Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Only blurs ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

" I told you to bring him back alive! Stupid hunk of junk! The echidna is no use for me if he’s dead!"

I opened my eyes, recognizing the irritating voice.

"Eggman?!" My eyes widened, as I got a full picture of the Living Robotnik, and also his small henchman , Snively.

" Oh! You are alive, well then, good job. You stupid piece of metal." The evil genius gave the machines that inhabited the room an order to leave.

Now it was just me, Robotnik and Snively.

" Where the heck am I? In hell or something?!" I yelled, now noticing I was bound to the wall by two chains that were enclosed around my wrists.

" Why, your at my headquarters Knuckles." Robotnik motioned to the room that we were in. Which was enormous, filled with contraptions and mechanical objects.

" But you were dead! I saw you, dead! You are! What the hell are you doing alive?!" I was tugging at the chains that held me to the spot, I desired to do away with Eggman. He was so close, but so far away all the same.

" What is the echidna talking about?" Robotnik stared at the small, less mannish figure standing beside him.

" I really don’t know sir..." Snively cocked an eyebrow at me in confusion.

" I’m very well alive you foolish idiot." The genius spat

" But I saw you dead! In your headquarters!" I was rambling in my mind, trying to make sense in all the new confusion.

"Oh, you mean my... Old base?" Hah! I new that bastard of a hedgehog would be fooled." Snively then cackled quietly to himself.

" Old base? But why did you leave the Cha-" I stopped myself before completing my sentence.

" Ah yes, the Chaos Emeralds, I take it that Sonic has them, am I right?" The Genius was now grinning.

I didn’t answer, knowing that saying something wouldn’t much help my predicament.

" I’ll take that as a yes, you see this radar Knuckles?" Robotnik then held out a small device with a blue screen within it. " This is an Emerald radar, that means when I turn it on, I’ll know the location of Knothole!" The Genius and his assistant both laughed, its sound echoing through the large area.

My heart sank, this was all my fault, for wanting to find Eggman’s base.

It was my fault...

Filled with anger and despair, I thrust my foot up and kicked the radar out of Eggman’s hand, projecting it to the floor where it cracked, spilling it’s insides on the floor.

" Damn you!!" Robotnik shrieked as he punched me across the face.

I managed to smirk, as I watched him fondle over the small device. He barked orders to Snively, who was scurrying towards him.

"I’ll be back you fool!" The Genius growled, as him and Snively left the room.

That didn’t give me much time to try and escape. I pulled and tugged at the cuffs attached to my wrists, but they were too securely fastened to the wall. I idiotically started gnawing on the attachments, immediately stopping after hearing a cracking sound come from the inside of my mouth.

I spat out blood that had welled up after Eggman had taken a swing at me. He was a wimp, no wonder he needed machines to do his dirty work for him. I chuckled to myself about the subject. ‘ What a sissy...’

Quickly I set my mind back on escaping, thinking of how I could warn Knothole before Eggman found their location. I didn’t even know where Eggman’s new base was located.

I turned around, and placed my left foot vertically on the wall that held my bindings. I started to push my foot against the wall and pull my arms back. After a few moments I heard a crack emitted from the bolts that held the chains to the wall.

‘ That should be enough.’ I then quietly waited for the two to return, hearing their footsteps and chattering from the other room.

Eggman came back in, with a new expression of accomplishment, as he doted over the small radar.

" I’ve made some new additions to it." Robotnik hissed with laughter. Now, lets see where they’re hiding..."

As the genius was about to tap the button. I pulled myself out from the wall, as the confines edged out of the wall a sharp grinding noise exploded throughout the room , which startled both Snively and Robotnik. The chains that were still attached to my wrists swatted the side of Snively’s face, in which he cringed and whimpered as he held the side of his face.

I immediately charged towards Eggman, who strangely seemed welcoming to my attack, I lifted up my fist and then saw the evil genius hold out the contraption he possessed within his left hand.

I saw a spark, and then felt a painful shock surge through my body. I landed to the ground, moaning in agony.

" Did I mention the ‘new adjustments...?’ Hahahaha!" Eggman stood over me laughing.

I tried lifting up my head but my neck couldn’t support the weight. I shut my eyes as if in an effort to escape the pain. I laid there motionless except for when I gasped for air.

" Now then." I heard a small click. He must have turned on the radar. " Ah, there are two emeralds, ah yes the ones I left in Mobotropolis... Where are they..." I heard the Genius gasp. " They’re here!? But how?! That's impossible, if not it means..." Eggman’s voice then trailed off.

" That's right Robuttnik! Thought you had it all planned out didn’t you."

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing a blue hedgehog standing near where I laid on the floor. I shut my eyes again, slightly cringing from the pain that was still circulating throughout my body.

" Stay back you blue bastard! If you come any closer you’ll end up fried like your little friend here."

A shriek from Snively was heard within the area. I heard a clank on the metallic floor next to me. I opened my eyes. It was the radar. I grasped the object, ignoring the pain that shot through my arm as I moved.

Strengthening my grip, I heard a crunching sound from inside my fist. Opening my hand, a crushed radar device was dropped to the floor, screws and bolts clacking onto the hard floor.

" Way to go Red!" I heard the hedgehog holler as he ran towards me.

" How’d you find me...?" I managed to stutter, my body still not completely under my control.

" Tell you later! Right now we’ve gotta to juice!" I was suddenly lifted up and tossed over the hedgehog’s shoulder. Now at regular eye level, I saw Robotnik and Snively on the bloodied ground.

I tried struggling to get on my feet, but Sonic’s grip didn’t allow it.

" Let me go..." I whispered, now feeling drowsy. I didn’t want help, especially from my nemesis. We were in some kind of tunnel, but everything was a blur, at such high speed not much was to be seen.

Except blurs... I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.