Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I fell over a metal cylinder. Letting out a small yelp, I and cursed at myself for knowing better. ‘Definitely not sturdy.’
I was now inside Eggman’s headquarters, looking for some kind of evidence to explain his unseen death.

Sonic And I had agreed to split up and search Mobotropolis. I spotted a small glowing container. It was glowing a vibrant yellow. Without care, I smashed it open. Inside was a beaming chaos emerald.

My lavender eyes widened, staring at the unspeakably beautiful gem. ‘ It must be reacting to the other chaos emeralds, which means.. There’s more around here...

With this thought I started searching the whole area, but found nothing.

" Damn, must be further away than I thought." I started walking outside Headquarters and saw its light grow brighter. I started walking faster seeing it’s pulse quicken. But I was taken back when something bumped into me.

It was Sonic, also holding a Chaos Emerald. But his differed in a reddish hue, much like my fur.

" You found one too?" The hedgehog asked bewildered.

" Yeah... Who knows why he still had them..."

We both agreed to head back to Knothole where they would be kept safely in King Acorn’s chamber.

" I can’t believe he’s gone." Said the hedgehog. "What else am I going to do for fun?!" Sonic started tugging at his sapphire quills in frustration.

I frowned, disappointed that he only valued Eggman’s life for entertainment.

But, its not like I felt any different about it...

We came to a stop at the metal wall again.

‘ There’s no way I can get back over...’ Everything in the base was too slick for me to climb.

"Hmm..." The hedgehog looked at me with a funny expression.

"What is it Red?"

Breaking away from my thoughts I responded. " Wha? Oh... I’m trying to figure out how we can get over...

"Hey yeah... How are we gonna get over? I scoffed at Sonic’s stupidity. Suddenly two fists appeared in front of me.

"What are you doing Sonic?" I twitched slightly, thinking he was going to punch me.

" Throw me over the wall, I can get some rope." I looked at him for a moment.

" Your not going to leave me here... Are you?" Sonic’s eyes widened for a moment, then he shook his head.

"Man, that Robuttnik really messed with your mind. I’d never leave you on your own, you should know that by now Knucklehead." He playfully punched me on the shoulder. " Now toss me over, it’ll only take a few minutes for me to get to Knothole and back, I promise.

" Okay... Just don’t take too long." Having said that I took the hedgehog’s arms, and hauled him over the wall. I watched as he turned into a blue blur and sped through the sky and out of sight.

" Hurry back..."

It wasn’t exactly fear that swept over me while I was in there alone. It was more like unwanted company, like I should never have gone there. I hadn’t noticed that I was backed up in a corner, shifting around nervously, as if I were looking for something.

Something that should have been there...

The sky had darkened, and was now a dull grayish-blue.

‘Where is he...’ I shivered subconsciously, it was becoming colder by the moment. I sat down with my arms wrapped around my sides. He should have been here by now.

I got back up, feeling restless. ‘C’mon hedgehog...’ Where the hell was he? Then a thought crossed my mind.

‘What if he did want to leave me here...?’

No.. He even said he wouldn’t...

‘I never should have trusted him...’

Why would he do this...?

I could have easily come up with an answer to that.

‘Damn... How do I get out...? I looked around, for anything that could be of use to my escape. I then looked at the two gems in my enclosed trembling fists.

‘Chaos control... If that hedgehog could do it, then so could I...’

I started to doubt even my own strength.

‘No... I won’t.’

I noticed the bolts that were protruding from the wall. They looked rather small, but at least worth a try... Knowing that I couldn’t climb still holding onto the emeralds, I searched for something to carry them in.

Spotting a small rag that must have strayed in the storm, I places the two precious jewels inside and tied it securely over my shoulder.

I cupped my left hand over the large bolt, checking to see if it was supportive enough for my weight. Approving, I lifted myself up and placed my right foot on one of the screws.

‘I’ll be able to get out...’

I sighed with relief, scaling up the barrier with a smirk on my face. By now it was completely dark, almost pitch black.

I was just over the ledge when I heard a sharp blast coming through the forest. I jumped slightly, causing me to almost loose my balance.

Looking down, I saw a blue streak pass along the gates.

"Yo! Sorry I took so long, I got hungry..." I rolled my eyes and stared at the hedgehog who was looking at me in astonishment.

"I see you don’t need this anymore..." Sonic said scornfully as he gestured to the rope he held in his left hand.

"Eh, I was getting bored, you were much to slow..." I said teasingly.

"Slow?! Me? How bout I come and push you right back into that graveyard Knucklehead!" The hedgehog started walking towards the wall, when suddenly he stopped, his mouth wide open.

"What..?" I asked, giving Sonic a strange look.

"Look out Knuckles! Move, move!" The hedgehog was nearly leaping off the ground when saying this.

I still looked at him, particularly amused. "Good one... You blue moro-" I went silent, seeing a shadow loom over the ground where Sonic was standing.

Suddenly I was jerked back over the wall by a strong limb that had wrapped itself around my leg. I was hanging upside down, blinded by my quills.

"Knuckles!!" I heard Sonic shouting my name over and over again.

I struggled, it was the creature we had fought not so long ago. I knew it was. I saw a glint through the corner of my eye. My sights settled on the lump of clothe still tied to my arm. I slipped my hand inside and pulled out the yellow emerald.

‘This is all I can do...’


"CHAOS CONTROL!!"