Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Accident Prone ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


‘Ello peoples, yes yes, another chapter up for you all! I know the weather in my story isn’t all too likable... But I just can’t bring it out of myself to write about a sunny day... *hisses at the sun* I dunno, maybe I’ll try it... Someday >.> Thanks for the e-mails again! Your all so cool ^.^ But I don’t know If I’ll be able to use any of the ideas... All of the chapters are already written... Well except for the last 6.... Ja... I don’t know why I’m so fond of Sonic Adventure 1’s adventure areas. Oh well, it ish my fav sonic game ^^. And it gives me a good excuse to play SA! (I’m researching >.>;;;)

Anywho, I’m having trouble sorting through the story for chapter endings and beginnings, so I apologize ahead of time for any extra long, or extra short chapters and delays in posting >.<; I’ll do the best I can though! And.. Sorry about the cliffhangers O.o; but, that's how you keep a person reading right? ENJOY! <3
*Shriner*
*********************************



"Knux."

Who’s that...

" Knuckles?"

My vision slowly crept back as I saw a pair of Emerald eyes staring at me, creased with a look of worry.

"Hey Knucklehead, for a second I thought I’d lost ya." It was his usually sarcasm.

I sat up, and looked around, we were on top of a building, in StationSquare I presumed. It was dark, I wasn’t able to decipher if it was early morning or night.

"Where are we?" I asked, noticing the familiarity of my surroundings.

"StationSquare, somewhere in Twinkle Park."

A shudder escaped as I heard the name, we were located by the pool, where I had unfortunately fallen in previously. The large boats still spun in a rhythm above the park in an unusual fashion. My sight went everywhere, hoping that I wouldn’t see what of Eggman’s robots.

The hedgehog seemed to notice my discomfort at the mention.

"Don’t worry, the Eggman and his bolt brains don’t know were here. I’m sure they’re just now waking..." He grinned after saying this.

"You knew about the robot?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Course I did! You think I wouldn’t follow you? Moron..." The hedgehog closed his eyes and laid back onto his palms, gazing up into the dark sky.

"When were you following me?" Surprised that the whole time he had actually come after me, considering the events in Knothole.

"Yesterday morning, I thought you would have had enough staying outside during the night. But nooo you just kept on walking. I lost you for a while in the night, cause I had to take a snooze..." The hedgehog’s eyes made a moon-shape as he said this.

I half smirked, but was still dazed. My eyes wandered randomly, not knowing what to do with them at the present moment, except close them.

Sonic shifted slightly, then continued with his story. "Well anyways, I caught up to around when you ran into the entrance of Twinkle Park. I ran into the robo-butt, didn’t even take notice to me." Sonic grimaced, thinking for the first time that he wasn’t in the spotlight.

"I found you after the run-in with Buttnik’s little friend. But then I lost you in the room with all the mirrors..."

"So that was you..." I remembered seeing the flash of light while I was traveling through the area.

"Yup, that was me alright. I fell through one of those damn trap doors, I was lost for about five minutes. By the time I got through, you were long gone."

"Yeah..." My mind was suddenly struck by the event that had occurred during my capture.

"Wait! The Master Emerald!" I quickly got up, but was yanked back down by one of my dreads. Sonic had grabbed hold of my quill, his eyes still closed.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I pulled back out of his grip.

"Relax Red, I got it covered." He reached in the small backpack that was settled next to him, and pulled out a green stone.

"The Master Emerald. But.. How did you..." My hands shot out to receive the stone, but the hedgehog only snatched it back.

"I found it when I finally got to the last room." He waved it around in a taunting manner.

"C’mon hand it over!" I was grabbing for it continuously.

"I will. But only if you promise one thing." Sonic said.

I frowned, becoming impatient.

"Alright alright, what is it." I awaited his answer. My eyes still focused on the precious gem.

" Don’t run away from me anymore." The hedgehog’s left eye opened staring focused on me.

My mind tried to work out the meaning of his words.

" What do you mean by that? I n-"

" Just promise!" Both of his eyes were open now, staring on me.

"...Fine, fine I promise! Now give me the Emerald!" Sonic gazed into my eyes for a few moments, until he finally tossed it my way.

I caught the Emerald in my hands, my worries melting away as I stared into its depth. I looked back up at Sonic, who’s head was now bowed down in a relaxed posture.

What did he mean...? Not to run away from him anymore?

"So, tell me about your journey.." The hedgehog looked over at me.

" Err... Cold?"

"Yeah, and?" He looked at me, expecting more.

"I learned that I hate Roller Coasters..?" I fumbled with my thumbs, feeling awkward now.

