Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Shadow of a Chaos ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hah! Hellu! Erhm yeah I’ll shut up now. R&R!
**************


"Nice job Knucklehead." Sonic spat angrily.

"Hey, I’m not the one who assaulted a waiter with a milkshake so shut it!" I retorted.

"Hah! Like you’d have the guts to even assault a milkshake!"

I clenched my fists in warning "You want to start something, hedgehog?!"

"Sure! Lets start off with the stick that's wedged up your ass!"

"I’m warning you Sonic!" I was now standing in front of him, my fists held up.

"Oooh watcha gonna do? I can easily out run you."

"That's exactly what a coward would say!" I was twitching with fury, I yearned to fight him. His insults had buried themselves deep inside me, where I now felt some kind of void, an emptiness. He was the root of my problem, and I had the solution.

"I’ll get rid of you for good, Sonic!" I heard myself shouting, my face became hot, my head pounded. The only thing I wanted at that moment was to get rid of the hedgehog.

"So, then that's one less friend, too bad you’ll have to kill off the only one you had!" Sonic also shifted to his fighting stance, anger burning in his eyes.

"We were never friends!" I hissed, refusing myself of any support from another being. " They’re a crutch for the weak!"

Sonic stepped forward. "We’ve always been friends! Ever since the first time we met, and you know it!" A light drizzle started to descend from the sky, easing both of our raging tempers.

My fists were so tight I feared that I would have shattered the Master Emerald. I loosened my grip slightly.

Sonic yanked off his small backpack and tossed it aside.

I didn’t want to fight anymore. I just wanted to be left alone, like I had always been.

By myself, and completely alone. Now, that damned hedgehog had created my first true weakness.

A friend...

We both stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. It was as if neither one of us wanted to fight. I lowered my arms, in a sign of surrender. Sonic did the same.

"Sorry..." Sonic murmured, but his apology was swept away by the winds that now visited the empty streets of Station Square.

"Yeah..." I looked down at the wet pavement shamefully. We were both drenched, the drizzle had become a rush of heavy rain.

Sonic opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted when his backpack was flung away from him.

"The Chaos Emeralds!" We both rushed after the backpack, that was strangely enough, dragging across the ground by itself. It then vanished.

"Where’d they go?!" The hedgehog said, sounding panicked.

"I-I don’t know.. They have to be around here somewhere.." I said. We both started to search the area. The streetlights were now blinking on. A bright yellow light from a human made machine flashed over me. I turned around, but bumped into a soft object.

I staggered back, and stared into the face of my enemy.

This was the first time... That I had seen it out of the shadows. It twitched, as if the light were bothersome to it’s flesh. The noises and sounds that it make were unnatural. I stared in awe, and was paralyzed by fear.

It was Chaos.

No... No it wasn’t. It looked like him, but was mutated in such a way... That it made the two completely different.

I heard Sonic yelling in the background. But his words were only to be lost in my swarming thoughts.

Move... How can I? He destroyed my island... He destroyed my destiny.

The creature latched onto my left arm, but I could only stand, mesmerized. I noticed that inside the monster’s body were two shining gems. The Chaos Emeralds, that were hidden away in the backpack.

Its happening all over again.

But this time its worse...

Get back... No... I can’t. He destroyed my life, everything I had to live for.

He destroyed me...

I leaned backwards, trying to gain footing, but I could only stare helplessly into my doom. It was almost like the creature was sucking the very life out of me. A green glow emitted from its surface.

My dream rushed back to me, clearer than ever before.

It wants my power...

I struggled to break free, only successful for one moment, until I was entangled in its tentacles again.

I couldn’t think of any other solution, but to die.

Sonic’s voice was much more clear to me now. It was almost as if he were sad. I felt like I was completely cut off from him, but was with him all the same.

I saw something glint next to my eye. I was tugged back to reality when I felt a sharp pain shoot across my chest. I let out a blood-curdling scream filled with pain and agony.

Struggling again, I was suddenly dropped to the ground.

I looked up, almost blinded by the rain.

The creature seemed enthralled by the sight of my blood. It examined the crimson mess that was layered on its razor sharp nails with interest. I rose to my feet gasping for breathe. The crescent moon birth mark that laid on my chest was now covered and matted in blood.

I ran at the dark mass that looked similar to Chaos. I wanted revenge. For everything that it had taken away from me.

But I was immediately pulled away from my target, being dragged away.

Sonic was holding me back, his arms wrapped around my shoulders. He was shouting something to me. But I was too dazed by hate and revenge to listen to him. I struggled briefly, but was slowly being tugged back by the hedgehog. I hated Sonic at that very moment, for taking away my chance of restoring everything to its natural state. The chance to make things the way I wanted them.

"Let me go! I’ll kill it! It destroyed my Island! It took everything away from me!" I put up a small protest as I tried struggling from his hold, but his grip only tightened.

"You promised! You promised that you wouldn’t run away from me anymore!" The hedgehog yelled.

I couldn’t fight anymore, I saw the creature disappear into the shadows, no longer eluded by the light. I relaxed my tensed muscles, still twitching slightly from the sharp pain that was settled in the fresh cut that stretched across my chest.

"Knuckles...?" The hedgehog said, in almost a whisper.

"...I hate you... Sonic..." I lowered my head in defeat, feeling a warm trickle descend down my cheek.

The hedgehog turned me around and embraced me in a small hug.

My head hung over his shoulder, my face covered in tears. Luckily for me, the rain would hide my despair and quiet sobs.

"I’m sorry Knuckles..." I heard him say softly.

I couldn’t return the comfort I had received from him. I grew very tired. And gradually fell asleep.
************

Hmm.. When I wrote this chapter, I didn’t really enjoy writing the last part. It depresses me ;.; Anyways, it...gets better. I think... I don't know, haven’t written the happy chapters yet.... Dammit now all my enthusiasm is gone! Sorry people I don’t have any stupid or witty things to say at the moment >.< Next chapter will be up soooon.
*Shriner*