. But I didn't feel I had the energy to deal with his persistence.

I got up and looked back to Mobotropolis.

" I want to find out if he's behind this." I said coolly.

" Alright hold it Knucklehead."

I shot a glare at him, but he still continued on.

" Were both not even fully healed from last night. And if that thing, is under Robuttnik's control, then we don't stand a chance."

I opened my mouth to retort, but found nothing to object to in his logic.

Instead, I did the most idiotic thing I think I may have done since Eggman had first deceived me.
I ran back to cliff and jumped off, this time successfully escaping Sonic's grip.


This will be on my own...



~*End of chapter six*~




Thanks for reading, the next chapter will be up soon once I rewrite a few things..