Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Final Failure ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I reeeally don't understand, over a hundred views and still no reviews. What, you have something against my writing!? So yuo read and then leave me without any insight? Sheesh, I swear if I don't get any soon I'm going to stop writing this fic, authors write stories so they can recieve FEEDBACK. Sheesh...
Anyways, I'm not sure if my story is all in chronilogical order, with the comic, or game storyline that is. Let me know if I've written anything out of order, or is just, well, wrong :P Enjoy, and please, review.






I moved out my feet to get a good stance, but not ready to fight. I was so tired that my posture wavered slightly. I wasn’t in a good condition for battle.

Why now...

I did the only thing that I could think of, besides facing it.

I ran.

Resorting back to my instincts, I dashed aimlessly through the sleeping city in a panic, stumbling as my figure lagged from lack of sleep. I stopped in an alley to catch my breathe, not even sure if the Robot had followed me. I jumped after hearing a large clunk next to me.

Without looking I desperately ran further into the alley, trying to find a quick exit. Instead I scaled up a building wall and mounted on the top. I could see the whole city from here, but I needed a place to hide.

‘Where could I hide?’ My eyes widened as I spotted Twinkle Park.

It was worth a try...

I bounded off of the structure and spread out my blood-red quills. Gliding over to my destination, I saw that the robot was following me by foot. I’d have to get to the Park Entrance before the machine did.

Landing in front of the robot, I sprinted for the elevator, making it inside, I quickly pressed the entrance button. I was suddenly being lifted from the ground, and seeing the stalker’s size decrease.

I was safe. For now that is.

Once the elevator came to a stop, I stepped out onto the cold metal floor. It was a strange sight seeing Twinkle Park empty, remembering my last visit here, it was flocked with humans.

Walking through the area, I saw a large pool, and a roller coaster towering above, to the left was a set of stairs carpeted with a lush green rug. I had been in here before. I decided to go stay in the area that I was familiar with.

I walked along the path that trailed all the way up the tower, seeing the day growing brighter. Finally reaching the top, I realized that there was no way off. Maybe I had taken a wrong turn...

Suddenly I was knocked forward from a blow to my back, I lost my footing and fell off of the tall tower. Not being able to turn my form around, my dreads were useless to me. For one brief moment I caught a glimpse of the Robot, then my view was completely obscured by water.

I must have fallen into the pool that was by the roller coaster.

Loosing breathe, I tried kicking my legs to reach the surface. But the water level was much too deep. I looked around in panic, my eyes burning from the intruding water. I saw a set of stairs leading out of the pool. I slowly swam over, now feeling light headed and tired.

I grabbed the railing and pulled myself up. As I reached the surface I gasped for air and rested on the smooth marble surface. I just wanted to sleep, and never have to wake.

Slowly lifting myself up, I saw that I was alone again, or so it seemed. Pulling myself out of the water, the Robot was nowhere in sight. I was running again, but being careless in my direction. I didn’t know where I was now, in some kind of hallway.

Suddenly I was launched forward after tripping on a wrinkle in the carpet that lay on the floor. The carpet was blood red, and darkened as it went further down the room. I sat up, my eyes closed, I was unbearably tired, drenched and cold. I would have collapsed right there if I hadn’t of opened my eyes. I yelped and leapt back, bumping against the other side of the room’s wall.

I saw five or six reflections of myself staring at me.

Mirrors?

Amy had told me about this room once. When she was being chased by Beta, if I recall correctly. I never thought I’d see it for myself.

Walking along the red carpet, I noticed that the mirrors increased. This was a confusing area, I couldn’t tell what was a new room and what was a mirror, considering I smashed into a few, cracking one.

As I walked, I had the unnerving feeling that I wasn’t alone. Suddenly a blue flash shot across the reflections of all the mirrors, even if for only a second. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes.

Growling curses, and swears, I finally found the real exit from the room. It was a circular area, containing a marry-go-round.

" Sleep..." I said miserably to myself, this seemed like a safe area. I went to the wall and curled up, my eyes still opened, I didn’t feel safe, or sleepy anymore. To ensure my insecurity, I heard soft footsteps coming towards me.

For a moment I was hopeful that it was a friendly blue hedgehog...

Without looking, I sprinted out of the room, but was pulled back. Before I could turn around I was wrapped in some kind of binding.

I was flipped upside down, and lost my grip of the Master Emerald, it fell through the netting with ease and landed on the bright red carpet.

"No!"

I tried struggling out of the net, my fists thrashing every which way.

I couldn’t loose the Emerald, it was my only reason to live. I tried with all my might to reach for my treasure, but was slowly being lifted off of the ground.

It was too much, everything that meant something to me was gone.

Angel Island, Knothole, my friends. Now the Master Emerald. I couldn’t bear the reality of my loss.

It was overwhelming, my vision started fading into a deep blue, until everything finally went black.