Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Apparition ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was here... Somewhere.

What does it want.

I don’t know...


It was Angel Island, but there was a darkness that covered the sky, just like the night it had been destroyed.

I seemed to be mesmerized by a small pond near the Master Emerald’s shrine. The water that inhabited the oversized puddle seemed restless, ripples rolled over the transparent liquid continuously.

I want to know... What are you?

Concentrating my gaze onto the smooth surface, I saw a shadow within the depths of the pond.

I need to know... Tell me.

The water seemed respondent to my plight, the small waves grew larger and more violent.

I’ll finally be able to know who you are...

I reached my hand into the water, feeling for the object of interest. My left arm grew unbearably cold, when I originally thought it would have been warm, considering the usual temperature on Angel Island.

More like... Mobius?

My eyes snapped open, I was still lying on the sand. My body was half submerged in the water. The tide must have come in while I was sleeping.

Only a dream...

I deeply wished that it hadn’t, I missed my Island greatly. I had no home now, not even Knothole.

Not anymore that is...

I sat up wearily, wishing I could sleep forever. I lifted my drenched hand out of the ocean water and made sure I still possessed the Master Emerald. Sure enough, it was still nestled within my hand. I was lucky that the current hadn’t swept the stone out to sea, that would have been disastrous.

Where do I go...

I knew I couldn’t stay here forever. Maybe I could sojourn in Station Square until I got things straitened out.

That would work.

My mind was made up. I hadn’t been in StationSquare since the last time I had teamed up with Sonic to collect the seven Chaos Emeralds and defeat the Biolizard. I stood for a moment trying to figure out where StationSquare was located.

" Some innate sense of direction I have..." I said sarcastically. " And now I’m talking to myself, just perfect.... Argh."

‘ I remember StationSquare being on the west side of Angel Island...’ I glanced back up at where I estimated that my island once floated, and calculated the distance and direction.

‘Right would be my best bet...’ On that thought, I turned west and started my journey.


I must have been walking all night, my body ached, and the dawn light was approaching over the horizon. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, being mindful of the spikes that protruded from my fists.

Looking around, I saw that I was close to the urban area of the city. It was by luck that I had traveled in the right direction, but all the same, I was there, and that's all that mattered to me.

‘ Soon as I get there, I’m going to take a nice long nap...’ My eyes were drooping from lack of sleep, I could barely keep a clear view of the land ahead of me.

Or the shadow that was slowly creeping up behind me...

I noticed movement through the corner of my eye. Stopping in my tracks, I stood silently, listening for any new movements.

It was still too dark to see much, but the light given off from the rising day was just enough to silhouette the figure standing behind me.

I didn’t know what it looked like, it seemed familiar, but it slipped through my mind as quick as it came.

This was it I guess, unless I made a run for it.

I mentally started to count in my mind.

1...2...--

" Knuckles"

I gasped, the voice was familiar to me. It wasn’t Sonic, or Tails.

" Tikal?"

I spun around to see a green light floating in front of me.

"He’s looking for you. He hides in the shadows, please be careful Knuckles!" After her last words said, she disappeared into the dusk.

"Wait!" My words didn’t make a difference in what had just happened.

"Wai-" Before I could finish my sentence I was engulfed by darkness.

"Aaah!" I sat up, panting uncontrollably. I looked around seeing that it was still dark.

I must have fallen asleep during my journey to StationSquare...

Some dream...

But just a dream...

Rising to my feet, I saw that I could visually see the city. Glad that I was close to other life, I ran quickly to my destination.

I was now on the outskirts of downtown, near the Emerald Coast. The view was beautiful, the palm trees swayed in the swift morning breeze. I sat on the dock and stared into the water, reminiscing about my dream.

Now that I tried to grasp it’s events, I struggled to remember every detail. I still knew that I wanted to know something, that I couldn’t understand yet.

‘Maybe its time I got some sleep now...’ I looked over my shoulder, seeing the Emerald Coast hotel.

I don’t have any money though...

I looked at the Master Emerald.

‘Never! I’d never sell the Master Emerald!’

I’d just have to stay somewhere else until I could get some funds. I didn’t know of anyone who lived in StationSquare.

My thoughts were interrupted my a soft thump on the sand. I spun around, seeing two metallic feet planted on the damp earth. It was a large robotic machine, it had two large pincers and some sort of netting, I couldn’t quite make it out in the dim light.

" What is it..??"