"Weren’t you scared, or alone?" This seemed like an odd question to me, I had always been alone, and afraid.

"No. I’ve never felt scared, or alone." That had to be the biggest lie I’ve ever told to anyone.

"Why?" Sonic was now sitting upright, his hands behind him as a support.

"Because... That‘s just the way it is." After saying this, we both became quiet. I gazed at the star filled sky, still oblivious to the time.

" It’s night." It was almost as if the hedgehog had read my mind. "You were out all day. I was starting to get worried. You tired?"

"Yeah... Sort of." At the mention of sleep, it made me realize my eyes were heavy.

" That's too bad, I’m wide awake." The hedgehog sighed, and tapped his feet on the hard concrete. "You hungry?"

I looked at him for a moment.

‘Am I hungry?’

I hadn’t eaten since I left Knothole. But I didn’t have much of an appetite.

‘I’ll just humor him...’

"I guess...Yes."

"Cool!" The hedgehog leaped up, swinging the backpack over his shoulder. " Lets go!"

"Oka-" Before I could finish my sentence the hedgehog had grabbed onto my left arm. He ran towards the edge and jumped off of the building, pulling me down with him. I shut my eyes in fear of plummeting down onto the hard concrete.

"Were here!" I heard an excited Sonic chirp.

I opened my eyes, seeing that we were in front of a diner.

"How..?" I was being tugged into the restaurant, still baffled as to how we had gotten down on the ground scratch free.

A waitress led us to a table. I hadn’t seen this many humans in a long while. It must have been at least somewhere near seven o’ clock, because the diner was full of people.

I felt out of place, I looked down at my napkin, poking it for no particular reason, well, maybe for find something else to stare at then loads of people. I suppose that was a good purpose.

The waitress came back to our table with a small notepad.

"Would you like any drinks?"

" I’d like a milkshake." Sonic tapped his feet against the bench that he was seated on impatiently.

"And you sir?" The waitress then directed her attention towards me, in which I was still acting as if I were interested in the napkin.

"Um... Coffee please..." I squeaked out nervously.

" For here or to go?"

"To go." Sonic said.

"Will that be all?"

"Yup." The hedgehog leaned back looking out the window as the waitress left to serve a neighboring table.

"What's the problem Red?" I looked up from my napkin, seeing that the hedgehog was now leaning over the table, his arms laid on the countertop.

"Too many people..." Sonic gazed at me with his emerald eyes.

"Too many people? What's wrong with people?"

"I don’t know, its not the people, there's just too many..." I starting dragging my napkin across the table with one finger.

"Ah, I see. Self conscious eh?" Sonic snickered and laid back.

"What?! I am not!" I crossed my arms, refusing him eye contact.

"Aw c’mon buddy you know I’m joking." He chuckled softly.

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"Keep calling you what?" The hedgehog was now sitting up straight.

"You call me buddy."

"Yeah, you have a problem with that?"

"Yeah, because I don’t have any buddies." I saw the expression on Sonic’s face turn for the worst.

"Why do you always shut people out Red?" Our conversation was interrupted as the Waitress served us our drinks.

As soon as she walked away we continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Still concentrating on not making eye contact, but instead looking out the window at the on-going cars.

"Why do you make it impossible for anyone to actually LIKE you?!"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I stood up from my seat, as did Sonic. Both of our fists clenched in frustration.

" It means that your a big whiny loner who only cares about himself and no one else!"

"Well at least I’m not a weakling who depends on his friends to do his work for him!"

"You asshole!"

"Blue Bastard!"

We both threw insults at one another until one of the waiters came over.

"Please gentleman, If you want to fight bring it outside! We worked hard to keep a good atmosphere in here!"

As he said this Sonic pounded his fist on the table, hitting the platter that held our drinks. It flew over my head and dead center on the waiter’s face.

We both froze, in unison with the rest of the customers.

"Oh.. err.. S-Sorry..." Sonic stuttered. I saw him slowly back away, I followed his example and did the same.

I could see the waiters face slowly turn to a deep scarlet, his fists trembling and teeth clenched.

"GET OUT GET OUT NOW!! OTHERWISE I’LL CALL THE COPS ON YOUR ASSES!"

We both hurried out the back door and into the night.
******************

Hellooos, how’d you like it? I feel like I’m rushing it too fast... Better slow down >_> aheam *makes note to lengthen chapters* Muwahahaa. Next chapter shall be up soon!

Would you like to know the title?

Would you?

Okay I’ll tell you

its...

Well actually I don’t even know yet so tata! X3

*Your friendly lil’ Knuckle choa, Shriner* Muah